Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1004224 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #4350 on: August 26, 2013, 10:45:29 PM »
apparently crap was going haywire for a while recently with people churning cards like every 8 days or something Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  obviously that didn't last long and now we're back to not knowing what the eff the rules are for the citi aa cards.   :curse:  they appear to be updating the wiki post at the front of this thread like every 5 hours now because nobody really knows what the hell is going on.  :sdeek:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1475783-citi-aa-credit-cards-best-offers-now-50k-read-wikipost-first-99.html

it sounds like it's basically the same except they changed the 3 days rule to a week?  i guess in 14/18 months we'll find out if they changed that rule, but didn't apply it retroactively.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: August 26, 2013, 11:12:09 PM »
Sapphire Preffered came in the mail today. I'm not 100% sure but this is a different card than I have seen in the past. Its darker, I think. Still sexy, though.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: August 27, 2013, 10:01:39 AM »
apparently crap was going haywire for a while recently with people churning cards like every 8 days or something Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  obviously that didn't last long and now we're back to not knowing what the eff the rules are for the citi aa cards.   :curse:  they appear to be updating the wiki post at the front of this thread like every 5 hours now because nobody really knows what the hell is going on.  :sdeek:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1475783-citi-aa-credit-cards-best-offers-now-50k-read-wikipost-first-99.html

it sounds like it's basically the same except they changed the 3 days rule to a week?  i guess in 14/18 months we'll find out if they changed that rule, but didn't apply it retroactively.

latest reports are that some are being told that since they had previously had an AA card (at ANY time) that they would not be issued a new card ever.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: August 27, 2013, 11:05:30 AM »

latest reports are that some are being told that since they had previously had an AA card (at ANY time) that they would not be issued a new card ever.
yeah. kinda looking like the beginning of the end :frown:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: August 27, 2013, 11:09:18 AM »
sucks, I was just coming up on a churn date too...

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: August 27, 2013, 01:56:16 PM »
sucks, I was just coming up on a churn date too...
ditto. 

if citi is going to try and eliminate churning they're also going to have to improve their website/customer service/card benefits if they're going to compete with chase.  you can make a good case that the annual fee is worth it for the annual benefits of nearly every chase card.  the opposite is true for citi.  I think they're going to find out pretty quickly that their cardholder numbers are being inflated fairly substantially by people applying over and over just to get the bonuses.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: August 28, 2013, 07:59:09 AM »
aaaaaaaand now aadvantage is charging fuel surcharges...on all international flights...on all carriers  :runaway:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: August 28, 2013, 08:03:20 AM »
aaaaaaaand now aadvantage is charging fuel surcharges...on all international flights...on all carriers  :runaway:

this is rough ridin' awful. AA transatlantic premium cabin award space has been almost impossible to find lately. I think they just finally realized they have billions of AA miles floating around out there and they better devalue the crap out of them ASAP. UA just became even more BITB. but, if they follow suit, holy crap I'll be mad.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: August 28, 2013, 08:05:02 AM »

this is rough ridin' awful
yeah.  what a terrible year it's been for this hobby.  :frown:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: August 28, 2013, 08:06:58 AM »

this is rough ridin' awful
yeah.  what a terrible year it's been for this hobby.  :frown:

It's been a pretty amazing year for United and Hyatt people (who just happen to be the best smelling and looking people anyway).

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: August 28, 2013, 08:19:42 AM »
How much are fuel surcharges for a transatlantic flight? 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: August 28, 2013, 08:22:34 AM »
How much are fuel surcharges for a transatlantic flight?

Actually, right now nothing. Just checked and did a fake booking on AA July 19, 2014 (OMA-LHR) in coach and biz it was the usual 30k & 50k miles and $5. I'll try some other bookings and report results.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: August 28, 2013, 08:24:57 AM »
this is horrible. i'm sitting on 250k AA with no immediate plans to use them but was wanting to use them to fly international in two years. might need to move it up?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: August 28, 2013, 08:25:43 AM »
on BA the fuel surcharges are $397.20 for a one way coach LRH-OMA 7-17-2014. but, BA has always had fuel charges using AA miles.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: August 28, 2013, 08:26:48 AM »
LHR-OMA in Biz on AA July 23, 2014 is $296.90. But, OMA-LHR on AA in biz that same day is $7.50.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4365 on: August 28, 2013, 08:29:22 AM »
LHR has some weird charges of their own though so I don't know how much of this would be fuel surcharges. Given they are only showing on flights departing LHR my guess is they aren't.

OMA-CDG is the usual 30k miles and $5 in coach on 7-21-2014

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: August 28, 2013, 08:30:47 AM »
I don't think the alleged coming fuel charges are showing up on AA metal transatlantic yet. If you want to book something now is the time.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: August 28, 2013, 08:35:46 AM »
Yeah, FCO-OMA 7-21-2014 anytime coach award because they don't really do saver from Rome is 60k miles and $62 which will just be airport charges.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: August 28, 2013, 08:37:15 AM »
MUC-OMA with the first two legs being on air berlin (which hasn't had fuel surcharges to now) is the usual 30k miles and $129 in charges which again will just be airport charges and not the alleged coming fuel surcharges.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: August 28, 2013, 08:44:41 AM »
Do skymiles have these surcharges already? I have never used them for intl flight yet since I am pretty green but when I have done hypothetical intl itineraries the airport fees are usually around $100-$300 depending on where/how many stops. They were not worded as fuel surcharges, but more like taxes of some kind. Tia sd

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: August 28, 2013, 08:48:50 AM »
Do skymiles have these surcharges already? I have never used them for intl flight yet since I am pretty green but when I have done hypothetical intl itineraries the airport fees are usually around $100-$300 depending on where/how many stops. They were not worded as fuel surcharges, but more like taxes of some kind. Tia sd

no. they also don't charge them on KLM, Air France or Alitalia, Korean or Virgin Australia.

Here's a breakdown on the partner surcharges:

http://milevalue.com/surcharge-info-on-all-delta-skymiles-partners/

they also just partnered with Virgin Atlantic but they have really bad fuel surcharges with them. Like, $600 each way.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: August 28, 2013, 09:01:09 AM »

no. they also don't charge them on KLM, Air France or Alitalia, Korean or Virgin Australia.

Here's a breakdown on the partner surcharges:

http://milevalue.com/surcharge-info-on-all-delta-skymiles-partners/

Thanks. That guy was pretty butt hurt considering delta and the majority of its partners do not have surcharges.
Sidenote I would love to go to Seoul for 70k miles!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: August 28, 2013, 09:02:19 AM »
oh yeah, nobody gets butthurt more than flyertalk type people get butthurt.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: August 28, 2013, 09:03:08 AM »
this is horrible. i'm sitting on 250k AA with no immediate plans to use them but was wanting to use them to fly international in two years. might need to move it up?

good example (along with the Hilton deval) as to why you should never hoard miles/points. the rate of inflation is ridiculous. turn and burn!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: August 28, 2013, 09:05:45 AM »

Why haven't you gone to Tokyo yet, like, three times?