Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1004237 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3450 on: February 21, 2013, 08:34:43 AM »
Westin Ka'anapali and St. Regis Princeville going from 6 to 7. Stayed at the Ka'anapali Westin for 5 nights when it was a 5 in 2011. Was planning on staying 5 at the St. Regis on the next trip to Kauai  :frown:

balls.

The Westin Maui and Sheraton Maui at both still 5s. I stayed at the Westin Maui and it was good too. It's actually the SPG property that has the most reward redemptions every year.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: February 21, 2013, 09:13:21 AM »
Just realized I currently only have 4 open credit cards (not counting the ones I just applied for)

:sdeek:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: February 21, 2013, 09:19:33 AM »
Just realized I currently only have 4 open credit cards (not counting the ones I just applied for)

well if you hadn't abandoned hilton you could rack up few hundred thousand points in a couple of months.  but they need to be taught a lesson, right?
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: February 22, 2013, 03:58:34 PM »
Just hit 109645 pts for southwest.  My flight Thursday will earn that companion pass! Do I call and get the person signed up or just wait for mailing?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3454 on: February 22, 2013, 04:02:08 PM »

well if you hadn't abandoned hilton you could rack up few hundred thousand points in a couple of months.  but they need to be taught a lesson, right?

I could do that if I had 40 cards as well. I'm not sure you have a strong grasp of this stuff yet.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: February 22, 2013, 04:04:31 PM »
Westin Ka'anapali and St. Regis Princeville going from 6 to 7. Stayed at the Ka'anapali Westin for 5 nights when it was a 5 in 2011. Was planning on staying 5 at the St. Regis on the next trip to Kauai  :frown:

balls.

The Westin Maui and Sheraton Maui at both still 5s. I stayed at the Westin Maui and it was good too. It's actually the SPG property that has the most reward redemptions every year.

my tentative plan is to sign up for 2 hyatt cards, stay 2 nights at the grand hyatt kauai, drive over to the st regis princeville for 1 night using my spg card bonus, then drive back to the grand hyatt for 2 more nights.
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: February 22, 2013, 04:07:30 PM »
I would personally only change once but I hate moving properties

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: February 22, 2013, 04:29:31 PM »
I would personally only change once but I hate moving properties

may do that too.  this thing is still like 20 months away so these are more like general ideas at this point.  liked the idea of switching twice because it would let us leave the hyatt one morning, drive to the other side and have a full day or so over in the princeville area.
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: February 22, 2013, 05:05:17 PM »
You will spend over have your time on that side of the island anyway. Better food on the south side, better beaches and activity on the north side. It's a really short drive though. We drove up there 3 days in a row at one point.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: February 22, 2013, 05:26:58 PM »
You will spend over have your time on that side of the island anyway. Better food on the south side, better beaches and activity on the north side. It's a really short drive though. We drove up there 3 days in a row at one point.

that's good to hear, someone told me that it takes a while to get from one side to the other because there's no direct roads.
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: February 22, 2013, 05:30:55 PM »
Well, there's really only one big road on the island and it goes from one end of the Napali coast around the island to the other end. You can't get from one end to the other without driving all the way around. iirc It takes less than two hours to make the entire drive end to end if you don't hit traffic on the east side.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: February 22, 2013, 05:31:23 PM »
Well, there's really only one big road on the island and it goes from one end of the Napali coast around the island to the other end. You can't get from one end to the other without driving all the way around. iirc It takes less than two hours to make the entire drive end to end if you don't hit traffic on the east side.

:thumbs:
emaw

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: February 22, 2013, 10:02:40 PM »

I could do that if I had 40 cards as well. I'm not sure you have a strong grasp of this stuff yet.
boa hawaiian - 70k hhonors
barclays hawaiian - 70k hhonors
citi hilton - 50k hhonors

all very churnable.  even if you only churn them every 6 months, that's 380k hhonors for $320 in annual fees.  even if you're a complete dumbass and now value hhonors at only a third of a cent, you just essentially bought over $1,200 in hotel stays for $320...and that's not even considering the fact that virgin atlantic will bring back their 50k bonus sometime this year which could net you at least another 200k for $180 in annual fee.

have you even looked at the changes?  chicago, for instance?  the wit is really the only hotel there that went up every month and it's 60k most months instead of 50k.  oh the rough ridin' horror!  and most of the properties close to the city center stayed at a 50k average through the year with seasonal pricing...some months they're only 40k and most are 60k in june.  all the milepoint dorks are flipping their crap because some of the highest end properties went from 50k to 95k. as if they were spending weeks in the seychelles every year.  gmafb.

what other program are you going to be able to rack up that amount in free stays year after year?  none, is the correct answer there.  it's the only hotel program left with churnable cards and that's worth a fortune to anybody with a brain.  so you can go ahead and keep burning your ur points (not churnable) and spending on your hyatt and spg cards (not churnable) and I'll keep churning for hhonors points...at least until I can get a grasp on this stuff.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: February 22, 2013, 10:12:12 PM »
Rams, shut up

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: February 22, 2013, 10:20:53 PM »
 :lol: :dance:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3465 on: February 22, 2013, 10:45:09 PM »
The thing about Hilton is, their hotels suck.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: February 25, 2013, 04:02:25 PM »
If you book a hotel/flight with points and then have to cancel, do you get your points back? Specifically with American and Hilton?
I'm purple down

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: February 25, 2013, 04:03:56 PM »
Just got the 100k needed for the companion pass, can't wait to make a ton of free SW flights :excited:
I'm purple down

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: February 25, 2013, 04:06:31 PM »
If you book a hotel/flight with points and then have to cancel, do you get your points back? Specifically with American and Hilton?
yes to both.  I know hilton treats it just like a booked hotel room with normal cancellation rules and gives you back full points at no cost if you cancel in time.  not sure if aa has a cancellation fee.  us airways has a pretty steep cancellation/change fee, but not sure about aa.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: February 25, 2013, 04:08:16 PM »
steve dave its almost time to hilton up. I'm gonna need your help for London dood

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: February 25, 2013, 04:11:50 PM »

Yes

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: February 25, 2013, 04:12:33 PM »
steve dave its almost time to hilton up. I'm gonna need your help for London dood

No problemo d00d

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: February 25, 2013, 04:31:35 PM »
Should I get he target 5% cash back card. We spend a shazbot! load at target on formula and baby stuff. Seems dumb not to be getting 5%. I'll still have my other fun cards, but this seems like a good idea for me right?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: February 25, 2013, 05:20:28 PM »
Should I get he target 5% cash back card. We spend a shazbot! load at target on formula and baby stuff. Seems dumb not to be getting 5%. I'll still have my other fun cards, but this seems like a good idea for me right?

I wouldn't do it but whatever.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: February 25, 2013, 05:29:32 PM »

I have one. Adds up fast. Also gets you unlimited free shipping on target website.  Good to have if you shop there a lot.
emaw