Date: 15/06/24 - 18:44 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: Frank's extension  (Read 25708 times)

January 20, 2010, 05:47:25 PM
Reply #300

friend

• Cub

• Personal Text
    dollar menunaire
My favorite posters in this thread are the people saying.

"Meh, let's just wait and see.  Curry's got our back.  He's our boy.  Bruce Pearl.  No one knows what's going on, so let's just let this play out before melting down...."

Hey d-bags!  What we say/do fracking matters!  It is no coincidence that Frank references Octagon of Doom, that the University is shelling out Fear the Beard shirts and that Curry was out there doing damage control today.  The entire premise of D1 football/basketball programs is to make fracking money by charging fans fracking money.  Its ok you pussies, you get to have a fracking opinion and if I were you I'd take a good long fracking look at Old Balls, take a good long look at Frank and ask who the frack you want in your foxhole.

I don't know if you are unaware, but coaches also sometimes put these stories out there as a way to move the process forward.  You know what kind of coaches do this?  Coaches with fracking leverage.  Frank doesn't have a b-ball practice facility and Frank doesn't have a contract that matches his dick.  Let's get Frank a contract that matches his dick.  Because if he doesn't, then we can get us some Dana Altman dick or some Tim Jank dick, we may even get to hold and lick some Anthony Grant or Dalonte dick, but we are NOT getting Frank's dick to stick around.  You have got to keep Frank's dick fracking happy.

Also, take it from a guy who caught a rising star, lock the crap in early.  When you aren't a 1%'r you don't stand there 'til 35 waiting for a proven winner, you take the young horse with speed that is putting things together.         
:jerkoff: < frank's dick
fist pumps like a champ

January 20, 2010, 05:48:38 PM
Reply #301

D-FRED-BROWN

• Cub

My sources are telling me Frank Martin to UConn at the end of the season. 

:users:

My sources are telling me that you have no sources.  And if you do, they're frustrated Kansas fans cleaning the EMAW paint off of the Jayhawk billboard on the Interstate.

:users:

January 20, 2010, 05:50:23 PM
Reply #302

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
    You can't be racist and like basketball.
One last thought:  I don't think any extension negotiation will have any bearing on whether or not he leaves.  If there's a job somewhere he thinks he has a better chance of being successful, he's gone.  That's why Huggins left - he knew it was easier to recruit WVU and they had a lot of experienced talent in place - it had nothing to do with Weiser.  This is what Huggs should have done after he beat Durant - then Weiser becomes the villain instead of Huggs.  Now, Frank is a good guy when he leaves, and we will hate Currie, thanks to Keitz.

January 20, 2010, 05:52:29 PM
Reply #303

WillieWannabe

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    I may be full of sh*t, but i won't be de-turd.
Frank doesn't have a b-ball practice facility and Frank doesn't have a contract that matches his dick.  Let's get Frank a contract that matches his dick.     

Thank you for this. It made my day.
I walk out of that tunnel in this building and the passion of our fans, just gets me going. I mean just gives me an adrenaline rush that you guys just don't understand. - Frank Martin

January 20, 2010, 06:03:08 PM
Reply #304

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick
One last thought:  I don't think any extension negotiation will have any bearing on whether or not he leaves.  If there's a job somewhere he thinks he has a better chance of being successful, he's gone.  That's why Huggins left - he knew it was easier to recruit WVU and they had a lot of experienced talent in place - it had nothing to do with Weiser.  This is what Huggs should have done after he beat Durant - then Weiser becomes the villain instead of Huggs.  Now, Frank is a good guy when he leaves, and we will hate Currie, thanks to Keitz.

maybe i am in the minority, but if currie gives martin a fair increase (w/ a basketball facility super promise) and then in two years when gary williams gets canned and martin leaves to go there i won't be mad at currie and i'll hate frank.  i'll probablt hate any coach that leaves ksu after having success, except snyder.

January 20, 2010, 06:08:18 PM
Reply #305

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
maybe i am in the minority, but if currie gives martin a fair increase (w/ a basketball facility super promise) and then in two years when gary williams gets canned and martin leaves to go there i won't be mad at currie and i'll hate frank.  i'll probablt hate any coach that leaves ksu after having success, except snyder.

You are not in the minority - everyone will hate him in that situation, regardless.  Look at ku fans post-Roy.  They won a National Title and are still obsessed.

