Author Topic: 2012 Recruiting Thread  (Read 623485 times)

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1475 on: May 27, 2011, 03:28:46 PM »
i'm telling you dipcraps, we weren't getting these mentions before. (other than boynton).

we had mentions the year before too with kadji/shipman/etc.....but yeah, we've been on a mention drought for awhile now.  feels good.

I wanted Kadji so rough ridin' bad. Glad now in hindsight we didn't but I was super bummed when he chose UF

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: May 27, 2011, 03:33:10 PM »
i'm telling you dipshits, we weren't getting these mentions before. (other than boynton).

we had mentions the year before too with kadji/shipman/etc.....but yeah, we've been on a mention drought for awhile now.  feels good.

Kadji, I guess. It was a lot different, because Kadji wasn't a high-level recruit until very late in the process (unlike DSR and Jabari Parker). Shipman was a Nino-Williams-esque recruit. BFD.

whatever Krusty

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: May 30, 2011, 08:26:27 PM »
You wanna know why I don't care about mentions? Because they are like hearing stories your work acquaintance tells about almost getting a BJ.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: May 31, 2011, 09:57:38 AM »
You wanna know why I don't care about mentions? Because they are like hearing stories your work acquaintance tells about almost getting a BJ.

No, it's like hearing stories your work acquaintance tells about how they might get a BJ in the near future.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: May 31, 2011, 10:11:45 AM »

No, it's like hearing stories your work acquaintance tells about how they might get a BJ in the near future.

And your work acquaintance is actually you

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: May 31, 2011, 01:49:50 PM »

Pretty much assume we won't get anybody really good.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: May 31, 2011, 01:51:23 PM »

And your work acquaintance is actually you
somebody alert the mods that JT has hacked SD's account.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: June 01, 2011, 06:15:07 PM »
BITB scooping as usual

TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline
2012 Wichita Heights (KS) PF Perry Ellis spoke with Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski & Kansas State assistant Brad Underwood today.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: June 01, 2011, 07:12:10 PM »
BITB scooping as usual

2012 Wichita Heights (KS) PF Perry Ellis spoke with Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski & Kansas State assistant Brad Underwood today.

geez, which one of those little visits was a little less impressive than the other?

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: June 01, 2011, 08:12:56 PM »
BITB scooping as usual

geez, which one of those little visits was a little less impressive than the other?

You're right, Brad is one impressive mofo.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: June 01, 2011, 11:15:02 PM »
BITB scooping as usual

Grats on having the most obvious attempt at wit in the history of message boarding.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: June 02, 2011, 02:25:44 PM »
BITB scooping as usual

Grats on having the most obvious attempt at wit in the history of message boarding.

thanks man. congrats on being awesome at message boarding.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: June 02, 2011, 05:25:12 PM »
Stuff on Walker

From John Lucas Midwest Invitational Camp in Oct 2010:
"At 6-foot-1, Walker is a guy that can spend some time on the ball, but where he really showcased his ability was in a scoring role. A speedy guard with pretty good athleticism, Walker slashed into the lane pulling up for mid-range jump shots. He has a strong handle and was much stronger than he initially looked. "

From last Summer when he was running with S. Fla based Team Breakdown:
"Walker, a 6-foot scoring point guard, stood out in Team Breakdown's close loss to the Memphis Magic in the quarterfinals. He was the primary ball handler and top scoring threat for Team Breakdown."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: June 02, 2011, 08:36:11 PM »
Class of 2012 point guard Ian Baker has not been shy of late about his high level of interest in the Providence Friars. This past weekend Baker was at the Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions with the Dwight Howard Warriors and the 6-foot, 175-pounder out of Arlington Country Day (FL) took the time to discuss with ScoutFriars.com what he likes about PC and more.

Baker, a native of Washington, D.C., lists offers from Miami, Providence, South Carolina, Wyoming, East Carolina, and Central Florida. The other programs involved in his recruitment are Clemson, Boston College and Virginia.

“Miami, Providence [and] South Carolina my [top] three,” Baker said. “I’m considering those real hard right now.”

Asked if any single school is in the lead at this point, Baker replied, “I wanna say, actually, it’s two schools [I like] just the same amount, it’s Miami and Providence. If I had to make a decision right now it would be one of them.”

it's probably not worth updating baker any longer, unless his recruitment changes dramatically.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: June 03, 2011, 01:55:43 PM »
Lomomba appears to be on the back burner right now, if he's even on the stove at all:

“I am hearing the most from West Virginia, Cincinnati, New Mexico State, Nevada, Minnesota, Washington State, and Baylor,” listed Lomomba.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1076788.html

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: June 03, 2011, 01:57:57 PM »
Evan Daniels watched Aaron Durley at last weekend's Best Buy Tourney in Chicago and here are his brief thoughts:

"Durley is a BIG kid! Good set of hands, touch around the basket and even a nice looking mid-range jump shot.  He's definitely one we will continue to follow."

Offline JMart

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: June 03, 2011, 02:44:02 PM »
Are they in on Durley? I saw him last summer at Lucas' summer showcase. Great hands, feet.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: June 03, 2011, 03:07:13 PM »
Yes, according to an update Cassidy did a couple months back(linked below). I hadn't seen much new on him and I noticed the Hoopstars were in Chicago last weekend, so that's why I asked Daniels about him.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1206693

Offline GetVocalwithCurt

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: June 04, 2011, 12:04:05 PM »
http://blogs.indystar.com/recruitingcentral/2011/06/04/saturday-basketball-notes/

Still in the hunt with dsr. Looks like underwood took my advice to start recruiting indianpolis
"I'll be back"
-Curtis Kelly

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: June 04, 2011, 12:07:06 PM »
http://blogs.indystar.com/recruitingcentral/2011/06/04/saturday-basketball-notes/

Still in the hunt with dsr. Looks like underwood took my advice to start recruiting indianpolis

:pbj:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: June 04, 2011, 12:37:38 PM »

:pbj:

ksu hoops...where the mentions flow like wine
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: June 04, 2011, 02:11:00 PM »

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile