Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1003478 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3875 on: June 05, 2013, 09:25:45 PM »
sd, I want to go somewhere tropical next, what credit cards should I get!?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: June 05, 2013, 09:26:02 PM »
this is really fun btw  :D

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: June 06, 2013, 07:05:12 AM »

I don't remember which ones you already have. post them and a list of tropical places you would like to go. I suggest Kauai.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: June 06, 2013, 09:07:20 AM »

I don't remember which ones you already have. post them and a list of tropical places you would like to go. I suggest Kauai.
chase freedom :( , sw airlines, british airways, that hawaiian card, some amazon card I need to get rid of and that chiefs barclays card that paid back $400..

and destination anywhere warm where I don't have to do anything but binge

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: June 06, 2013, 09:09:29 AM »

chase freedom :( , sw airlines, british airways, some amazon card I need to get rid of and that chiefs barclays card that paid back $400..

and destination anywhere warm where I don't have to do anything but binge

oh man, you can do anything you want. I'd start getting ultimate rewards points because they are easy to get and you already have the freedom card to attach to a UR card. get a sapphire preferred and an ink (each of you). then let me know when you've hit the spend on both and have the points.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: June 06, 2013, 10:53:41 AM »
Lucky noted a lot of recent chatter about British Airways award space drying up in the past few weeks. He says it just isn’t so — space dried up a long time before that — and I agree. I’ve even had a note to myself since December to write about “where have all the premium cabin award seats on BA gone?”

:lol:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfromthewing/2013/06/06/where-did-all-of-the-british-airways-award-seats-go/

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: June 06, 2013, 11:00:35 AM »
Lucky noted a lot of recent chatter about British Airways award space drying up in the past few weeks. He says it just isn’t so — space dried up a long time before that — and I agree. I’ve even had a note to myself since December to write about “where have all the premium cabin award seats on BA gone?”

:lol:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfromthewing/2013/06/06/where-did-all-of-the-british-airways-award-seats-go/

omfg  :lol:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: June 12, 2013, 08:54:26 AM »
mommy points airing the family's dirty laundry. little c's dad was previously married, had a nasty divorce, filed for bankruptcy, has bad credit, is a chiefs fan

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/mommypoints/2013/06/12/my-husbands-first-reward-credit-card-applications/

:sdeek:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: June 12, 2013, 11:02:03 AM »
mommy points airing the family's dirty laundry. little c's dad was previously married, had a nasty divorce, filed for bankruptcy, has bad credit, is a chiefs fan

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/mommypoints/2013/06/12/my-husbands-first-reward-credit-card-applications/

:sdeek:

CHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ChodoCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3885 on: June 12, 2013, 04:59:27 PM »
yeah, you won't be able to get those SW cards again in a couple years. prolly, like, 6 years or so if they still exist. or if they change the card in a major way and it becomes a "new" product.

SD, you sure about this? I cancelled my wifes sapphire preferred account in January, and applied her for a new sapphire preferred early May. I called when I applied to verify she was eligible for the 40k bonus and they said yes. I just called again b/c we met the $3k spend and wanted to verify the 40k points would be applied. They confirmed the 40k points will hit her account July 5th.

Are you saying Chase in general doesn't allow you to churn the same cards or just the SW cards? B/c I was going to do the exact same thing with my sapphire preferred account and rack up another 40k.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3886 on: June 12, 2013, 05:55:44 PM »
yeah, you won't be able to get those SW cards again in a couple years. prolly, like, 6 years or so if they still exist. or if they change the card in a major way and it becomes a "new" product.

SD, you sure about this? I cancelled my wifes sapphire preferred account in January, and applied her for a new sapphire preferred early May. I called when I applied to verify she was eligible for the 40k bonus and they said yes. I just called again b/c we met the $3k spend and wanted to verify the 40k points would be applied. They confirmed the 40k points will hit her account July 5th.

Are you saying Chase in general doesn't allow you to churn the same cards or just the SW cards? B/c I was going to do the exact same thing with my sapphire preferred account and rack up another 40k.
are you sure it was the exact same card under her name? this is a rule with all chase cards so there's no way she would've got the bonus twice on the same card. or she's the only one ever in history.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3887 on: June 12, 2013, 06:42:53 PM »
That's great if so chodo. Normally not possible. Congrats.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: June 12, 2013, 08:51:32 PM »

yes to the top thing. chase should consider you for a Sapphire later in the year.

