Author Topic: olympics  (Read 70023 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: olympics
« Reply #400 on: February 21, 2014, 02:52:42 PM »
Carey Price just had the game of his life.

Seven, how did it feel to see Vlasic defending Pavelski as that game ended?

i don't wake up early enough to watch hockey in russia, but that sounds like watching your brothers fight  :frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 21, 2014, 02:58:46 PM »
curling ice is dimpled, like an inverted golf ball.  the brooms don't shave the ice, it just effects it in some way where you can make the stone go faster and follow a curved path.

A lot of lciq here, seven. Glad you're here to set these clowns straight.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 21, 2014, 03:00:59 PM »
curling ice is dimpled, like an inverted golf ball.  the brooms don't shave the ice, it just effects it in some way where you can make the stone go faster and follow a curved path.

A lot of lciq here, seven. Glad you're here to set these clowns straight.

i read wikipedia like a week ago  :gocho:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 21, 2014, 03:51:37 PM »
The guy comes on here and says he's available for lciq questions and then he's nowhere to be seen.  :flush:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 21, 2014, 05:01:27 PM »
Carey Price just had the game of his life.

Seven, how did it feel to see Vlasic defending Pavelski as that game ended?

i don't wake up early enough to watch hockey in russia, but that sounds like watching your brothers fight  :frown:

seven, that game ended at 1:30 CST

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 21, 2014, 05:35:28 PM »
That U.S. coach had his head WAY up his ass the whole game!  We didn't even attempt the best and most potent offensive scheme ever conceived "the flying V!"  :flush:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 21, 2014, 05:46:33 PM »
eff that guy

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 21, 2014, 05:50:03 PM »

l7iq

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 21, 2014, 05:54:48 PM »

l7iq

lol, just before i went to sleep at 6am, i looked up when the game was, saw it was at 11am, and thought hmmm, i guess i could try and stay up and watch it.

anyway, i just watched the replay, disappointing, but the right result.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 21, 2014, 07:59:00 PM »
You may have won the battle Canadians, but the USA is winning the war:

Absurd.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 21, 2014, 08:49:12 PM »
these colors (bronze) don't run Trim

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 21, 2014, 09:16:34 PM »
We didn't make the rules.  If everyone cared most about gold medal count, we'd win more gold.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 21, 2014, 10:00:05 PM »
we are BITB at winning non-gold medals, always have been

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 22, 2014, 10:09:44 AM »
hockey is such a stupid sport

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 22, 2014, 10:14:48 AM »
Our guys just can't bring themselves to give a eff about bronze.  3rd place games are dumb.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 22, 2014, 11:10:48 AM »
lol, lifted from twitter

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 22, 2014, 11:17:58 AM »
Is this where we talk about the Olympic roster? Other than Stepan and Howard I'm pretty happy with the roster. Would've liked Bobby Ryan too but I can see why he was left off.

Keith Yandle was royally mumped. The highest scoring American defenseman the last 5 years. Brooks Orpik, wtf? The Penguins GM and head coach a part of the process and two penguins defenders were seleted who habe spent the better part of the winter hurt. Also eff Brian Burke

http://espn.go.com/olympics/hockey/story/_/id/10195703/how-us-hockey-team-bound-sochi-olympics-was-named

I sincerely hope the Americans lose and give up a ton of goals doing so, what a horrific way to compose a team. I will be cheering for Oliver Ekman-Larsson and team Sweeden.

Jack Johnson was the biggest snub in my opinion. and yeah, the penguins thing is very wtf. ill still root for team USA.

Jack Johnson only has 11 points and a +/- of -12. If they were looking for stay home defensemen they could do and did better than Jack Johnson. Keith Yandle is without a doubt the best American scoring defender. We don't have the most skilled forwards one would guess they would pick the most skilled defenseman available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOMk5GWvlks

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 22, 2014, 11:39:10 AM »
Is this where we talk about the Olympic roster? Other than Stepan and Howard I'm pretty happy with the roster. Would've liked Bobby Ryan too but I can see why he was left off.