January 20, 2010, 06:12:37 PM
Reply #306

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick

You are not in the minority - everyone will hate him in that situation, regardless.  Look at ku fans post-Roy.  They won a National Title and are still obsessed.

and by hate i mean completely jealous that he is not our coach(wherever he ends up) and that we don't have sick facilities and tons of money and awesome tradition and aren't within 30 miles of elite talent year after year.  bitter is prolly a better word.

January 20, 2010, 06:21:30 PM
Reply #307

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
and by hate i mean completely jealous that he is not our coach(wherever he ends up) and that we don't have sick facilities and tons of money and awesome tradition and aren't within 30 miles of elite talent year after year.  bitter is prolly a better word.

That's what it's really all about when someone leaves.  The jilted school feels better about themselves by blaming the jilter(?) rather than recognizing the fact that they offer an inferior situation.

January 20, 2010, 06:24:41 PM
Reply #308

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb

i agree, to a point.  if he gets a great offer, he's gone, and there's nothing kstate can do about it.  but he'll also leave to a worse job or an equal job for way more money.  that is the event kstate has to prevent.

it is painfully obvious that most of you (those not agreeing with me) just don't follow college bball, and have no &@#%ing idea what the market for coaches is.  whitlock, for example, is about on target with his 1.7 number.  martin will absolutely get an offer in that range or higher if this season tracks as it has to date (round of 16 or 8).  that's the market.  he may not (probably won't) leave if the offer isn't a place where he feels he could sustain success, given that kstate should be at least as good next year as this.  but he'll get bigger offers next year, and more of them.  he's eventually gone.

look at people hired at high resource high majors last year, or those that had such offers and renegotiated and stayed.  people with lesser and equal resumes got 1.5-2.0 pretty much across the board.

that doesn't mean kstate has to pay 1.7 to keep him.  mu kept anderson for about 500k less than he was offered elsewhere.  but anything under a million is a &@#%ing joke.  and it was a &@#%ing joke before the season started too.

at the end of this season, the joke is going to start at 1.2 or 1.3.  if not higher.  

as daris is pointing out in every fifth post, to no avail:  if martin wasn't insulted by his treatment to date, why did he have every media friend he has leak this?  from every indication that we have available, kstate's ad has handled this about as poorly as can possibly be imagined.

which, honestly is not all that important, at least to me.  whether kstate wants to &@#% around like amateurs and first underpay, and then overpay their caoch or wants to show some brains and balls sign him long-term to an appropriate contract as soon as they knew he was their guy ultimately doesn't impact me, or most other fans.  as long as, a) they ultimately retain him, and b) i don't have to listen to you ignorant retards blather on about how kstate's ad hasn't acted like just as ignorant retards.
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

January 20, 2010, 06:39:59 PM
Reply #309

Belvis Noland

• Cub

My sources are telling me Frank Martin to UConn at the end of the season. 

I've heard this as well.  I'm also hearing ku, as an assistant. 

January 20, 2010, 06:47:24 PM
Reply #310

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
i agree, to a point.  if he gets a great offer, he's gone, and there's nothing kstate can do about it.  but he'll also leave to a worse job or an equal job for way more money.  that is the event kstate has to prevent.

He won't leave for a worse job.

it is painfully obvious that most of you (those not agreeing with me) just don't follow college bball, and have no fracking idea what the market for coaches is.  whitlock, for example, is about on target with his 1.7 number.  martin will absolutely get an offer in that range or higher if this season tracks as it has to date (round of 16 or 8).  that's the market.  he may not (probably won't) leave if the offer isn't a place where he feels he could sustain success, given that kstate should be at least as good next year as this.  but he'll get bigger offers next year, and more of them.  he's eventually gone.

Yeah, assuming he gets to the sweet 16 or Elite 8, $1.7 is low, if anything.

look at people hired at high resource high majors last year, or those that had such offers and renegotiated and stayed.  people with lesser and equal resumes got 1.5-2.0 pretty much across the board.

Who?  I guess you could throw out Anthony Grant, but it could be argued he had a better resume.  Travis Ford got overpaid.  Sean Miller got $2.0, but at a much better job and was far more proven.  Mark Fox (better resume, despite me hating him) got $1.3 million.   Capel got 1.03 million after his season that equalled Martin's best.  I think you're totally overvaluing Martin's performance after two seasons relative to what he actually accomplished on his own.

at the end of this season, the joke is going to start at 1.2 or 1.3.  if not higher.  

