Author Topic: BWW Master Thread  (Read 19870 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: BWW Master Thread
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2011, 09:24:32 AM »
current sd go-to order:  Naked Wrap with hot, side of wedges with jerk sauce

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 09:27:56 AM »
current sd go-to order:  Naked Wrap with hot, side of wedges with jerk sauce

Wedges, eh?  Not necessarily the way I would go, but that jerk sauce is to die for.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2011, 09:30:17 AM »
used to go to the bww in lawrence quite a bit. they had something like two dollar bottle night on wednesdays or something. anyway, they had those fosters oil can things and considered those bottles so you were getting like 22 ounces for like two bucks and you'd often see the town homeless/drunkies in there drunking it up. saw a few of them fall off their chairs and get kicked out one night.

current go to- hot two boners. the one bone wings are terrible. hate them. like boneless but sometimes they don't put enough of the sauce on and you're like gmafb if i just wanted chicken strips i'd just go somewhere and order those. christ.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 09:50:19 AM by Rick Daris »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2011, 09:32:50 AM »
used to go to the bww in lawrence quite a bit. they had something like two dollar bottle night on wednesdays or something. anyway, they had those fosters oil can things and considered those bottles so you were getting like 22 ounces for like two bucks and you'd often see the town homeless/drunkies in their drunking it up. saw a few of them fall off their chairs and get kicked out one night.

current go to- hot two boners. the one bone wings are terrible. hate them. like boneless but sometimes they don't put enough of the sauce on and you're like gmafb if i just wanted chicken strips i'd just go somewhere and order those. christ.

Wow.  You know they charge extra if you want the one-boners.  You are like their dream customer.

Also, have you tried their queso?  Surprisingly good.  I was kinda shocked.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2011, 09:40:18 AM »
used to go to the bww in lawrence quite a bit. they had something like two dollar bottle night on wednesdays or something. anyway, they had those fosters oil can things and considered those bottles so you were getting like 22 ounces for like two bucks and you'd often see the town homeless/drunkies in their drunking it up. saw a few of them fall off their chairs and get kicked out one night.

Wow.  You know they charge extra if you want the one-boners.  You are like their dream customer.

yeah. i think the media is to blame for the one bone proclivity. to tell you the truth though, i'm not 100% sure and haven't really investigated it too far because it works to my advantage here. i order a bunch of wings with someone else and i'm all brer rabbit in the briar patch w/ the two boners. re: queso, no. haven't had it. just not one of those things you think of while you're there. i'll give it a shot based on your reco though.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 09:42:41 AM by Rick Daris »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2011, 09:44:56 AM »

yeah. i think the media is to blame for the one bone proclivity. to tell you the truth though, i'm not 100% sure and haven't really investigated it too far because it works to my advantage here. i order a bunch of wings with someone else and i'm all brer rabbit in the briar patch w/ the two boners. re: queso, no. haven't had it. just not one of those things you think of while you're there. i'll give it a shot based on your reco though.

sometimes I will order the queso with no chili and instead dump a thing of hot wing sauce in it.  I'm off my rocker like that sometimes.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2011, 09:46:46 AM »

This thread is making me all  :drool: ... I'm a two-bone person myself - those uni-bones can GTFOOMF.  I want wings, not like weird crunchy ligament crap and bone fragments.  Do I need counseling?  :ohno:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2011, 09:49:29 AM »
note to self: never split an order of wings w/ tobias.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2011, 09:52:00 AM »
Went with the "Wild" flavor this week (2nd hottest) and holy crap socks I think I need a new esophagus. Usually get 12 wings (bone out) 6 Jerk and 6 Spicy Garlic. Also, they have a pulled pork nacho that is out of sight.  :gocho:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline gokatgo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2011, 09:56:12 AM »
Does anybody eat the blazin? My wife brought some home by accident. First wing I was all  :bawl: second wing I was kinda  :confused: third wing  :pbj:

still have not ordered again
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 09:57:50 AM by gokatgo »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2011, 09:57:15 AM »
I usually just go with hot

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2011, 10:27:08 AM »

Does anybody eat the blazin? My wife brought some home by accident. First wing I was all  :bawl: second wing I was kinda  :confused: third wing  :pbj:

still have not ordered again

Had a dozen one night in a friendly competition.

My ass shot flames the next morning.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2011, 10:33:41 AM »
I don't enjoy them if they are too hot.  Not fun.  But, I don't like the sweet ones either.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2011, 11:28:01 AM »
Man, this got me in the mood.   I am going to go eat wings and watch cats.  go cats.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2011, 11:29:49 AM »
Man, this got me in the mood.   I am going to go eat wings and watch cats.  go cats.

I want to but we went last night obv.  mrs. dave is weird about doing the same thing the next day.  I am fine eating and doing the exact same thing for weeks on end.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2011, 11:37:19 AM »

I want to but we went last night obv.  mrs. dave is weird about doing the same thing the next day.  I am fine eating and doing the exact same thing for weeks on end.

I'll bet you regret the crap out of it now.  Wings while watching go cats is good as crap. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2011, 11:37:58 AM »

I'll bet you regret the crap out of it now.  Wings while watching go cats is good as crap. 

:sigh: fear the beard

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2011, 11:53:58 AM »
BWW in OP is apparently EMAW central....loads o emaw.  They appear to be enjoying OP.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2011, 01:29:58 PM »
Blazin isn't that hot.  :ck:

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2011, 03:01:16 PM »
put Taco Bell hotsauce (which is pretty much gods gift to the sauce world) and put it on any BWW. Trust me here guys.   :lick:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2011, 04:08:18 PM »
I only get wings on cheap wing night, is that weird?  I mean for my $10, I can get 8 wings and a nice refreshing diet coke, or a can get a pretty good burger (steak loaded burger  :drool:), some buffalo wedges and THEN my nice refreshing diet coke.

:dunno:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2011, 03:19:13 PM »
the potato wedges are great

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2011, 03:20:44 PM »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »
Always thought BWW was pricey,  Caribbean jerk and Spicy garlic are worth every penny though.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2011, 03:39:24 PM »
Always thought BWW was pricey,  Caribbean jerk and Spicy garlic are worth every penny though.
ya it's kind of expensive.  also hate the fake waitresses they have.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.