Author Topic: Frank's sarcasm has gotten way out of control....  (Read 27834 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Frank's sarcasm has gotten way out of control....
« Reply #200 on: March 07, 2014, 10:07:29 PM »
I don't see much evidence of USC getting better.  Frank started off 10-3 in his first nonconference season.  Since then, his record is utterly abysmal: 15-34 (.306).  And he lost to South Carolina Upstate in this year's noncon, which I would guess is accepted by the USC alums as something like us losing to UMKC.

His biggest win (by far) happened only six days ago, against #17 UK, but at this point that looks like it might be a TCU over KU situation rather than a trend.

I made it pretty clear I was referring to the level of players they are putting on the floor. I think to make a judgment, with any value, on their improvement you need to go beyond checking the record on espn.com.

I think you let your passion for argueing push you into corners you can't defend.  You are a smart
guy who really knows his crap, but sometimes......... :Out on a limb:

Ps this is not about your current argument about Frank being any good.  Although he isn't.

I don't understand what is happening here, are you arguing that USC doesn't have better players than when Frank arrived?

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 07, 2014, 10:13:55 PM »
Franks signed a few 4* and handful of 3*.  Same as Horn.  So, really, players are bout the same as when he got there. 

The larger point, though, is who gives a eff.  The team still blows.  Can't say they are clearly improving, simply because of a few nice recruits. 

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 07, 2014, 10:19:29 PM »
I don't see much evidence of USC getting better.  Frank started off 10-3 in his first nonconference season.  Since then, his record is utterly abysmal: 15-34 (.306).  And he lost to South Carolina Upstate in this year's noncon, which I would guess is accepted by the USC alums as something like us losing to UMKC.

His biggest win (by far) happened only six days ago, against #17 UK, but at this point that looks like it might be a TCU over KU situation rather than a trend.

I made it pretty clear I was referring to the level of players they are putting on the floor. I think to make a judgment, with any value, on their improvement you need to go beyond checking the record on espn.com.

I think you let your passion for argueing push you into corners you can't defend.  You are a smart

Ps this is not about your current argument about Frank being any good.  Although he isn't.

I don't understand what is happening here, are you arguing that USC doesn't have better players than when Frank arrived?

No i don't really care about that.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 07, 2014, 10:30:25 PM »

No i don't really care about that.

:dunno:

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 08, 2014, 01:24:15 AM »
Frank has almost everybody coming back next year (one senior this year, and a couple of kids will probably get franked). He has a real nice looking point guard coming in next year, and Frank's offense is predicated on having a point guard that can get into the lane and make crap happen. They'll most likely be in the NIT next year, with a nice 3 year stretch of tourney years after that...assuming Frank can keep his nose clean.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 08, 2014, 06:35:17 AM »
Frank has almost everybody coming back next year (one senior this year, and a couple of kids will probably get franked). He has a real nice looking point guard coming in next year, and Frank's offense is predicated on having a point guard that can get into the lane and make crap happen. They'll most likely be in the NIT next year, with a nice 3 year stretch of tourney years after that...assuming Frank can keep his nose clean.

Yeah, all signs certainly point to this team being a top 3-4 SEC team for the next 4 years.   :facepalm:

IMO, the "everybody coming back" indicator of success only really applies to successful teams.  If ur total dog crap, returning everybody prob isn't a good thing.  Like, take TCU for example.  They returned almost everybody from last years terrible team.  And added a stud freshman, shepherd kid.  And guess what, those terrible players are still terrible.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 08, 2014, 06:56:37 AM »
I love that we have some Frank homers on this board. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 08, 2014, 09:18:10 AM »

I dislike it. Like, I DNR most of this thread and I DR almost all threads.

catzacker

« Reply #208 on: March 08, 2014, 09:34:40 AM »
Frank has sucked at SC.  I didn't think he would struggle as much.  He's going to get canned next year, possibly mid year, if he continues to (a) suck and (b) be Frank.  Also, I do not like his hair style.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 08, 2014, 09:40:45 AM »

This thread really went next level.  We've always had big time Frank fans.  Now, we have people making excuses for him like homers normally do for their home team.  Stuff like, "Just wait until he gets his own players in."

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 08, 2014, 09:46:13 AM »

You probably missed EMAW anger-cooking Holly Rowe's pizza then.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 08, 2014, 09:59:21 AM »

This thread really went next level.  We've always had big time Frank fans.  Now, we have people making excuses for him like homers normally do for their home team.  Stuff like, "Just wait until he gets his own players in."
Ya. I made this point and I was called "the worst" and MIR told me to stop  sub posting or something like that. Frank super fans, folks!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 08, 2014, 10:28:52 AM »
Well that didn't factor into it wacky

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 08, 2014, 10:40:47 AM »
I'm a fan of Frank and hope he does well.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 08, 2014, 10:42:00 AM »

Well there is no chance of that.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 08, 2014, 10:42:27 AM »

Well there is no chance of that.

lol

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 08, 2014, 12:26:47 PM »

Yeah, all signs certainly point to this team being a top 3-4 SEC team for the next 4 years.   :facepalm:

IMO, the "everybody coming back" indicator of success only really applies to successful teams.  If ur total dog crap, returning everybody prob isn't a good thing.  Like, take TCU for example.  They returned almost everybody from last years terrible team.  And added a stud freshman, shepherd kid.  And guess what, those terrible players are still terrible.

Frank's my fav. I'm going to be 100% convinced that he'll get it turned around at South Carolina until the day that he gets fired. It's probably not totally rational, but I don't think my love for Frank has ever been particularly grounded in reality.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 08, 2014, 12:48:38 PM »
Why the hell does frank look so much older than he did a couple years ago? He looks like a president in his second term in office.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 08, 2014, 12:51:04 PM »
I'm starting to think Franks fiery brand of Cuban intensity isn't the healthiest way to live your life.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 08, 2014, 01:46:51 PM »

Same

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 08, 2014, 02:36:15 PM »
I'm a kstate fan and hope we do well

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 08, 2014, 02:39:01 PM »
I'm a kstate fan and hope we do well

me too

Offline Johnny Thunderbone

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 08, 2014, 02:41:10 PM »
I'm a fan of the new Fritos® Chicken Enchilada Melt at Subway and I hope it does well.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 08, 2014, 04:00:13 PM »
http://thebiglead.com/2014/02/27/this-is-show-business-babe-a-day-with-brent-musburger-fran-fraschilla-and-the-big-monday-crew/

great article, love the section about my girl Holly, that section also contains the relevant Frank bit

Holy crap, the fOOD!

Thomas Gipson had lost thirty pounds in the offseason. Rowe planned a little feature where she obtained thirty pounds of pizza dough from Pizza Hut to demonstrate this, and she put it in a bag under the scorer’s table. The game was close, the opportunity to do the bit never arose (this happens frequently in live basketball broadcasts), and the gym was heating up. The dough started rising, and Rowe had to stamp it down with her heels, as it overflowed onto the guy next to her.

Has any other fanbase anger-cooked a rough ridin' pizza?

:lol:

the word, for real

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 08, 2014, 07:21:08 PM »

You probably missed EMAW anger-cooking Holly Rowe's pizza then.

To be fair, this probably deserved it's own thread.