Date: 15/06/24 - 12:11 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: Would anything be stupider than rehiring Snyder?  (Read 1859 times)

November 05, 2008, 10:06:05 PM
Reply #30

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick
because of Freems.  Also, be ready for Dylan Meier v. 2.....hellllooooo Carson Coffman.

No way. Defense.

Explain '04 and '05?  just bad luck?

November 05, 2008, 10:06:51 PM
Reply #31

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
because of Freems.  Also, be ready for Dylan Meier v. 2.....hellllooooo Carson Coffman.

No way. Defense.

Explain '04 and '05?  just bad luck?

2004 = disaster

2005= young team

It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

November 05, 2008, 10:09:19 PM
Reply #32

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick

No way. Defense.

Explain '04 and '05?  just bad luck?

2004 = disaster

2005= young team

lol, yeah, god how I wish AE was still running sh*t around here.  and reggie walker has just turned out to be everything we thought he'd be.  same with Ian.  and all those pussy OL have really, really come around.

November 05, 2008, 10:10:59 PM
Reply #33

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
our recruiting was much better under synder. Rusty's post about wanting prince for 2 more years is absurd.

Damn dude, Snyder had 2 bad years. Dude deserved a few off years.

stfu about freeman in 2006. He won the Texas game. He was 6-15 TD-INT. He f*cking sucked that year. Webb would have been better.
It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

November 05, 2008, 10:11:10 PM
Reply #34

A-Lishious

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Fear the Puft
In all seriousness, I would rather have Prince for another two years.

Seriously.

I can see that even with the "thing-you-most-wanted" happening, KSUfans are still maintaining their classic, patented pessimism combined with a hint of sarcasm. It is the reason i keep coming back. True art you cant find anywhere else. Props gents.  :cheers:

November 05, 2008, 10:12:15 PM
Reply #35

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick
our recruiting was much better under synder. Rusty's post about wanting prince for 2 more years is absurd.

stfu about freeman in 2006. He won the Texas game. He was 6-15 TD-INT. He f*cking sucked that year. Webb would have been better.

webb won 0 conference games as a starter, correct?

November 05, 2008, 10:13:26 PM
Reply #36

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.

sure, if you don't count 2004 MU or 2004 NU or 2005 MU.

:rolleyes:

November 05, 2008, 10:15:43 PM
Reply #37

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick

sure, if you don't count 2004 MU or 2004 NU or 2005 MU.

:rolleyes:

he came in for DM in '04 (I think you have video of the fluttering DM pass to no one)...though he did win the '04 NU game....and came in for AE in '05.  I think it was AE (another brilliant snyder recruit) that didn't win a conference game.  but webb's awesome cause he won one.

November 05, 2008, 10:16:28 PM
Reply #38

cas

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Sniff Sniff. . . I smell Heisman.
I agree with Rusty, like everything he said. Snyder, seriously man. If you wanted to keep coaching you never should have packed it in. I say we turn Brett Favre on him need be.
csourk is the best pre-college poster on this board.  way better than oxlp956

November 05, 2008, 10:22:22 PM
Reply #39

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
    You can't be racist and like basketball.

The dude is 80 &@#%ing years old.  80 year olds suck at recruiting

November 05, 2008, 10:23:24 PM
Reply #40

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick
i've never cheered for an old person to get hurt, but....bill....i'm cheering for a heart attack.

November 05, 2008, 10:26:13 PM
Reply #41

k-state-wildcats11

Webb would have been better.
I was thinking that last night while watching the replay from the MU game. Given another year he could have flourished here.

November 05, 2008, 10:27:27 PM
Reply #42

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.

The dude is 80 fracking years old.  80 year olds suck at recruiting

69, and he'd be a fine recruiter. Dude, BILL SNYDER. That's like Huggins, man.

November 05, 2008, 10:28:01 PM
Reply #43

jaa1025

• Premium Member
  • Cub

Dennis Franchione would be 10 times worse than Snyder and almost as bad as keeping FPrince

November 05, 2008, 10:28:33 PM
Reply #44

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
    You can't be racist and like basketball.
Quote from: Bill Snyder during his last recruiting season
I don't want to recruit Josh Freeman

November 05, 2008, 10:29:16 PM
Reply #45

ksuno1stunner

• Premium Member
  • Cub

JoePa of the plains imo

November 05, 2008, 10:29:44 PM
Reply #46

jaa1025

• Premium Member
  • Cub

The guy just has to walk into a parent's home of said 4-5 star recruit with LOI in hand and mutter the words, "I'm Bill F###ing Snyder" and the kid would sign.

