Author Topic: McGruds  (Read 9811 times)

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: McGruds
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2010, 09:27:26 AM »
Look KougsTooCoolForSchoolWannabe . . . I know it's never easy for you, but teams can actually over play the passing lanes and NOT get consistantly torn to shreds by backdoor cuts.  Teams do it all the time, this isn't hard ...

So let's see, you keep rolling out crap like "def eff %" and I keep talking about how in last nights game, and in all 3 losses this year K-State has been ripped to pieces by backdoor cuts

I love how you keep acting like we're giving up 40 points a game on backdoor cuts. We gave up, what, 6 points on uncontested backdoors against UNLV? Ooooo, the horror.

Kyrie Irving did indeed shred us in the Duke game, but in our other two losses, we gave up 57 and 63 points. So not only did those teams not "shred us with backdoor cuts," they didn't "shred us" with anything.

You see back-to-back backdoors in the UNLV game, and in your casual, LBBIQ mind you can't think of anything else in your mental review of the game's takeaways.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2010, 11:05:22 AM »
Look KougsTooCoolForSchoolWannabe . . . I know it's never easy for you, but teams can actually over play the passing lanes and NOT get consistantly torn to shreds by backdoor cuts.  Teams do it all the time, this isn't hard ...

So let's see, you keep rolling out crap like "def eff %" and I keep talking about how in last nights game, and in all 3 losses this year K-State has been ripped to pieces by backdoor cuts

I love how you keep acting like we're giving up 40 points a game on backdoor cuts. We gave up, what, 6 points on uncontested backdoors against UNLV? Ooooo, the horror.

Kyrie Irving did indeed shred us in the Duke game, but in our other two losses, we gave up 57 and 63 points. So not only did those teams not "shred us with backdoor cuts," they didn't "shred us" with anything.

You see back-to-back backdoors in the UNLV game, and in your casual, LBBIQ mind you can't think of anything else in your mental review of the game's takeaways.

This.  Jezzus backdoor cuts are frustrating and all but our defense has been incredible.  The reason we aren't winnng has a little less than ZERO to do with our defense.  People see us get burned on a few backdoor cuts and all of a sudden our defense sucks.   :facepalm:

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2010, 11:09:11 AM »

This.  Jezzus backdoor cuts are frustrating and all but our defense has been incredible.  The reason we aren't winnng has a little less than ZERO to do with our defense.  People see us get burned on a few backdoor cuts and all of a sudden our defense sucks.   :facepalm:
While I agree our defense has been good we have some very glaring lappses at times.  And they often come at bad times in the game.  UNLV they allowed them to come back and take the lead, and really kills any momentum KSU might have had.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2010, 11:16:00 AM »
TAP OUTS ALL AROUND

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2010, 12:27:19 PM »

While I agree our defense has been good we have some very glaring lappses at times.  And they often come at bad times in the game.  UNLV they allowed them to come back and take the lead, and really kills any momentum KSU might have had.

You know what really kills momentum? Scoring 2 points in over 7 minutes.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2010, 01:00:55 PM »
Which came first the backdoors or the 2 pts in 7 mins?  Maybe the backdoors caused the lapses on offense (momentum shift).  I think it was the backdoors because they kind of ended our 14-2 run.  I get your point scoring points and I agree but giving up easy buckets can really demoralize a team on both ends of the floor.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2010, 01:04:39 PM »
Which came first the backdoors or the 2 pts in 7 mins?  Maybe the backdoors caused the lapses on offense (momentum shift).  I think it was the backdoors because they kind of ended our 14-2 run.  I get your point scoring points and I agree but giving up easy buckets can really demoralize a team on both ends of the floor.

So your argument is that giving up 2 backdoors caused us to miss repeated bunnies and open shots on the other end of the floor?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2010, 01:05:08 PM »
and free throws.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2010, 01:10:17 PM »

So your argument is that giving up 2 backdoors caused us to miss repeated bunnies and open shots on the other end of the floor?
When it rains it pours, murphy's law etc... Bad things come in bunches.  So yes in a round about way those started us on a bad stretch.  That is why it is call momentum are you a powermc?

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2010, 01:13:09 PM »
When it rains it pours, murphy's law etc... Bad things come in bunches.

:facepalm:

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2010, 01:16:26 PM »

Offline number5

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2010, 07:42:27 PM »
Smoking' hot gruds.  Don't let it go to your head and start taking cocky quick shots.

And

Lrn2Science

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2010, 08:04:35 PM »
Smoking' hot gruds.  Don't let it go to your head and start taking cocky quick shots. deep discounts at Dillards.

And

Lrn2Science

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2010, 08:07:24 PM »
Multple backdoors given up tonight, thankfully we either fouled or they missed a dunk, Frank rips guys up off the bench and subs after each one . . . clearly not a concern though.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2010, 09:21:29 PM »
Multple backdoors given up tonight, thankfully we either fouled or they missed a dunk, Frank rips guys up off the bench and subs after each one . . . clearly not a concern though.

ZOMG did you see the back door mcgruder gave those roo's in the first half  :love: :love:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2010, 09:23:04 PM »

ZOMG did you see the back door mcgruder gave those roo's in the first half  :love: :love:

Fantastic.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2010, 10:52:08 PM »
umkc won, 5 backdoors to zero tonight.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2010, 10:53:17 PM »

We had one to Russell.  It was beautiful.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2010, 11:02:02 PM »

They shot lights out from the ft line as well, did things the right way tonight
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2010, 11:08:30 PM »

I sat next to a couple of fans that would keep a running total of our FT % the entire game.  "Now at 40%".  "Yep.".  "Maybe Pullen can do FT shooting practice while he's out."  "Etc."

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2010, 11:09:58 PM »

Idiots.  Out in droves on GPC right now.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2010, 11:41:43 PM »
I sat next to a couple of fans that would keep a running total of our FT % the entire game.  "Now at 40%".  "Yep.".  "Maybe Pullen can do FT shooting practice while he's out."  "Etc."

that's fantastic.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2010, 11:54:01 PM »

...That was dax.