Author Topic: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops  (Read 47163 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #1500 on: December 09, 2017, 01:32:55 PM »
the idea that we should give gigantic raises to people that go around murdering people more that we want them to is probably the stupidest thing i've ever seen on this message board.  and i read most of ksu-w's posts.

michigan is right.  cops on normal duty should not carry firearms.  and i don't even think that cops going around killing too many people is in the top 5 of shitty things cops do.
it’s hard to negotiate with no dick.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: December 09, 2017, 01:56:37 PM »
I used to think it was just a not paid enough situation but I don't think that's true anymore.  It appears to be a systemic cultural thing.

It's a tolerance thing, police now are heavily armored robocops who kill with impunity because Americans allow it to happen. Everyone is focused on the regular cop that killed the dude, no one has said dick crap about Sergeant Charles Langley who was the reason all of this happened with how he behaved at the scene. When the people who are supposed to be the leadership can't be composed in that moment, and suffer no consequences, what do you think will happen? Will it surprise any of you if Langley is involved in the shooting of an unarmed person again?

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: December 09, 2017, 02:30:15 PM »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: December 09, 2017, 02:49:31 PM »
I used to think it was just a not paid enough situation but I don't think that's true anymore.  It appears to be a systemic cultural thing.

It's a tolerance thing, police now are heavily armored robocops who kill with impunity because Americans allow it to happen. Everyone is focused on the regular cop that killed the dude, no one has said dick crap about Sergeant Charles Langley who was the reason all of this happened with how he behaved at the scene. When the people who are supposed to be the leadership can't be composed in that moment, and suffer no consequences, what do you think will happen? Will it surprise any of you if Langley is involved in the shooting of an unarmed person again?

Well he's retired and in the Philippines now (he was mentioned in one of the articles). Also, it isn't clear from the video that there's SIX officers there and the shooter is not the guy screaming. But you are correct. People wouldn't talk to a disobedient dog the way that guy was screaming in that video. It's definitely a huge part of the problem that makes situations like this more tense than they need to be

Offline treysolid

• Katpak'r
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: December 13, 2017, 08:08:43 PM »
what about a combination or some of the ideas in this thread?

maybe...take guns away from regular patrol cops. they get to carry some combination of nightsticks, tasers, and those shotguns that shoot beanbags. in return for decreasing their personal safety, give them raises (40-50%). guns can only be carried by SWAT units that undergo rigorous and exhaustive training. maybe also make it automatic death penalty to kill a cop. i feel that criminals would be less likely to shoot at a cop knowing that the cop can't use lethal force in return.

Offline everyone shut up

• Combo-Fan
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: December 13, 2017, 09:21:25 PM »
lol @ automatic death penalty ever becoming a thing