Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 321470 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #1425 on: December 18, 2013, 09:55:34 PM »
Pajama guy

:lol:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: December 18, 2013, 10:15:28 PM »
Also funny how you can just look at people like this and make a pretty safe assumption: definitely a gay hating, racist neocon.

Yes, now you're getting it, except for the "neocon" part. I do not think that word means what you think it means.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1427 on: December 18, 2013, 10:24:05 PM »
Seven is awfully butthurt about b.o.'s new marketing scheme and everyone making fun of a grown man wearing a pajama outfit chitchatting about how pissed he is about the new healthcare law.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: December 18, 2013, 10:28:31 PM »
I'm 83% sure uncle Si is gay.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: December 19, 2013, 08:28:35 AM »
sounds like they've gotten a lot of the technical issues figured out.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: December 19, 2013, 08:31:39 AM »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: December 19, 2013, 08:44:28 AM »
So a woman has short hair and all of a sudden she is "post-op?"
:adios:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: December 19, 2013, 09:31:20 AM »
I kinda dig some girls with short hair.  It shows the willingness to take risk, which I find attractive. 

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: December 19, 2013, 02:54:30 PM »

Also funny how you can just look at people like this and make a pretty safe assumption: definitely a gay hating, racist neocon.

So, you are saying these dudes are Jewish. :sdeek:

Damn!  That is some krazy kosher.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: December 19, 2013, 07:47:19 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: December 19, 2013, 07:48:28 PM »

So, you are saying these dudes are Jewish. :sdeek:

Damn!  That is some krazy kosher.

He uses that word a lot. He doesn't know what it means.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: December 20, 2013, 08:21:48 AM »
Good news everyone! Our Dear Leader has just decreed that if your health insurance has been cancelled due to Obamacare, this qualifies you for a "hardship exemption" from Obamacare! Obama Lifts Health Mandate for Those With Canceled Plans

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, also :pbj: Republic.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: December 20, 2013, 08:57:22 AM »
I don't think this law works without everyone paying something. I think a government bailout of insurance companies is next on the agenda. Good law.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: December 20, 2013, 09:02:37 AM »
Eztard Klein sees the writing on the wall. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/12/19/the-obama-administration-just-delayed-the-individual-mandate-for-people-whose-plans-have-been-canceled/

6. But this puts the administration on some very difficult-to-defend ground. Normally, the individual mandate applies to anyone who can purchase qualifying insurance for less than 8 percent of their income. Either that threshold is right or it's wrong. But it's hard to argue that it's right for the currently uninsured but wrong for people whose plans were canceled.

7. Put more simply, Republicans will immediately begin calling for the uninsured to get this same exemption. What will the Obama administration say in response? Why are people who plans were canceled more deserving of help than people who couldn't afford a plan in the first place?

8. The same goes for the cheap catastrophic plans sold to customers under age 30 in the exchanges. A 45-year-old whose plan just got canceled can now purchase catastrophic coverage. A 45-year-old who didn't have insurance at all can't. Why don't people who couldn't afford a plan in the first place deserve the same kind of help as people whose plans were canceled?

9. The insurers aren't happy. "This latest rule change could cause significant instability in the marketplace and lead to further confusion and disruption for consumers," says Karen Ignani, head of the trade group America's Health Insurance Plans. They worry the White House is underestimating the number of people whose plans have been canceled and who will opt to either remain uninsured or buy catastrophic insurance rather than more comprehensive coverage.

10. This puts the first crack in the individual mandate. The question is whether it's the last. If Democratic members of Congress see this as solving their political problem with people whose plans have been canceled, it could help them stand against Republican efforts to delay the individual mandate. But if congressional Democrats use this ruling as an excuse to delay or otherwise de-fang the individual mandate for anyone who doesn't want to pay for insurance under Obamacare, then it'll be a very big problem for the law.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: December 23, 2013, 10:55:36 AM »
Our Dear Leader plans to sign up for Obamacare. That's a relief!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/23/report-obama-to-enroll-in-obamacare-monday

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: December 23, 2013, 11:01:06 AM »
No surprise here, of the uninsured that are purchasing insurance, most are opting for the the cheapest policies - the ones that have astronomical deductibles. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/23/Health-plan-sticker-shock-ahead-for-some-buyers

Just to recap, these are the same types of high deductible policies that Dems were decrying as "cut rate" only a few weeks ago. The only difference is that the new policies are more expensive on the exchanges (though they'll be subsidized by tax dollars), and they'll offer "coverage" (again, pretty worthless considering the high deductible) for things most people don't need, like abortions, mental health, etc.

