Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1005113 times)

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #4125 on: July 18, 2013, 04:52:10 PM »
also minsky's which supports the townie pizza theory
emaw

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: July 18, 2013, 05:48:43 PM »

Majestic, Farmhouse, Nicas, Grunauer, Teocali all pretty solid places on there

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: July 18, 2013, 06:00:36 PM »
looks like KC area points guys just hit the jackpot  :thumbs:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: July 18, 2013, 06:03:59 PM »

I think that's where like 30% of my points on any card have come from for years.....(got a badass over here)

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: July 18, 2013, 10:26:01 PM »
It's mostly shitty places in lawrence and there's only like 4 of them so the first time I got an email notifying me of my points was from BierBeisl (badass austrian restaurant) in beverly hills. I signed up for it like 2 months before that and totally forgot about it so it caught me off guard.

so there are some good restaurants but it seems really hit and miss.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: July 18, 2013, 11:32:08 PM »
zero places  :don'tcare:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #4131 on: July 18, 2013, 11:37:14 PM »

I would be ok with a separate Teocali thread. Delish pants

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: July 18, 2013, 11:40:54 PM »

Blow-off Conrad's birthday, come down for the OSU game, and I'll let you buy me dinner at an awesome Jamaican place in Tulsa that's part of this. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: July 19, 2013, 08:10:02 AM »

yeah and JOHNNY'S TAVERN yeeeeeeeaaaah bruh
emaw

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: July 19, 2013, 08:11:50 AM »

I think that's where like 30% of my points on any card have come from for years.....(got a badass over here)

yep

you also get the 10 points for doing reviews which is great for giving me something to do while at work
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: July 20, 2013, 06:28:26 PM »
Hyatt bought 20% of Playa Hotels & Resorts which are all inclusives in the Dominican, Jamaica and Mexico. Looks like they will be redeemable with points and will earn points. the properties are Dreams, Secrets and Barcelo resorts. This is a pretty big deal because these are pretty legit brands in the all inclusive industry. This, to go with their new Vegas footprint, is making Hyatt BITB in everything except small/mattress warrior hotels which they will never catch PC, Hilton, Marriott in anyway.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323309404578615631573338700.html

Hyatt to Spend $325 Million to Enter All-Inclusive Resort Market

By SAABIRA CHAUDHURI CONNECT
Hyatt Hotels Corp. H -0.75% said it is taking a stake in Playa Hotels & Resorts BV with a $325 million investment, marking its entry into the all-inclusive resort market.

Hyatt will spend $100 million for a 20% ownership stake and $225 million for convertible preferred stock in Playa, a privately held hotel-investment company.

"The all-inclusive segment has grown rapidly over the past 20 years," said Stephen Haggerty, global head of real estate and capital strategy for Hyatt, noting that Playa will enable it to tap that growth.

Playa's hotel portfolio will include 13 resorts totaling about 5,800 rooms across the Dominican Republic, Mexico and Jamaica. Playa will sign franchise agreements with Hyatt for six of the 13 resorts, which will operate under Hyatt brands after renovations are completed.

Under the agreement with Hyatt, Playa will have certain rights to operate Hyatt-branded all-inclusive resorts in five Latin American and Caribbean countries on an exclusive basis through 2018.

Hyatt noted the first two all-inclusive resorts, located in Mexico, will be introduced later this year. Four additional resorts in Jamaica, Mexico and the Dominican Republic are expected to be introduced in 2014 and 2015.

The investment is expected to occur during the third quarter.

Hyatt is among a number of U.S. hotel companies that are aggressively expanding overseas amid a global recovery in demand, especially among business travelers. To aid its international-growth strategy, the company has worked to realign its operations into three regions—Asia, the Americas and Europe, Africa and Middle East—supported by a global-operations center.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: July 20, 2013, 07:07:47 PM »
SD/RD, thoughts on Citi Prestige?  Seems to have a few decent perks but a lot of value is based on spent money.  Getting Global Pass could be nice.  4th night free at some nice hotels wouldn't be bad, but you would be paying full for the first 3 nights, I'm sure.  Companion economy ticket could be nice but you would have to pay for the first ticket.  $200 credit could be useful to cover baggage fees, even on an award flight though.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: July 20, 2013, 07:10:09 PM »
SD/RD, thoughts on Citi Prestige?  Seems to have a few decent perks but a lot of value is based on spent money.  Getting Global Pass could be nice.  4th night free at some nice hotels wouldn't be bad, but you would be paying full for the first 3 nights, I'm sure.  Companion economy ticket could be nice but you would have to pay for the first ticket.  $200 credit could be useful to cover baggage fees, even on an award flight though.