Agree 100%.

as daris is pointing out in every fifth post, to no avail:  if martin wasn't insulted by his treatment to date, why did he have every media friend he has leak this?  from every indication that we have available, kstate's ad has handled this about as poorly as can possibly be imagined.

If he was truly insulted, why didn't he leak it when the offer was extended?  Oh yeah, because he wasn't really insulted and no one (but sys) would have given a sh*t.  He leaked it at the absolute peak of his popularity, because that's when it's the most effective for what he wants.

which, honestly is not all that important, at least to me.  whether kstate wants to frack around like amateurs and first underpay, and then overpay their caoch or wants to show some brains and balls sign him long-term to an appropriate contract as soon as they knew he was their guy ultimately doesn't impact me, or most other fans.  as long as, a) they ultimately retain him, and b) i don't have to listen to you ignorant retards blather on about how kstate's ad hasn't acted like just as ignorant retards.

If you can't see why an AD wasn't 100% completely sold on Frank before this season, you're being an ignorant retard.

January 20, 2010, 07:01:39 PM
Reply #311

Kat Kid

• Administrator
  • Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    warm up the EMAW

He won't leave for a worse job.

it is painfully obvious that most of you (those not agreeing with me) just don't follow college bball, and have no fracking idea what the market for coaches is.  whitlock, for example, is about on target with his 1.7 number.  martin will absolutely get an offer in that range or higher if this season tracks as it has to date (round of 16 or 8).  that's the market.  he may not (probably won't) leave if the offer isn't a place where he feels he could sustain success, given that kstate should be at least as good next year as this.  but he'll get bigger offers next year, and more of them.  he's eventually gone.

Yeah, assuming he gets to the sweet 16 or Elite 8, $1.7 is low, if anything.

Who?  I guess you could throw out Anthony Grant, but it could be argued he had a better resume.  Travis Ford got overpaid.  Sean Miller got $2.0, but at a much better job and was far more proven.  Mark Fox (better resume, despite me hating him) got $1.3 million.   Capel got 1.03 million after his season that equalled Martin's best.  I think you're totally overvaluing Martin's performance after two seasons relative to what he actually accomplished on his own.

Agree 100%.

If he was truly insulted, why didn't he leak it when the offer was extended?  Oh yeah, because he wasn't really insulted and no one (but sys) would have given a sh*t.  He leaked it at the absolute peak of his popularity, because that's when it's the most effective for what he wants.

which, honestly is not all that important, at least to me.  whether kstate wants to frack around like amateurs and first underpay, and then overpay their caoch or wants to show some brains and balls sign him long-term to an appropriate contract as soon as they knew he was their guy ultimately doesn't impact me, or most other fans.  as long as, a) they ultimately retain him, and b) i don't have to listen to you ignorant retards blather on about how kstate's ad hasn't acted like just as ignorant retards.

If you can't see why an AD wasn't 100% completely sold on Frank before this season, you're being an ignorant retard.

This is hubris.  The whole point of this is replacement cost.  So Curry wants to save money, what in the &@#% makes you think you are going to get Frank for even 1.5x what you are paying him and 420k?  Have you not borne witness to the cluster&@#% that is a Kansas State University nationwide search for anything?  I like Shulz ok, I guess, but the process that lead to him wasn't exactly awe inspiring.
ksufanscopycat my friends.

January 20, 2010, 07:07:53 PM
Reply #312

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
This is hubris.  The whole point of this is replacement cost.  So Curry wants to save money, what in the frack makes you think you are going to get Frank for even 1.5x what you are paying him and 420k?  Have you not borne witness to the clusterfrank that is a Kansas State University nationwide search for anything?  I like Shulz ok, I guess, but the process that lead to him wasn't exactly awe inspiring.

Can you retype this or something?  I honestly have no f*cking clue what you're talking about.

January 20, 2010, 07:12:27 PM
Reply #313

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick

i don't think the fans (myself included) were completely sold on frank.  this was the season that was going to make or break being "sold" on him.  even so, if the offer was made in august or september, that increase would still put him in the bottom 4, so I could see where frank would take offense to that.  especially in light of giving brad hill, deb patterson, and bill snyder a raise.  brad's done less than frank and is a not-for-profit sport (same with deb) and bill, gmafb.  we clearly have raises budget for, obviously not for martin (or not enough).

