Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1004919 times)

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3925 on: June 16, 2013, 03:10:55 PM »
I could tell gE was at Auntie Mae's by the wall of elite rewards cards signifying open tabs behind the bar.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: June 16, 2013, 03:11:45 PM »
I could tell gE was at Auntie Mae's by the wall of elite rewards cards signifying open tabs behind the bar.

I almost took a picture.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: June 16, 2013, 04:14:10 PM »

yes. was very lol. sapphire, sapphire, southwest, chase freedom, sapphire, southwest, aa citi...

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: June 16, 2013, 04:45:50 PM »

I almost took a picture.

Me too but I didn't think they'd appreciate someone taking a photo of all the customers credit cards.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: June 16, 2013, 08:19:44 PM »
If you haven't applied for the Chase INK business card yet and want to, hold off until Sunday, June 16th for additional bonus offers. So greater than 50k UR?!?!?!

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/06/14/chase-national-small-business-week-special-offers/

Glad I rough ridin' applied and was approved YESTERDAY! I'm calling.

check back about 100 pages in this thread and you will find my greatest success in card applications: 100k UR bonus for initial sapphire preferred card   :cool:

Got that with the no fee Sapphire randomly in the mail one day.  I threw it away first.  No idea why or how.  I have kept it as my everyday card since it doesn't have the annual fee.  It felt pretty great. 

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3930 on: June 17, 2013, 07:35:48 AM »
going to burn through 150k AA miles and 110k UR points in about a month booking the new Andaz Maui. pretty excited to get that one on the books.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: June 17, 2013, 09:14:52 AM »
my fiancée got an offer for a citi aa card and applied for it. she only got like 30k bonus points. :cry:
emaw

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: June 17, 2013, 09:20:18 AM »
my fiancée got an offer for a citi aa card and applied for it. she only got like 30k bonus points. :cry:

have you considered that she may be, like, a dumbass?

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: June 17, 2013, 09:28:28 PM »

have you considered that she may be, like, a dumbass?

she's super smart but not a lot of common sense.  told her in the future to run all these things by me first.
emaw

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: June 17, 2013, 09:58:03 PM »
60k Ink offers are live

I have a Canadian Friend who posted ITT a while ago about wanting to get started, but then he got cold feet and forgot about it and everything. Now he doesn't feel very elite because he only has a pud BoA rewards card from forever ago, but he hopes to feel elite pretty soon!

Is this Ink offer the offer that should get me him in the game? Not really sure what UR points do or if they can be turned into something else.

Also, if it IS the offer to get him in the game, what else should he apply for on the same day? He really likes the idea of getting US Air and AA cards so when they combine their miles soon, he'll be all set to fly back to see our o-line mush faces next year.

Meeting spends are not a problem, because  :kstategrad:.  Actually have a legit business. Own house/just bought car, so time is right.

Plane tickets are his primary objective here...are the UR points even worth it?

:AA:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: June 17, 2013, 10:00:11 PM »
going to burn through 150k AA miles and 110k UR points in about a month booking the new Andaz Maui. pretty excited to get that one on the books.
:thumbs:
stud

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: June 17, 2013, 10:06:47 PM »
60k Ink offers are live

I have a Canadian Friend who posted ITT a while ago about wanting to get started, but then he got cold feet and forgot about it and everything. Now he doesn't feel very elite because he only has a pud BoA rewards card from forever ago, but he hopes to feel elite pretty soon!

Is this Ink offer the offer that should get me him in the game? Not really sure what UR points do or if they can be turned into something else.

Also, if it IS the offer to get him in the game, what else should he apply for on the same day? He really likes the idea of getting US Air and AA cards so when they combine their miles soon, he'll be all set to fly back to see our o-line mush faces next year.

Meeting spends are not a problem, because  :kstategrad:.  Actually have a legit business. Own house/just bought car, so time is right.

UR will transfer to numerous different reward programs at different redemption rates; priority club, hyatt, SW, United are just a few off the top of my head. You could do the ink bold, us airway, and citi aa cards all on the same day because they all go through different banks, that would be a pretty good start.

Here are some blogs for beginners:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemileatatime/
http://millionmilesecrets.com/  (I know I'll take crap from ricky d and SD for this one, but it is a very good step by step blog for newbies)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 10:14:02 PM by raquetcat »
I'm purple down

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: June 17, 2013, 10:33:15 PM »
Actually have a legit business.

you're going to own this thread.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: June 18, 2013, 09:25:21 AM »

depends what you like to fly. UR are the best way to get United miles (other than the United cards themselves) and United miles are the most valuable mile out there. but, if you are in MHK and want to fly AA then they aren't.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: June 18, 2013, 09:28:08 AM »
I want to fly AA, can I assume AA miles are the best?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: June 18, 2013, 09:29:29 AM »
I want to fly AA, can I assume AA miles are the best?

it depends where you want to fly out of and to. like, BA miles are better if you want to fly AA out of MHK into DFW or ORD and a bunch of other domestic routes. BA miles are also better for late bookings because you avoid the AA late award booking fee.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: June 18, 2013, 04:19:28 PM »
called the Chase automated line to check my Ink Bold status, got approved.   Now just need the card in time to make a AMZN payment this month.    :bill:

Offline 311Cat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: June 19, 2013, 10:01:12 AM »
New to the cc thread....On a cc with a $3-5000 spend down or whatever; could I just take out a personal loan for that amount, then pay the loan off with the cc, then pay the cc off with the cash that I borrowed and BAM spend down met and bonus points earned?  This seems too easy, basically getting free money from the cc.  Any red flags this sends to them?

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: June 19, 2013, 10:08:28 AM »
New to the cc thread....On a cc with a $3-5000 spend down or whatever; could I just take out a personal loan for that amount, then pay the loan off with the cc, then pay the cc off with the cash that I borrowed and BAM spend down met and bonus points earned?  This seems too easy, basically getting free money from the cc.  Any red flags this sends to them?

cant pay off credit with credit, so no. also, the loan interest rate would murder your cc points rate. get a card or two with a smaller spending bonus and meet that, then worry about the cards with better point returns and higher spends when you can afford to.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: June 19, 2013, 10:48:04 AM »

no to all of that

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #3945 on: June 19, 2013, 11:20:34 AM »
this entire thread is about getting free money from credit cards...just not like that.  there's a bazillion ways to "manufacture spend", but that's not one of them. 
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: June 19, 2013, 12:22:07 PM »
mrs. dave just got the 70k marriott card and it is made like the Sapphire Preferred. Chase must be doing that for a lot of their cards now.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: June 19, 2013, 12:25:01 PM »
mrs. dave just got the 70k marriott card and it is made like the Sapphire Preferred. Chase must be doing that for a lot of their cards now.

did you hear me talk about the ritz replacement they sent me a month ago? it's beyond absurd.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: June 19, 2013, 12:26:37 PM »

did you hear me talk about the ritz replacement they sent me a month ago? it's beyond absurd.

yeah, is it just fatter or what?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: June 19, 2013, 12:28:34 PM »

yeah, is it just fatter or what?

not just fatter. i think it might be made of steel.