Author Topic: 2012 BatQuatz - Revenge of Alex  (Read 51351 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 BatQuatz - Revenge of Alex
« Reply #375 on: May 29, 2012, 08:14:45 AM »
How much is a "enough resources"?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 29, 2012, 08:43:29 AM »

I'm trying to understand what resources we are lacking.  Or what resources Missouri has, for instance, that we don't.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 29, 2012, 09:14:02 AM »

I'm trying to understand what resources we are lacking.  Or what resources Missouri has, for instance, that we don't.

Its another one of those "its always something" issues that the vast majority of K-State athletics seems to have on a consistent basis.

So if we raised Hill's budget another 50%, and built another 2,000 seats on the Frank, and doubled the size of the baseball indoor facility . . . then K-State would make the NCAA tourney every year and progress beyond the first round?   What about a videoboard, would a videoboard at the Frank put the program over the top?   How about a new sound system at the Frank, would a new sound system do it?

Gosh, if the baseball (only) weightroom was twice as big, then, then you'd see some real winning.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 01, 2012, 01:39:59 AM »
Nice work trying to put words into my post.  I specifically said relative to the rest of the Big12.  Its a VERY top heavy league and at a few schools you could legitimately argue baseball is the 2nd sport instead of a basketball team. 

The fact is that we out preform what we are in the baseball world right now.  We are consistently going to the NCAAs 3 of the last 4 years. 

I would like to know why you guys think we should be getting further than where we are?  This year was a step back for sure.  But there are reasonable explanations to why we failed this year. Next year is when we should be getting antsy about things.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 01, 2012, 11:46:57 AM »
Nice work trying to put words into my post.  I specifically said relative to the rest of the Big12.  Its a VERY top heavy league and at a few schools you could legitimately argue baseball is the 2nd sport instead of a basketball team. 

The fact is that we out preform what we are in the baseball world right now.  We are consistently going to the NCAAs 3 of the last 4 years. 

I would like to know why you guys think we should be getting further than where we are?  This year was a step back for sure.  But there are reasonable explanations to why we failed this year. Next year is when we should be getting antsy about things.

Because Missouri consistently does and their facilities are the same as ours.  And I'd argue the state of KS is a bit better for recruiting.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 01, 2012, 07:09:01 PM »

Because Missouri consistently does and their facilities are the same as ours.  And I'd argue the state of KS is a bit better for recruiting.
Yeah its not like their stadium is 50% bigger than ours :dubious:

I will grant that under armor unis do detract from their program.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 02, 2012, 04:14:51 PM »
Brad would just break through if we added some more bleachers?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 02, 2012, 07:32:23 PM »
Who cares, mu has a few more seats . . . 50% more here is a relative term. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 03, 2012, 12:06:32 AM »
Who cares, mu has a few more seats . . . 50% more here is a relative term.
not sure you know what relative means

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 03, 2012, 12:08:32 AM »
Brad would just break through if we added some more bleachers?
in a perfect k-stateo world where townies and college kids come to games, yes

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #385 on: June 03, 2012, 11:39:53 AM »
Starting pitching is THE most important thing in cbb.  Our top 2 starters are seniors. Next year could be tough unless we have some guys step up.

Seems like every year we've made the ncaa's we've had one top tier starting pitcher. To get to the cws you need at least 2.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 03, 2012, 11:57:40 AM »
I think steroids would help us. what do you guys think?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 03, 2012, 12:22:29 PM »
Starting pitching is THE most important thing in cbb.  Our top 2 starters are seniors. Next year could be tough unless we have some guys step up.

Seems like every year we've made the ncaa's we've had one top tier starting pitcher. To get to the cws you need at least 2.

Umm, this year was tough.  Hill has been here a decade and we are worried about losing starters off an awful team?  Nice depth

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 03, 2012, 09:58:06 PM »

Umm, this year was tough.  Hill has been here a decade and we are worried about losing starters off an awful team?  Nice depth

You completely missed the point.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 04, 2012, 10:09:34 AM »

Could be.  Or it could be that you utterly failed at making a cogent point.

I will stipulate that starting pitching is important in baseball, if that was the point you were getting at.

if we are worried about losing starting pitching off of a team that battled Tech for the cellar in what has shown to be a pretty weak conference then Hill has completely failed at building any semblance of a program.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: June 04, 2012, 11:27:09 AM »

I will stipulate that starting pitching is important in baseball, if that was the point you were getting at.

if we are worried about losing starting pitching off of a team that battled Tech for the cellar in what has shown to be a pretty weak conference then Hill has completely failed at building any semblance of a program.

BSAC

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 04, 2012, 12:25:38 PM »

Absolutely.  Especially if you combine them with an HGH regimen.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 04, 2012, 02:32:17 PM »

Absolutely.  Especially if you combine them with an HGH regimen.

I absolutely endorse this.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 04, 2012, 10:18:49 PM »

Couldn't have been that incogent, you ultimately figured it out.  The SP was decent this year but the pen was dreadful, regardless that season is over and those guys are gone. There are a lot of good young arms that will be relied on next season. The question is whether they'll step up.  You don't know dick about baseball if you think that question can answered in this thread.  The OSU guy who had a 5 era two seasons ago just got drafted 9th overall after winning big xii pitcher of the year posting a 1.6 era this season. There is depth.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 04, 2012, 10:43:37 PM »
 :facepalm:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 11, 2012, 10:13:08 AM »
Apparently Stoney Brooke has the resources, and they just made their baseball coach a full time position a couple of years ago.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 11, 2012, 10:46:25 AM »
Apparently Stoney Brooke has the resources, and they just made their baseball coach a full time position a couple of years ago.

It is not reasonable to expect to compete with the Stoney Brookes of the world. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 11, 2012, 10:58:56 AM »
Stoney Brooke did just get a new field . . . literally a new FieldTurf Field, the permenant seats, pressbox and other amenities are just going to have to wait until more donations come in. 

Poor Brad Hill toiling away in his baseball offices, with the clubhouse and weightroom just down the hall, with the flat screen TV's and such.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 11, 2012, 11:15:43 AM »
Stoney Brooke did just get a new field . . . literally a new FieldTurf Field, the permenant seats, pressbox and other amenities are just going to have to wait until more donations come in. 

Poor Brad Hill toiling away in his baseball offices, with the clubhouse and weightroom just down the hall, with the flat screen TV's and such.

he has a absolutely locked down the recruitment of Manhattan High though.  I mean, he gets first AND second pick.

Offline dontfeedthebear

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 25, 2012, 12:08:33 AM »
One of the stations in Omaha must be using subliminal messaging...