January 20, 2010, 07:13:44 PM
Reply #314

ksu_FAN

• Second String Wildcat

Honestly, I think 500K or so would do it.  Frank seems to talk more and worry about his staff more than other coaches.  If what Kietz said is remotely true it points to that as well.  Frank was probably telling Currie that his assistants needed to be paid, so Currie offered 100K and divided it up.  I'd say if you up that to 500K, 350K or so for Frank, then the rest divided up to the assistants, namely Undy and Figs, he'd stay and not even listen to bigger offers.  Just get him to $1Mil or a little more and take care of his assistants, and I think Frank's loyalty deal kicks in real nice.

January 20, 2010, 07:14:22 PM
Reply #315

BarryMcCockner

• Cub

Consider the AD's position here, and you should feel confident the deal will get done at a price that will keep Frank around for the forseeable future.  I mean, if Frank leaves without having a competitive offer on the table, Currie is done.  Career suicide.  The big $$$ will revolt, he won't get the necessary funds for either the proposed facility or a reputable coach, and he'll be sent packing.  The dude has no choice but to make this happen or go teach business at a community college somewhere.  That, coupled with the fact that the support is there from both big $$$ and season ticket holders that will gladly re-up for a little more cash to keep the coach around, will make it happen.

If you buy Frank's loyalty to the fanbase and the university, it's tough to reconcile that he would go elsewhere for anything but an offer that is way out of scale, provided he is treated fairly, (see above).  If you don't buy it, then he's gone at the end of this season regardless of what happens, and we shouldn't even be having this conversation.  

January 20, 2010, 07:14:56 PM
Reply #316

cas

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Sniff Sniff. . . I smell Heisman.
frank has literally all of the leverage here.

just pay the man.

because i want to be good in something when i'm in college and i'm not holding my breath for football being worth a damn.

so. adjc. don't piss me off.
csourk is the best pre-college poster on this board.  way better than oxlp956

January 20, 2010, 07:25:15 PM
Reply #317

Kat Kid

• Administrator
  • Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    warm up the EMAW
This is hubris.  The whole point of this is replacement cost.  So Curry wants to save money, what in the frack makes you think you are going to get Frank for even 1.5x what you are paying him and 420k?  Have you not borne witness to the clusterfrank that is a Kansas State University nationwide search for anything?  I like Shulz ok, I guess, but the process that lead to him wasn't exactly awe inspiring.

Can you retype this or something?  I honestly have no f*cking clue what you're talking about.

DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT KANSAS STATE GETS TO PAY "FAIR MARKET VALUE" FOR EVEN UPPER SLTH'S LIKE FRANK?

ASSUMING THE RECRUITS WERE HALF WAY LEGIT AND THAT FRANK WAS GOING TO MATCH (NOT EXCEED) HIS RESULTS ON RECORD, WHO THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO REPLACE HIM WITH THAT MATCHES THAT FOR THE SAME OR LESS THAT IS BEING TALKED ABOUT AS "KEEP FRANK" MONEY?
ksufanscopycat my friends.

January 20, 2010, 07:27:35 PM
Reply #318

Panjandrum

• Cub

• Bring on the Cats - An SB Nation Blog
Honestly, I think 500K or so would do it.  Frank seems to talk more and worry about his staff more than other coaches.  If what Kietz said is remotely true it points to that as well.  Frank was probably telling Currie that his assistants needed to be paid, so Currie offered 100K and divided it up.  I'd say if you up that to 500K, 350K or so for Frank, then the rest divided up to the assistants, namely Undy and Figs, he'd stay and not even listen to bigger offers.  Just get him to $1Mil or a little more and take care of his assistants, and I think Frank's loyalty deal kicks in real nice.

Personally, I think if Frank is as loyal as a lot of people assume he is (and I have no reason to doubt otherwise), I'd agree with you.

The magic number starts with seven figures.  If an initial offer was made below that, it was a pretty stupid offer.

In today's market, if you don't have a coach that you think is worth one million annually (at a bare minimum), you don't have a coach worth extending.
Bring on the Cats - An SB Nation Blog

http://www.bringonthecats.com

January 20, 2010, 07:35:39 PM
Reply #319

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text

i don't think the fans (myself included) were completely sold on frank.  this was the season that was going to make or break being "sold" on him.  even so, if the offer was made in august or september, that increase would still put him in the bottom 4, so I could see where frank would take offense to that.  especially in light of giving brad hill, deb patterson, and bill snyder a raise.  brad's done less than frank and is a not-for-profit sport (same with deb) and bill, gmafb.  we clearly have raises budget for, obviously not for martin (or not enough).

