Author Topic: TexAgs politics board gems thread  (Read 144634 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: TexAgs politics board gems thread
« Reply #1925 on: October 22, 2022, 05:58:56 AM »
Boycotting Target this Xmas
3,234 Views | 83 Replies
SouthLlano8:58p, 10/21/22
I usually do not post here, but I thought it important to draw attention to Target's apparent belief that young white males do not play with masculine toys.

I am a father of two young boys. We always look at Christmas catalogs when they arrive in the mail. As we flipped through the Target catalog, there is not one photo of an elementary aged or middle school aged white boy playing with traditional masculine toys.

The first picture of a possible white boy is on page 54 and the child is playing with a sewing machine. The child can honestly be viewed as a boy or a tomboy girl. The child is sewing something that is both blue and pink.

There are three clearly white males in the catalog. Two of them are toddlers and one has Downs Syndrome.

I think being inclusive is important, but inclusiveness does not mean excluding the majority of your customers. Hispanics are also under represented.

There are several pictures of young girls playing with masculine toys however.

Here's the breakdown of race and gender in the toy catalog:

Black Female: 22
Black Male: 7
White Female: 6
Asian Female: 5
Hispanic Male: 4
Hispanic Female: 3
Asian Male: 3
White Male: 3 (one has Downs Syndrome, the other two are toddlers)
Unclear Race Female: 3
Unclear Race Male: 4
Unclear Gender: 2 (both could be white males or females with red hair)

My plan is to make Target's catalog come true for them. I will not be shopping at Target this Christmas.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: October 22, 2022, 06:04:49 AM »
Amazing

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: October 22, 2022, 08:37:59 AM »
What an insane amount of weird work just to cry about being a victim.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
TexAgs politics board gems thread
« Reply #1928 on: October 22, 2022, 08:39:46 AM »
It’s incredible how many of the “pulled myself up by my bootstrap”ers are absolutely terrified of feeling like a minority.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: October 22, 2022, 08:46:03 AM »
What would dax said, trying too hard? Dax this is trying to hard, finding memes that take 5 seconds is not, TIA
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: October 22, 2022, 08:47:24 AM »
It’s incredible how many of the “pulled myself up by my bootstrap”ers are absolutely terrified of feeling like a minority.

Can imagine his family when that old dipshit sat down to tally up the ethnicities in the TARGET CATALOG?

"honey, put on a pot of coffee.  Boys, get your dad his reading glasses.  I am a victim and I need the receipts"

entire family rolls their eyes as his wife quietly sobs.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: October 22, 2022, 11:19:07 AM »
This made me laugh until I cried. Thanks for the morning boost, star seed. What were the replies like?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: October 22, 2022, 12:45:42 PM »
That is psychopathic.

Also Target has a catalog? I've been in target circle for years, have kids, and have purchased toys and all kinds of kids crap there. Where is my target catalog? Is all of that completely made up?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: October 22, 2022, 02:12:04 PM »
No retailer is sending out rough ridin' catalogs, that was fan fiction.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: October 22, 2022, 02:44:41 PM »
No retailer is sending out rough ridin' catalogs, that was fan fiction.

That is a lot of effort even for fan fic
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: October 23, 2022, 08:03:40 AM »
We get a Target toy catalog every year.

When it comes I’ll fact check it. (Even if his count is right, that guy is still a psychopath).
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: October 23, 2022, 10:47:09 AM »
being a victim all day takes some creativity.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: October 23, 2022, 11:06:27 AM »
It is a real insight in to what identity, representation and standpoint theory really amounts to if everyone takes it seriously. That guy is just sharing his loved experience as a victimized white male and who can argue with him? He is the expert!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: October 23, 2022, 12:32:19 PM »
Target will surely miss this big spender as he thumbs through the mail picking out masculine toys for his dipshit impotent kids

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: October 23, 2022, 12:53:25 PM »
Doesn’t look like it’s online yet, but here’s “passionate penny pincher’s” blog about it with some pics to be analyzed for demographics.

https://passionatepennypincher.com/target-toy-book/

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: October 23, 2022, 01:35:28 PM »
well now I want one to see those black females playing with Rainbow High dolls.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: October 23, 2022, 01:46:42 PM »
Imagine the rage when The Sharper Image hits his PO box

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: October 23, 2022, 03:01:45 PM »
It may be a surprise, but this guy is also the most fervent poster of daxish Russian propaganda.

I have been diagnosed with clinical homophobia
93 Views | 1 Replies
Silian Rail2:54p
There are many people like me, whose dislike of homosexual behaviors, attitudes and accessories causes a violent emotional and physiological reaction. Anyone who has a problem with this is likely an ableist homophobephobe bigot.

We are disabled, but we are defined not our disability. We demand to have our rights respected and that all depictions and manifestations of homosexuality be immediately pulled from view. There is no room for homophobephobes in this society. Educate yourself and commit to doing better.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: October 24, 2022, 03:59:25 PM »
That is psychopathic.

Also Target has a catalog? I've been in target circle for years, have kids, and have purchased toys and all kinds of kids crap there. Where is my target catalog? Is all of that completely made up?

It is likely not, Target ads have become incredibly woke in recent times.  To the point of being kind of eye-roll-y, maybe it's just a bit of overcompensating, but whatever.  I still shop there basically exclusively.  Love Target!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: October 24, 2022, 04:03:06 PM »
It may be a surprise, but this guy is also the most fervent poster of daxish Russian propaganda.

I have been diagnosed with clinical homophobia
93 Views | 1 Replies
Silian Rail2:54p
There are many people like me, whose dislike of homosexual behaviors, attitudes and accessories causes a violent emotional and physiological reaction. Anyone who has a problem with this is likely an ableist homophobephobe bigot.

We are disabled, but we are defined not our disability. We demand to have our rights respected and that all depictions and manifestations of homosexuality be immediately pulled from view. There is no room for homophobephobes in this society. Educate yourself and commit to doing better.

That guy is 100% gay. Really feel sorry for his wife.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
TexAgs politics board gems thread
« Reply #1945 on: October 24, 2022, 04:43:11 PM »
That is psychopathic.

It is likely not, Target ads have become incredibly woke in recent times.  To the point of being kind of eye-roll-y, maybe it's just a bit of overcompensating, but whatever.  I still shop there basically exclusively.  Love Target!
But what even is a “woke ad”? Especially for the “don’t see color” crowd, I don’t get how having a black girl playing with a toy is woke.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: October 24, 2022, 05:29:48 PM »
That is psychopathic.

But what even is a “woke ad”? Especially for the “don’t see color” crowd, I don’t get how having a black girl playing with a toy is woke.

Yeah, sorry, I may not have used the correct term; I just wanted to use simple buzzwords to keep things light.  But to elaborate...

Target is definitely on the forefront of body positive imaging and bucking the heteronormative trend in their advertisements though.  It's probably overall healthier for consumers to see models that look more like themselves so that's a big hooray...

...however, one of the biggest things that advertisers use to sell their crap is impossibly beautiful people doing the coolest things ever to inspire the rest of us slugs to buy their crap.  We see that their product is being used by these beautiful people and we decide unconditionally that all we need to do is buy those things and we can be just as happy/healthy/good looking as the people in the ads. 

Advertising is at its root designed to make us feel like crap about our lives (or to create a problem that we don't otherwise know we have) just so they can sell their crap to us.  I mean, look at the ad for the new Apple Watch Ultra:

I'll be damned if I see that and don't think that I immediately need an $800 watch like right now.  Because if I had that watch I would be climbing Everest and whatnot first thing.

But Target doesn't really do that.  It's both to the company's credit and I would imagine it hurts their bottom line at least a little all at the same time.  So it's a wash for me.  But then again I both hate and try as hard as I can to avoid/ignore advertising at all times.

So getting back to the TexAgs slug...I'm sure he's just another brain dead slob that is so conditioned to seeing ads that openly mock him for being who he is and also provide a little bit of titillation to give himself a little bit of hope that there might be a path to being fulfilled some day, that when he sees an ad promoting the mundane he is deeply and emotionally offended.  I don't really blame him, he's simply a victim of a lifetime of conditioning to expect things to be a certain way and when that worldview is challenged he is shook.  That's all.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: October 24, 2022, 07:31:27 PM »
Well, the Texags bad person was complaining about the kids in the toy catalog being the wrong race. I doubt making the kids more attractive would have satisfied him.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: October 24, 2022, 07:38:26 PM »
Don’t forget the kid with Down syndrome. He was also complaining about that.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: October 24, 2022, 07:38:45 PM »
Nice analogy.  I get tired of the same old crap, but I can see how the PC crap kids have been brainwashed to believe is upsetting to older generations just as the perfect people who have great lives are presented in ads to sell crap.  Basically, it goes too far both ways.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.