I got mine earlier this year. The Chipotle girl loved how sturdy it was during #PCKK7DC.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: June 12, 2013, 09:41:40 PM »
If u guys think the sapphire is thick, you'll freak at the new ritz Carlton I got in the mail last week. Makes the sapphire look and feel like a live of paper.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: June 12, 2013, 10:01:25 PM »
I met the spend bonus on my AA card, what card should I get next?  I only have AA miles at this point, so I'm pretty wide open.  Doesn't matter to me if the next one is for hotel points or airline miles, whichever card has the best reward value, I guess.  Tia.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3891 on: June 12, 2013, 10:11:56 PM »
I met the spend bonus on my AA card, what card should I get next?  I only have AA miles at this point, so I'm pretty wide open.  Doesn't matter to me if the next one is for hotel points or airline miles, whichever card has the best reward value, I guess.  Tia.
Chase sapphire preferred will get you a lot of points with good versatility to use at hotels or airlines
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: June 13, 2013, 07:54:11 AM »

also, are you sure you just didn't get some great bonus on the regular sapphire and not two sapphire preferreds? fwiw everyone, when I say sapphire I am talking about the sapphire preferred. the UR cards are kinda confusing.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3893 on: June 13, 2013, 09:14:36 AM »
Chase sapphire preferred will get you a lot of points with good versatility to use at hotels or airlines
So UR points are the way to go? I should just run through all the chase cards over the next year?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: June 13, 2013, 09:17:28 AM »

also, are you sure you just didn't get some great bonus on the regular sapphire and not two sapphire preferreds? fwiw everyone, when I say sapphire I am talking about the sapphire preferred. the UR cards are kinda confusing.

there is a visa and a mastercard sapphire preferred. my guess is he applied for the visa first and then (maybe unknowingly) applied for the mastercard the second time. that would get you the bonus twice.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: June 13, 2013, 09:53:54 AM »

there is a visa and a mastercard sapphire preferred. my guess is he applied for the visa first and then (maybe unknowingly) applied for the mastercard the second time. that would get you the bonus twice.

I think they will make you cancel the first one before getting the other one which would fit this.

Offline ChodoCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: June 13, 2013, 11:58:04 AM »

I think they will make you cancel the first one before getting the other one which would fit this.

Good question about the master card. There is actually no way to apply for the sapphire preferred mastercard online now. It was removed from mastercards website, around late April.

http://milecards.com/6077/it-still-exists-mastercard-chase-sapphire-preferred/.

When I applied (my wife) early May I was not aware that you could not apply online for the mastercard sapphire preferred so I googled sapphire preferred MC and found a link. Applied, called to make sure I would get the 40k bonus. I had in fact applied for the visa card and they said I was eligble for the 40k bonus (even though my wife had received this bonus less than a year ago). Since I thought I was applying for the mastercard and wanted the mastercard, I asked them to switch the account. They sent me the visa card next day (b/c I told them I needed it for a big purchase), then they sent the new master card a few days later, I called and the switched everything over. So maybe that all had something to do with being able to get the bonus, but initially when it was a visa card, the 40k bonus was still in play.

Yesterday, sapphire preferred told me that currently there is no way to apply for the sapphire preferred mastercard. You have to apply for the visa, then request it to be switched to the mastercard, like the mess I had to go through.

So just to be straight with this. My wife had a sapphire preferred visa account and received the 40k bonus. In January 2013 I downgraded to the "non-preferred" subsequent to the 7% annual dividend and annual $95 fee (but within 30 days of the annual fee charge). So I received the 7% annual dividend, downgraded the card to non-preferred, had the $95 fee reversed since I called withinn 30 days of the charge and kept the dividend. This is a great trick by the way! I think a month or so later, I cancelled her non-preferred account. Then early May, I unknowingly applied my wife for the visa sapphire preferred (thinking I was applying for the mastercard sapphire preferred) and was approved with the bonus in tact.

I just downgraded my sapphire preferred visa to "non-preferred" and will try the exact same thing in 3 months. I just applied for the Ink Plus business and was approved. So between the 2 sapphire preferreds (cancel then reapply bonuses), 2 freedoms (5X categories), and 1 Ink plus bonus, I should get 178k UR bonus points this year, 80k sapphire preferred, 48k freedom (24k X 2), 50k Ink Plus. Might apply the wife for the Ink Plus business, once I get the $5k spend satisfied for my Ink Plus and get another 50k.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: June 13, 2013, 12:27:00 PM »
ChodoCat, I declare you a points jedi. welcome to the club.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: June 13, 2013, 12:38:07 PM »
i second the nomination. now there are three of us and the group is officially closed.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: June 13, 2013, 12:40:45 PM »
I am going to refer to that chodo post for the train I am going to run on UR next year