Obamacare was a really super terrific idea, guys! :Woohoo:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: December 23, 2013, 11:05:46 AM »
Most Americans won't ever use their coverage for cancer, either.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: December 23, 2013, 11:48:11 AM »
What are the max liabilities on the super high deductible cheapo plans?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: December 23, 2013, 11:54:03 AM »
No surprise here, of the uninsured that are purchasing insurance, most are opting for the the cheapest policies - the ones that have astronomical deductibles. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/23/Health-plan-sticker-shock-ahead-for-some-buyers

Just to recap, these are the same types of high deductible policies that Dems were decrying as "cut rate" only a few weeks ago. The only difference is that the new policies are more expensive on the exchanges (though they'll be subsidized by tax dollars), and they'll offer "coverage" (again, pretty worthless considering the high deductible) for things most people don't need, like abortions, mental health, etc.

These are not the same as the "cut rate" policies.  If they were the same as the cut rate, they would still be around and people wouldn't be able to bitch about losing their policies.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: December 23, 2013, 12:42:49 PM »

These are not the same as the "cut rate" policies.  If they were the same as the cut rate, they would still be around and people wouldn't be able to bitch about losing their policies.

You're right, they aren't the same. They cost more and cover things most people wouldn't choose to have covered by insurance, like contraceptives, mental health, etc.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: December 23, 2013, 03:31:02 PM »
This one's for all the PajamaBoys who won't make it home until tomorrow to have "the talk" with their parents. It's not too late!

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/366985/administration-extends-deadline-obamacare-sign-through-christmas-eve-eliana-johnson

The clock to sign up for Obamacare coverage that begins January 1 was supposed to run out at midnight on Monday, but administration officials have extended it 24 hours, through Christmas eve, according to the Washington Post. The Post reports that they did so without any public announcement of the change:

Over the weekend, government officials and outside IT contractors working on the online marketplace’s computer system made a software change that automatically gives people a Jan. 1 start date for their new coverage as long as they enroll by 11:59 p.m. on Christmas Eve.

Sources told the Post that the 24-hour extension has been built into the online system and is intended as a precaution in the event that the the problem-plagued website sees a surge of traffic from individuals looking to sign up at the last minute, and buckles under the weight.

The extension, said the sources, cannot be overridden by insurance companies if they object to it. It is the latest of several last-minute, ad hoc rule changes issued by the administration, including last week’s announcement that individuals whose insurance plans were canceled may receive an exemption from the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate.

That's our Obamacare! Over 3 years to implement it and we're still just makin' this crap up as we go along, by executive fiat! :pbj:

Hurry up everyone, sign up for your new Obama-approved cut rate super high deductible policies!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: December 23, 2013, 03:45:15 PM »
Man, this Obamacare thing really pisses K-S-U-Wildcats! right off.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: December 23, 2013, 03:47:38 PM »
Man, this Obamacare thing really pisses K-S-U-Wildcats! right off.

Just doing laps inside his dome.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: December 23, 2013, 03:50:03 PM »
I mean, I'm not even sure why he's pissed anymore. First I heard arguments about how this is going to ruin the availability of doctors because they will just quit and more people will be insured. Now I'm hearing about how less people are going to be insured and doctors are still going to work, but they aren't going to accept the Obamacare patients, and he's still pissed. There's just no pleasing him.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 03:53:05 PM by Nuts Kicked »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: December 23, 2013, 03:51:25 PM »
I mean, I'm not even sure why he's pissed anymore. First I heard arguments about how this is going to ruin the availability of doctors because they will just quit and more people will be ensured. Now I'm hearing about how less people are going to be insured and doctors are still going to work, but they aren't going to accept the Obamacare patients, and he's still pissed. There's just no pleasing him.

Breitbart hasn't told him everything is going to be ok yet