November 05, 2008, 10:30:49 PM
Reply #47

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
Quote from: Bill Snyder during his last recruiting season
I don't want to recruit Josh Freeman

Freeman sucks.

:peek:

November 05, 2008, 10:31:28 PM
Reply #48

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick

The guy just has to walk into a parent's home of said 4-5 star recruit with LOI in hand and mutter the words, "I'm Bill F###ing Snyder" and the kid would sign.

actually, he walks into the house, bores the ever loving sh*t out of the recruit and the recruit ends up signing with MU.  *cough*chase coffman*cough*

November 05, 2008, 10:32:01 PM
Reply #49

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
actually, he walks into the house, bores the ever loving sh*t out of the recruit and the recruit ends up signing with MU.  *cough*chase coffman*cough*

archer. diles. kyle williams. quinton echols. etc...

November 05, 2008, 10:32:56 PM
Reply #50

Legore

• Premium Member
  • Cub

No way. Defense.

explain 1994 to 2003 just good luck? 

November 05, 2008, 10:35:11 PM
Reply #51

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick

No way. Defense.

explain 1994 to 2003 just good luck? 

Jim Leavitt, Bob Stoops, Brent Venables, Mark Mangino, Mike Stoops....

...but yeah, the staff that Snyder assembled that took a conference championship team to a team that was finishing above Baylor in the overall standings was awesome.

November 05, 2008, 10:36:02 PM
Reply #52

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.

...but yeah, the staff that Snyder assembled that took a conference championship team to a team that was finishing above Baylor in the overall standings was awesome.

synder hired them. he screwed up in 2004, 2005, but he will bring a fabulous staff to MHK. He can recruit.

November 05, 2008, 10:38:38 PM
Reply #53

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick

synder hired them. he screwed up in 2004, 2005, but he will bring a fabulous staff to MHK. He can recruit.

who?  we gunna find what rock greg peterson is hiding under?  maybe pick a few off that abortion of a staff at san diego state?

November 05, 2008, 10:40:24 PM
Reply #54

ksuno1stunner

• Premium Member
  • Cub

who?  we gunna find what rock greg peterson is hiding under?  maybe pick a few off that abortion of a staff at san diego state?

Look at me.  I am catzacker.  I HATE Snyder.

November 05, 2008, 10:42:58 PM
Reply #55

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick

I love successful bill snyder, but hate unsuccessful bill snyder.  sadly, the successful bill snyder is in norman, tampa, lawerence, and tuscon right now and the unsuccessful snyder is in manhattan, prolly grinding his teeth watching the players wear ball caps in Vanier.

November 05, 2008, 10:45:04 PM
Reply #56

JR Ewing

• Cub

In all seriousness, I would rather have Prince for another two years.

Seriously.

Smearing your own crap on your face is stupider.

Speaking from experience?
Once you get past the ethics, the rest is easy.

November 05, 2008, 10:45:19 PM
Reply #57

k-state-wildcats11

I love successful bill snyder, but hate unsuccessful bill snyder.  sadly, the successful bill snyder is in norman, tampa, lawerence, and tuscon right now and the unsuccessful snyder is in manhattan, prolly grinding his teeth watching the players wear ball caps in Vanier.
that can be sad for any successful coach you dipcrap. we aren't Ohio State, USC, Texas, etc. We need to have a good head coach with great asst. coaches around us.

November 05, 2008, 10:45:52 PM
Reply #58

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.

JFC. HE HAD TWO (2) bad years, after 11 straight INSANELY (insanely = 9+ wins) successfull years.

Lay off the guy.  :rolleyes:

November 05, 2008, 10:46:36 PM
Reply #59

ksu98

• Cub

• Personal Text
    me ten years from now
He wasn't any different he just needed time to develop those players. I can't believe you have turned against the man who built this program its his to ruin.