First of all, who give a f*ck about Deb and baseballs contracts?  They are small potatoes.  I didn't know either one got an extension, and don't even know the baseball coach's name.

And I think the Snyder makes less than he made 8 years ago (don't know if he got a raise over his Krause contract).  But jesus, he makes less than freaking Turner Gill.  I hate Snyder as much as the next guy, but it isn't like he got some ridiculously lucrative deal and shouldn't be considered a f*ck you to Frank.

DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT KANSAS STATE GETS TO PAY "FAIR MARKET VALUE" FOR EVEN UPPER SLTH'S LIKE FRANK?

ASSUMING THE RECRUITS WERE HALF WAY LEGIT AND THAT FRANK WAS GOING TO MATCH (NOT EXCEED) HIS RESULTS ON RECORD, WHO THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO REPLACE HIM WITH THAT MATCHES THAT FOR THE SAME OR LESS THAT IS BEING TALKED ABOUT AS "KEEP FRANK" MONEY?

That makes more sense, thanks.  I think you would definitely have to go with an "unknown".  Which is pretty much exactly what Frank was until the WSU-XU-UNLV-UD stretch.

January 20, 2010, 07:42:48 PM
Reply #320

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

Personally, I think if Frank is as loyal as a lot of people assume he is (and I have no reason to doubt otherwise), I'd agree with you.

The magic number starts with seven figures.  If an initial offer was made below that, it was a pretty stupid offer.

In today's market, if you don't have a coach that you think is worth one million annually (at a bare minimum), you don't have a coach worth extending.

which brings back to the whole "if you weren't going to make him a serious offer or enter into serious negotiatins, than why the f^ck did you even bother."

i mean seriously. john currie with his ridiculous haircut and tie comes walking in like leave it to f^cking beaver and then says something like "hey frank. nice to meet you. i'm johnathan currie. here's a new contract with a percentage raise similar to what bill and deb got and whatever the baseball coaches name is got. you're welcome. sign here."

pretty ridiculous. frank's prob had to deal his whole life with people thinking he's dumber than he is and repeatedly having to prove and then reprove himself and then our new khaki pants w/ braided belt dipcrap AD walks in with a cost of living increase like it's some kind of f^cking bozo the clown grandprize game schwinn bicycle and 20 dollar bill. insulting. i'd want to get out as soon as possible just so i could stick it to the a$$clown.

January 20, 2010, 07:43:29 PM
Reply #321

sonofdaxjones

• All American

My favorite posters are all melting down over rumors, and they are of course all pi$$y because some reasonable people want to let it play out and see what happens . . . and they assume that the reasonable people won't be extremely  :mad: if the season continues as it's going now and John Currie doesn't get Frank locked down with a proper contract and compensation.

January 20, 2010, 07:45:38 PM
Reply #322

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick

First of all, who give a f*ck about Deb and baseballs contracts?  They are small potatoes.  I didn't know either one got an extension, and don't even know the baseball coach's name.

And I think the Snyder makes less than he made 8 years ago (don't know if he got a raise over his Krause contract).  But jesus, he makes less than freaking Turner Gill.  I hate Snyder as much as the next guy, but it isn't like he got some ridiculously lucrative deal and shouldn't be considered a f*ck you to Frank.

in relation to contract extensions/raises, if you're giving them out to others, especially those that are in non-profit sports, it's a slap in the face to the guy who's bringing in a million dollars of profit last year.  regardless if they just got $1 more.  

ku overpaying for gill isn't ksu's problem.  snyder was getting 1.58 in 2004 http://cjonline.com/stories/092804/bre_snyder.shtml.  

so we agreed to snyder's contract/extension/raise in september (so we had to have f'ing budgeted for that) yet we don't have anything for frank?  currie just thought "ya know, we're going to be dogcrap this year in basketball, so we won't need to do anything for frank".  hell, I wasn't completely sold, but (before the season...and before fort hays, lol) I thought we'd be in the top 6, if we did well, top 4 again.  but we'd continue to pay him like he's greg f'ing mcdermott?