yeah, I'm not travelling enough now to make use of a lot of that and, if you are, you probably don't need some of that because you will get it anyway. If you are going to pay a $400 annual fee the Plat. Amex seems to provide better value. plus citi points are garbage.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: July 20, 2013, 07:16:49 PM »
:horrorsurprise: Somehow gleaned over the annual fee

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: July 25, 2013, 12:02:30 AM »
Hey guys, SS here. I have a question regarding Chase Ultimate Rewards. I recently got the 40,000 point bonus with my Chase Sapphire Preferred, and I'm trying to figure out the best option for transferring my points. Out of the travel partners that you can transfer points to, I really only use Southwest regularly since I primarily stay in Hilton hotels. I do have some points with United, Priority Club, and Marriott, though. Basically, I'm just seeing if there is a travel partner that would be better for the 1:1 point transfer than Southwest since I really have no concept of how far the points go at these other hotels/airlines.

Here are all of the options:

United Airlines
Southwest Airlines
British Airways
Korean Airlines
Virgin Atlantic
Amtrak
Hyatt
Marriott
Priority Club
Ritz Carlton

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4140 on: July 25, 2013, 11:14:32 AM »
don't transfer them until you have a booking you want to make. they are more valuable left as UR points than as any single mile/point they partner with. unless you are going to close your chase account then either Hyatt or United provide the best value.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: July 25, 2013, 11:15:48 AM »
US to join OneWorld on Nov. 1. So, if you have any star alliance bookings you want to make with your US miles that appears to be your deadline (at the latest, could get kicked out earlier)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: July 25, 2013, 11:30:13 AM »
don't transfer them until you have a booking you want to make. they are more valuable left as UR points than as any single mile/point they partner with.

this is good advice. asking the original question though, is kind of like asking someone you don't know what you should have for lunch. i mean do you like seafood? cause if not, then seafood would be a pretty horrible thing to recommend. there's just too many unknown variables.

ex- i transferred 40k ur to southwest and then southwest to airtran and booked two roundtrip flights to aruba. that worked well for me because 1) i liked the idea of going to aruba and 2) it was the only way that those 40k UR points would get me there. if your plan is to go to hawaii or paris then this would be a really stupid plan because airtran does not fly there.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: July 25, 2013, 11:46:26 AM »
don't transfer them until you have a booking you want to make. they are more valuable left as UR points than as any single mile/point they partner with.

this is good advice. asking the original question though, is kind of like asking someone you don't know what you should have for lunch. i mean do you like seafood? cause if not, then seafood would be a pretty horrible thing to recommend. there's just too many unknown variables.

ex- i transferred 40k ur to southwest and then southwest to airtran and booked two roundtrip flights to aruba. that worked well for me because 1) i liked the idea of going to aruba and 2) it was the only way that those 40k UR points would get me there. if your plan is to go to hawaii or paris then this would be a really stupid plan because airtran does not fly there.

well, the OP did say he primarily uses SW.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: July 26, 2013, 08:40:25 AM »
For you people who don't like calling to cancel your cards on the phone I just cancelled three Amex cards over live chat or whatever. Was pretty quick and painless.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: July 26, 2013, 09:07:28 AM »
For you people who don't like calling to cancel your cards on the phone I just cancelled three Amex cards over live chat or whatever. Was pretty quick and painless.

wow steve, text message breakup? What did that card ever do to you except give you loads of free points and stuff? What did you ever do for that card? Relationship is a two-way street man.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: July 26, 2013, 09:58:19 AM »
Do those Hyatt nights expire with the Hyatt bonus sign up?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: July 26, 2013, 09:59:12 AM »
Do those Hyatt nights expire with the Hyatt bonus sign up?

yes, you have like a year to book them iirc

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: July 26, 2013, 01:39:06 PM »

oh man, what a breakthrough.  i'm going to go try and chat cancel a card right now.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: July 27, 2013, 08:56:02 AM »
mrs. dave just called to cancel her Citi AA Visa and was given a $95 statement credit and 750 miles to keep it. it wasn't to offset an annual fee or anything because it wasn't due for another 6 months. pretty baller.