Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1002589 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #4475 on: September 30, 2013, 10:35:20 AM »
have I already yelled at you for getting a rough ridin' 30k United? was it pretty bad?

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: September 30, 2013, 10:43:38 AM »
have I already yelled at you for getting a rough ridin' 30k United? was it pretty bad?

yeah, you got me pretty good for that one. 50K AA MC approved, tho. so maybe this can be like a congrats for sucking less this time kind of thing...?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: October 16, 2013, 12:00:50 PM »
just got approved for the hyatt chase card -- how long does it take for platinum status to show up on my hyatt account?  booking a trip to vegas in february and I want to link my mlife account to my hyatt so I can see if I get better offers for aria.
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: October 16, 2013, 12:10:50 PM »
just got approved for the hyatt chase card -- how long does it take for platinum status to show up on my hyatt account?  booking a trip to vegas in february and I want to link my mlife account to my hyatt so I can see if I get better offers for aria.

I think it's almost immediate

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: October 16, 2013, 12:16:04 PM »

harrumph.  I can't figure out where on the hyatt website to view my current status.   :confused:
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: October 16, 2013, 12:18:50 PM »

harrumph.  I can't figure out where on the hyatt website to view my current status.   :confused:

click on your name up in the top right hand. it will make a big box that comes down and on the upper left of that will be your status listed as "PLATINUM MEMBER" (or whatever you are) with "Mr. Goodfor Another" underneath it. You may have to activate the card first. I have no idea really.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: October 16, 2013, 12:20:34 PM »
Mine says:

PLATINUM MEMBER
MR. STEVE DAVE 
Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum Membership is Rewarding
As a Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum member,
enjoy a premium level of benefits on every stay.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: October 16, 2013, 12:22:04 PM »

click on your name up in the top right hand. it will make a big box that comes down and on the upper left of that will be your status listed as "PLATINUM MEMBER" (or whatever you are) with "Mr. Goodfor Another" underneath it. You may have to activate the card first. I have no idea really.

ah, that's what I was thinking.  just says gold passport member as of now.  I emailed them, maybe they'll fix it quick for me.   :crossfingers:

I already had 3 chase cards before this so I was a little nervous about approval, but they gave me a credit line on the hyatt card that's more than the other three cards combined.   :runaway:
emaw

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: October 16, 2013, 02:24:44 PM »
up to 10 days per the email they sent me.  didn't end up mattering.  I called the aria vip line and they gave me a room for $79/night + $140 resort credit.  so essentially $100 for 3 nights.  then if I'm reading this right, once I get the mlife gold, I can get a room upgrade if it's available, so hopefully I can swing a sky suite or at the very least a strip facing room.
emaw

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: October 17, 2013, 07:31:42 AM »
WonderMeal is back and ready for Round II in the credit card world after dominating the Chase Ink Bold and US Airways MC (woof city, merger).

I need an Amex and Mrs. Wondermeal just got a Platinum offer for 100,000 membership rewards points after $3000 spend. That's the highest number I've seen on an Amex, but is the $450 annual fee worth it? Should I get a card with a smaller bonus but no annual fee?

Also, what other cards should I get in Round II? In general I like the idea of hoarding UR points, but airline miles are #1b on the priority list. I'm not sure what I can and can't do since I just got a Chase card, so I'll listen off air and hope to be bumped up to Varsity by the time Round III comes around.

Online puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #4485 on: October 18, 2013, 02:10:23 PM »
This CC crap just got real for me.

MHK-BOS round trips for 2 for FREE.

I can't believe I haven't been doing this my whole life.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: October 19, 2013, 11:08:15 AM »
i'm ready for a new card or two as well, wondermeal.  if i see any good deals, i'll let you know.  please do the same.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: October 19, 2013, 12:41:55 PM »
Sorry. Safe bets are all the usual suspects (50k AA, 50k United, Sapphire preferred (I can refer you!), 50k SW, Ink). There is an interesting 50k Lufthansa miles and more offer that an get you cheap united domestic flights. You should be fine for another Chase if it's been a few months. That 100k plat Amex is a pretty good offer and comes with a ton of perks. Worth the $450 fee if used properly.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: October 19, 2013, 12:42:30 PM »
Also plains is the dumbest. Don't even have their own school.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: October 19, 2013, 12:54:31 PM »
You should be fine for another Chase if it's been a few months.
Wait, do I need to wait a few months between an Sapphire Preferred and an Ink? I'm doing this for my parents.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: October 19, 2013, 02:56:06 PM »
You should be fine for another Chase if it's been a few months.
Wait, do I need to wait a few months between an Sapphire Preferred and an Ink? I'm doing this for my parents.

probably not since the ink is a business card.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: October 20, 2013, 09:30:03 AM »
Any idea if I can get the Sapphire Preferred if I just have the regular Sapphire?  I didn't know the non preferred even existed until it showed up in my mailbox with a 100k offer.  I use it mainly for meals at 2x points. 

TIA

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: October 20, 2013, 09:35:09 AM »
Also, I'm not traveling as much for work anymore so I'm prob going to have to drop membership rewards on my corp Amex. I'm not using it enough to justify the 90 fee anymore. Won't I have to use my points pretty soon after I cancel it?  What is the best place to transfer for non travel related rewards? 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: October 20, 2013, 10:20:10 AM »
Any idea if I can get the Sapphire Preferred if I just have the regular Sapphire?  I didn't know the non preferred even existed until it showed up in my mailbox with a 100k offer.  I use it mainly for meals at 2x points. 

TIA

you should be able to. that is an amazing offer fwiw. get it immediately.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: October 20, 2013, 10:21:05 AM »
Also, I'm not traveling as much for work anymore so I'm prob going to have to drop membership rewards on my corp Amex. I'm not using it enough to justify the 90 fee anymore. Won't I have to use my points pretty soon after I cancel it?  What is the best place to transfer for non travel related rewards?

I have no idea but all the options will be awful. maybe just get some terrible redemption lowes gift cards or something.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: October 20, 2013, 11:47:53 AM »
That is what I usually do anyway. $100 for 10k points.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: October 20, 2013, 12:12:25 PM »

I have no idea but all the options will be awful. maybe just get some terrible redemption lowes gift cards or something.

SW's gift card redemption options are a cent per point.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: October 20, 2013, 12:44:18 PM »

TIA
:horrorsurprise:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: October 20, 2013, 02:44:58 PM »

TIA
:horrorsurprise:

Threw it away at first too.   :horrorsurprise:

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: October 21, 2013, 09:45:17 AM »
so these marriott travel packages are a great deal, right?  unless I'm missing something they appear to be the best way to use marriott points. whenever I rack up a few hundred thousand points I'm doing that.
emaw