January 20, 2010, 07:49:31 PM
Reply #323

ksu_FAN

• Second String Wildcat

My favorite posters are all melting down over rumors, and they are of course all pi$$y because some reasonable people want to let it play out and see what happens . . . and they assume that the reasonable people won't be extremely  :mad: if the season continues as it's going now and John Currie doesn't get Frank locked down with a proper contract and compensation.

dax, honestly I don't think your take on this is super unreasonable.  

I'll even say I'm encouraged by this, its not like Currie has come out and said "we'll sit down after the season and look at where we are and see if we need to look at Frank's current contract".  Its clear he and Frank's people are currently talking about it, so its in the works.  And even if he did make a low-ball offer, at least he made an offer.  I do think he does have some of your line of thinking (and I don't think it would necessarily bother Frank) that he's going to take his time, but at least talks are ongoing.  That way if the season does keep going and in a couple weeks we are sitting at 7-3 or something with a home win over ku, it will be easier to move it along and get it done.  

I will agree that there has been some over-reaction here, but I pretty much expect that.

January 20, 2010, 07:52:55 PM
Reply #324

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

That makes more sense, thanks.  I think you would definitely have to go with an "unknown".  Which is pretty much exactly what Frank was until the WSU-XU-UNLV-UD stretch.

you may not have known that a bunch or coaches got raises and contract extensions cause you live in michigan and pick apples and listen to music all day and probably don't have cable, but guess what? those other people are coaches in sports at the same school frank is a coach at. pretty sure he knew.

January 20, 2010, 07:57:42 PM
Reply #325

sonofdaxjones

• All American

I also say that if there's any truth to Currie "wanting his own guy" in light of where the program is now, than he's just not a very smart guy.   Any smart AD only wants "his own guy" when things are going badly. 

Plus, I can't for the life of me think of who that would be, outside of some massive SLTH types . . . and if that happens I'll be the first to call for Currie's resignation.

I've tried to contemplate how any of that could even be remotely true. . . and the only thing I can think of is Currie might not like Frank's style . . . but there's nothing about Frank that isn't 100% EMAW. 

January 20, 2010, 08:02:36 PM
Reply #326

ksu_FAN

• Second String Wildcat

I also say that if there's any truth to Currie "wanting his own guy" in light of where the program is now, than he's just not a very smart guy.   Any smart AD only wants "his own guy" when things are going badly. 

Plus, I can't for the life of me think of who that would be, outside of some massive SLTH types . . . and if that happens I'll be the first to call for Currie's resignation.

I've tried to contemplate how any of that could even be remotely true. . . and the only thing I can think of is Currie might not like Frank's style . . . but there's nothing about Frank that isn't 100% EMAW. 

I think the "Curry wanting his own guy" talk is just inference, and bad inference at that.  I think this is all about how much we can pay Frank and when Currie can/wants to get it done. 

And I think Kietz has blown this up bigger than it is, but that's why he's the best.

January 20, 2010, 08:02:53 PM
Reply #327

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

And even if he did make a low-ball offer, at least he made an offer.  

no. just flat out no. you are incredibly wrong here.

ex.-i know someone who is thinking about selling their house. i decide to call them before they get a realtor. i offer them 85,000 dollars for their 150,000 dollar house. they hang up the phone and go "jesus f^cking christ honey. daris from down the block just offered us 85,000. what a douche. i told him we'd think about it though. what's that realtors number again?"

it is insulting if they offered him that. do you honestly think that offering him an extra 40,000 two months ago was a good thing to do?

January 20, 2010, 08:03:40 PM
Reply #328

wes mantooth

• Cub

Dan Lykins (State alum, KS board of regents member) posted on gpc that frank will be coaching at k-state in 2025.  He gets some pretty elite level access to the program :gocho:.  Just trying to calm the waters some.

Look for a 15 year extension I guess.

:bballonlyfan: :kstatriot: :bballonlyfan:

January 20, 2010, 08:06:29 PM
Reply #329

ksu_FAN

• Second String Wildcat

it is insulting if they offered him that. do you honestly think that offering him an extra 40,000 two months ago was a good thing to do?

No, but it beats the "Martin already has a contract and we will look at where he's at after the season" approach that Weiser would have taken. 

And I think it was probably qualified.  I think it was informal.  I think it was more "Frank, I'd like to redo your deal and take care of your assistants and this is what I can do...." type of deal.  I really think Kietz has blown it up to be a bigger deal than it probably is.