Keith Yandle was royally mumped. The highest scoring American defenseman the last 5 years. Brooks Orpik, wtf? The Penguins GM and head coach a part of the process and two penguins defenders were seleted who habe spent the better part of the winter hurt. Also eff Brian Burke

http://espn.go.com/olympics/hockey/story/_/id/10195703/how-us-hockey-team-bound-sochi-olympics-was-named

I sincerely hope the Americans lose and give up a ton of goals doing so, what a horrific way to compose a team. I will be cheering for Oliver Ekman-Larsson and team Sweeden.

Jack Johnson was the biggest snub in my opinion. and yeah, the penguins thing is very wtf. ill still root for team USA.

Jack Johnson only has 11 points and a +/- of -12. If they were looking for stay home defensemen they could do and did better than Jack Johnson. Keith Yandle is without a doubt the best American scoring defender. We don't have the most skilled forwards one would guess they would pick the most skilled defenseman available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOMk5GWvlks

Eh, Yandle wouldn't have changed the outcome of either game IMO. He may have given them an extra scoring chance or 2 yesterday but the way Price was playing I don't think it would have mattered. Today they just didn't look like they gave a damn.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 22, 2014, 12:00:02 PM »
less about Yandle and more about the issues on how the roster was constructed and the issues they would have

They cared today, they just folded up and quit when they had adversity. Did you hear the post game interview with Parise, because thats what he said? Kane's hack and wack act in the 3rd period was deplorable and a sure sign they cared.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: February 22, 2014, 01:03:57 PM »
less about Yandle and more about the issues on how the roster was constructed and the issues they would have

They cared today, they just folded up and quit when they had adversity. Did you hear the post game interview with Parise, because thats what he said? Kane's hack and wack act in the 3rd period was deplorable and a sure sign they cared.

Yandle was the only one you really brought up as being an issue with the roster construction and like I said, he really wouldn't have made a difference. With the current crop of American players I think they built the roster basically how they needed to to have a chance.

They may have cared, but that there was definitely not the same intensity as there was in the semis. I also don't blame them too much for just folding up in the third. Most of those guys are getting ready to head back to teams that will be right in the thick of battles for playoff spots and seedlings and a Stanley Cup means a lot more than a bronze medal.

Kane was pretty bad in the 3rd, but as a Blues fan I'm not a big fan of his anyways.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 22, 2014, 02:49:20 PM »

Yandle was the only one you really brought up as being an issue with the roster construction and like I said, he really wouldn't have made a difference. With the current crop of American players I think they built the roster basically how they needed to to have a chance.

They may have cared, but that there was definitely not the same intensity as there was in the semis. I also don't blame them too much for just folding up in the third. Most of those guys are getting ready to head back to teams that will be right in the thick of battles for playoff spots and seedlings and a Stanley Cup means a lot more than a bronze medal.

Kane was pretty bad in the 3rd, but as a Blues fan I'm not a big fan of his anyways.

I said this team would have trouble scoring goals

the Fins play in the NHL too, that's a wack excuse, fact is that team had quitters with no heart and don't care as much as playing for their country as other nations, Russia was afflicted with the same thing

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 22, 2014, 03:06:28 PM »

I said this team would have trouble scoring goals

the Fins play in the NHL too, that's a wack excuse, fact is that team had quitters with no heart and don't care as much as playing for their country as other nations, Russia was afflicted with the same thing

I won't argue with that, but I still believe this was about as good a team as the US could put on the ice right now. And honestly, a bronze means a lot more for a country like Finland than it does for the USA.

I also think it's a little harsh to dump the whole team in that categories. There where a few players who where giving everything they had up until it became painfully obvious that others had quit.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 22, 2014, 06:45:42 PM »
I said they have quitters not that they are quitters, that isn't collective

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 22, 2014, 11:32:31 PM »
Why does the almost naked TP lady show up in tapatalk? She's not even ITT.