Author Topic: Post our glorious rankings in this thread  (Read 157390 times)

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Post our glorious rankings in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: November 04, 2012, 08:09:38 PM »
FYI - The only changes in Oregon's computer rankings was they moved up from 8 to 7 in the Sagarin and 5 to 4 in the Anderson & Hester.  That's it.  In 4 computers they didn't pass anyone. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: November 04, 2012, 08:09:47 PM »
Alabama will fall in the computers after playing that fcs school and Auburn. Notre Damn has room to fall against Wake and BC. Baylor and TCU while not good are no BC Wake Auburn, or FCS school.

FCS schools are not factored, its like a bye

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: November 04, 2012, 08:10:44 PM »
FYI - The only changes in Oregon's computer rankings was they moved up from 8 to 7 in the Sagarin and 5 to 4 in the Anderson & Hester.  That's it.  In 4 computers they didn't pass anyone.

Yup.  Their big road win didn't do squat for them.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Post our glorious rankings in this thread
« Reply #1053 on: November 04, 2012, 08:10:54 PM »
Alabama will fall in the computers after playing that fcs school and Auburn. Notre Damn has room to fall against Wake and BC. Baylor and TCU while not good are no BC Wake Auburn, or FCS school.

Did not know that.
RIP Fatty

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: November 04, 2012, 08:11:03 PM »
Mack is going to let his bro Bill hang 70 on them the final game to impress the voters  :emawkid:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: November 04, 2012, 08:11:03 PM »
What is the updated average BCS ranking (or just computer ranking) of KSUs and Oregons remaining opponents?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: November 04, 2012, 08:12:44 PM »

so playing mo st. is more beneficial than playing ku?

interesting...
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: November 04, 2012, 08:14:09 PM »
You know who is to blame for all of this? The LSU kicker. If he makes that, and they actually get to kick it off to Alabama, it's just us an Oregon right now, praying the other one loses so that we get to play the crappiest undefeated team that has ever existed: Notre Dame.

les miles fault. qb sneak on 4th and a long 1.. would have iced the game had they got the 1st. and he called an effing sneak needing more than a full yard. complete idiot.

This is very :jeffy: but is it possible Miles threw the game? He probably thought Bama would kill his pud team. Then lo and behold his players wanted to win and he's staring a 4th qtr lead in the face. We already know Miles, Saban and their cronies conspired to vote down Oklahoma State last season. Miles knew that beating Bama could shut the SEC out of the MNC. So why not do some of the worst play calling in the history of college football to give Bama a shot?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: November 04, 2012, 08:14:29 PM »
I don't think Alabama should be so universally recognized as #1.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: November 04, 2012, 08:14:44 PM »

is it factored like a bye or some sort of weird less weight void?  Is it like doing an average where you divide by 12 where everyone gets a bye or divide by 11 since that 12th spot is an fcs team?  Not sure if that makes sense.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: November 04, 2012, 08:15:23 PM »

so playing mo st. is more beneficial than playing ku?

interesting...

I guess that's one way to look at it, another way is that you have less games therefore I would assume less weight.  13 games carries more weight than 11.  At least they should :dunno: all I know is that I've heard more than once on this show that FCS games don't count in the computer numbers

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: November 04, 2012, 08:15:56 PM »
You know who is to blame for all of this? The LSU kicker. If he makes that, and they actually get to kick it off to Alabama, it's just us an Oregon right now, praying the other one loses so that we get to play the crappiest undefeated team that has ever existed: Notre Dame.

les miles fault. qb sneak on 4th and a long 1.. would have iced the game had they got the 1st. and he called an effing sneak needing more than a full yard. complete idiot.

This is very :jeffy: but is it possible Miles threw the game? He probably thought Bama would kill his pud team. Then lo and behold his players wanted to win and he's staring a 4th qtr lead in the face. We already know Miles, Saban and their cronies conspired to vote down Oklahoma State last season. Miles knew that beating Bama could shut the SEC out of the MNC. So why not do some of the worst play calling in the history of college football to give Bama a shot?

stupid.  i'm assuming you've never watched a Les Miles coached game before. 

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: November 04, 2012, 08:17:16 PM »

is it factored like a bye or some sort of weird less weight void?  Is it like doing an average where you divide by 12 where everyone gets a bye or divide by 11 since that 12th spot is an fcs team?  Not sure if that makes sense.

But if you lost only the fcs game?  it wouldn't count other than in the human polls?
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline goldenticket

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: November 04, 2012, 08:17:44 PM »
say texas is able to win their next two and climb up the rankings. when we beat them would that be enough to hold off oregon?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: November 04, 2012, 08:17:54 PM »
What is the updated average BCS ranking (or just computer ranking) of KSUs and Oregons remaining opponents?

Oregon - 31.0
KSU - 34.3
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: November 04, 2012, 08:18:54 PM »

stupid.  i'm assuming you've never watched a Les Miles coached game before.

That's the thing, he knew he could get away with it because of his track record.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: November 04, 2012, 08:19:14 PM »

Oregon - 31.0
KSU - 34.3

did you factor in PAC 12 'ship game?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: November 04, 2012, 08:19:54 PM »

Oregon - 31.0
KSU - 34.3

:thumbs:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: November 04, 2012, 08:20:53 PM »
Anyone else think the "one is the loneliest number" is catchy?  I find myself singing it all week in anticipation of Sunday night.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: November 04, 2012, 08:20:56 PM »
say texas is able to win their next two and climb up the rankings. when we beat them would that be enough to hold off oregon?

The thing is, by doing so they give two more losses to teams we have beaten. Should only factor into human polls.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: November 04, 2012, 08:21:10 PM »
So basically a round robin conference schedule is devastating for a team in the BCS hunt. Our SOS was pretty much set after Non-Con play finished. The wins and losses will all be a wash, eventually coming out to 50-50 in conference play, no?

Mean while Alabama's opponents get to beat up on shitty teams.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: November 04, 2012, 08:22:24 PM »
The big 12 had a very good SOS going into conference play...so I don't think so

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: November 04, 2012, 08:22:58 PM »
Anyone else think the "one is the loneliest number" is catchy?  I find myself singing it all week in anticipation of Sunday night.

yes

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: November 04, 2012, 08:23:25 PM »
What's Rece Davis' deal?  He's been leading the Klein helmet sticker parade for two seasons.  Is he afraid EMAW is going to punk his Cremson Tide?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: November 04, 2012, 08:24:15 PM »

was going to post this earlier.  love the song.

always reminds me of magnolia, which i also love though.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite