Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 234681 times)

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #825 on: August 18, 2014, 08:16:39 AM »
What is the endgame here? Does it stop when the Officer is charged? What if he isn't charged? Or what if he found not guilty?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 18, 2014, 08:21:29 AM »
What is the endgame here? Does it stop when the Officer is charged? What if he isn't charged? Or what if he found not guilty?

I'm sure a lot of the unrest currently is based on the expectations of how it will play out.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 18, 2014, 08:52:43 AM »

I'm sure a lot of the unrest currently is based on the expectations of how it will play out.

I don't think you're saying or implying that the cop should be charged based on whether or not it will appease the mob.

Thus, because you're clearly not saying that, which would be crazy, I'll seperately note in a completely unrelated comment that the cop should be charged based on whether there is a liklihood of conviction, not whether it will appease the mob. I am skeptical that will be a strong factor in the decisionmaking process. I have no doubt he will be charged. I have growing doubt, though I'm still on the fence, that he should be.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:09:27 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 18, 2014, 08:57:33 AM »
How will jury selection go down?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 18, 2014, 08:58:01 AM »

I don't think you're saying or implying this, but the cop should not be charged based on whether or not it will appease the mob - he should be charged based on whether there is a liklihood of conviction. I am skeptical that will be a strong factor in the decisionmaking process. I have no doubt he will be charged. I have growing doubt, though I'm still on the fence, that he should be.

You were right at the outset, and could still edit your post so that yours doesn't have any relation to mine.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 18, 2014, 08:58:58 AM »
If none of the bullet wounds are in the back, then basically none of the witness testimony that has come forth thus far has been credible. I would lean toward not charging the cop.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 18, 2014, 09:02:32 AM »
K-S-U is party rocking his ass off

He was born for this thread.

Not sure why I keep getting singled out, but thanks? :dunno:

I think I've been pretty reasonable here. I didn't buy the bullshit "the cop started it" story - I was right. I didn't jump on the "the cop is clearly guilty" train, and it's looking more and more like I was right to not do that either.

Michael Brown is looking worse and worse, and it's lending credence to the cop's apparent story. Brown's actions don't make sense unless he was heavily intoxicated with something. He steals a box of cigars in broad daylight, and then instead if making a quick getaway, he decides to just take a stroll down the middle of the street. And then when a cop tells him to get on the sidewalk, after he's just committed a robbery, he says "nah, I'm almost to where I'm going." And the he decides to attack said cop. Is it that much of a jump from there to believing, as the one witness appears to say, that he first ran and then turned to charge the cop? It's simply bizarre behavior.

If the forensics show he was mostly shot in the back, that's another matter.

How many bullets to the back are you thinking?  Because 1 is too many.

The linked preliminary report did not find a single shot to the back, further supporting the cop's story - and refuting the "he was shot in the back" narrative.

It's starting to look like most of the narrative was wrong, and I guess that should have been expected. Meanwhile the riots and looting continue.

Where is the cop's story you refer to?  Link?

Sorry, that's why I used the word "purported" in at least one of my prior posts. I don't think we've seen the officer's actual statement yet. So far, I've only heard the officer's story second hand from the purported "friend" - so it take that for what it's worth (not very much).
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #832 on: August 18, 2014, 09:07:23 AM »
so... the witness is a liar?

Eye witnesses are always the worst witnesses. Forensics will carry the day.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 18, 2014, 09:09:02 AM »

I don't think you're saying or implying this, but the cop should not be charged based on whether or not it will appease the mob - he should be charged based on whether there is a liklihood of conviction. I am skeptical that will be a strong factor in the decisionmaking process. I have no doubt he will be charged. I have growing doubt, though I'm still on the fence, that he should be.

You were right at the outset, and could still edit your post so that yours doesn't have any relation to mine.

Edited. Hope I made that clearer now.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 18, 2014, 09:21:06 AM »
so what can be done to calm this situation now? The cops call off the curfew and just sit off to the side and watch?

If there are truly FBI agents there investigating the shooting, maybe set up a 1-stop spot where Ferguson'rs who claim to have info on the shooting can show up and tell their tale to someone who appears to care about that aspect of all this.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 18, 2014, 09:46:22 AM »
You know guys, he may have been running away backwards.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 18, 2014, 09:51:13 AM »
You know guys, he may have been running away backwards.
Forensics says no.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 18, 2014, 10:20:26 AM »
Not satisfied with the Ferguson/St. Louis cops coming off horribly every time they speak, Benjamin Crump and crew set out to one-up them.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 18, 2014, 10:27:20 AM »
Not satisfied with the Ferguson/St. Louis cops coming off horribly every time they speak, Benjamin Crump and crew set out to one-up them.

Why do you say this? What did they say?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 18, 2014, 10:34:11 AM »

Why do you say this? What did they say?

The autopsy dudes have been better, but the attorneys are basically pointing at the picture of a torso with all the holes in the front and saying it plainly proves he got shot from behind.

Also:

Offline husserl

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: August 18, 2014, 10:35:28 AM »
Always seemed crazy to me that a guy could get shot in the back and have the presence of mind to turn around with his hands up and beg for mercy. Isn't it totes possible that the cop just missed two shots at a moving target but was pretty dece at unloading into a stationary one?  :dunno:
Can someone photoshop the autopsy diagram with hands slightly above head?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 18, 2014, 11:21:08 AM »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 18, 2014, 11:39:27 AM »

Benjamin Crump is just another opportunist.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 18, 2014, 11:49:20 AM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 18, 2014, 11:49:51 AM »
Darren Wilson might have the best PR strategy of everyone involved so far.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 18, 2014, 12:02:49 PM »

!!!

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up