Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1006098 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3400 on: February 13, 2013, 10:00:00 AM »
SHOTS FIRED! (no name blogger accuses Little C of shitting in the pool)

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/pointmetotheplane/2013/02/13/hilton-pool-closed-mommy-points-in-barbados/

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: February 13, 2013, 10:15:17 AM »
SHOTS FIRED! (no name blogger accuses Little C of shitting in the pool)

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/pointmetotheplane/2013/02/13/hilton-pool-closed-mommy-points-in-barbados/

Quote from: comments
best fish sandwich ever

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: February 13, 2013, 10:17:36 AM »
 :popcorn:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: February 13, 2013, 04:00:56 PM »
Quote from: Marriott
On May 16, 2013, Marriott Rewards® will be changing which hotels are in which categories as part of our regular review of all our hotels' categories. Additionally, there will be a new Category 9, requiring 45,000 points per night for a redemption stay.

Book now for the best value
•    All redemption reservations booked on or before May 15 for stays after May 16 will be honored at the point price booked. If you have not ordered your certificate prior to May 15, call Guest Services to request the lower priced certificate before your stay
•    As always, you may book redemption reservations up to 50 weeks in advance of your stay, even before having the required points in your account. For example, on May 1, 2013, you may book your redemption stay as far out as April 16, 2014
•    You can also use Cash + Points, our newest booking tool, to book your redemption stay

Yes, it appears I should spend my million points immediately!!!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3405 on: February 14, 2013, 07:44:59 AM »
So the USA CEO is going to run the new airline but they are going to call it American. I would assume they will stay on One World since United is on Star Alliance and they would be the only US carrier on One World (American already is). Star Alliance is much better imo for travel to Europe and low level award availability. USA, Lufty, Swiss, Air Canada and United all have great availability from Europe to the US. So, if you are wanting to go to Europe on US Air miles I'd plan to book that by late this year. They will probably give some kind of lead up to their leaving Star Alliance and not just shut the door at some unannounced date though. I'm currently sitting on about 180k US Air miles and about 200k AA. I'll probably book the Maui Invitational with the AA miles and drag out the USA to the last minute and book something to Europe.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: February 14, 2013, 09:39:32 AM »
you know you have a powerful brand when you nearly go bankrupt and merge with a more solvent competitor and they end up adopting your name
emaw

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: February 15, 2013, 08:39:57 AM »
Still fairly new to the game but I recived my SPG amex in the mail yesterday!  First purchase- beer tower at local dive bar.  Wanting to get in trips to Nashville, New Orleans, Chicago and Austin for the Cats game over the next 8 months with that companion pass that should be coming here in the next week or two.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: February 15, 2013, 09:37:20 AM »
Still fairly new to the game but I recived my SPG amex in the mail yesterday!  First purchase- beer tower at local dive bar.  Wanting to get in trips to Nashville, New Orleans, Chicago and Austin for the Cats game over the next 8 months with that companion pass that should be coming here in the next week or two.

I love my SPG  :love:
emaw

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: February 15, 2013, 09:39:24 AM »
my buddy got a SW card and says it's now a $99 fee but he gets 6k points yearly as a bonus.  so essentially even if you don't use the card you're making $1 because 6k points is $100 worth of wanna get away fares.  might have to call chase and bitch at them  :curse:
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: February 15, 2013, 09:40:07 AM »
that's a pretty pud thing to bitch about but they will give it to you if you got the card within 3 months usually

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: February 15, 2013, 09:40:55 AM »
that's a pretty pud thing to bitch about but they will give it to you if you got the card within 3 months usually

did you see the mommy post today? usair link for 35k with annual fee waved.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: February 15, 2013, 09:43:38 AM »

yeah, that is about equal to the 40k with a fee imo. I'm about ready to churn that thing for the third time. just got the 15k bonus posted for spending 750 on it for three months in a row so it's essentially dead to me now.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: February 15, 2013, 09:47:44 AM »

yeah, that is about equal to the 40k with a fee imo. I'm about ready to churn that thing for the third time. just got the 15k bonus posted for spending 750 on it for three months in a row so it's essentially dead to me now.

hmm. not for me i guess. also, did you see where people will just keep applying for barclay card after barclay card. like if you get approved for the usair then immediately apply for the frontier and then immediately apply for the _____ and then ______ and then ______.

i'll prob just do the 35k one and then use the annual fee that i would've spent on the usair for the frontier or whatever else looks worth it. idk.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: February 15, 2013, 09:48:24 AM »

you're pud
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: February 15, 2013, 09:49:13 AM »

hmm. not for me i guess. also, did you see where people will just keep applying for barclay card after barclay card. like if you get approved for the usair then immediately apply for the frontier and then immediately apply for the _____ and then ______ and then ______.

i'll prob just do the 35k one and then use the annual fee that i would've spent on the usair for the frontier or whatever else looks worth it. idk.

that's a good idea. I'll probably get this one again now and then the frontier again. frontier has good service from Omaha but their miles are a pain in the ass to use. barclay doesn't really have any other cards though. 10k virgin and some cash back piece of garbage.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: February 15, 2013, 09:50:55 AM »

that's a good idea. I'll probably get this one again now and then the frontier again. frontier has good service from Omaha but their miles are a pain in the ass to use. barclay doesn't really have any other cards though. 10k virgin and some cash back piece of garbage.

yeah. was going to ask you about the frontier stuff. seems worth the annual fee though even if tough to use though, no? like it might come in randomly handy is my thought i guess.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: February 15, 2013, 09:53:18 AM »
yeah, definitely still worth it. I just flew an award ticket to vegas and back on them. their main problem (imo) is that they black out certain days no matter how early you try to book. also, they only open about 4 months out. it's an even shorter window than southwest. rumblings they are going to put a hub in new orleans soon though. could get directs from Omaha which we don't have right now.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: February 15, 2013, 10:09:03 PM »
wife and I just got our first us air cards a month ago.  I hate that I didn't churn this thing every 3 months when I started a year ago.  :frown:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: February 16, 2013, 10:55:18 AM »
rumblings of Delta and Alaska Air merger or something. I've never flown Alaska but they have good service to Hawaii I think.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3420 on: February 16, 2013, 11:28:48 AM »
Alaska has free alcohol in coach.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: February 16, 2013, 11:49:25 AM »
7% Annual Points Dividend earned: 8,149 points

Your 7% annual points dividend has posted to your account and can be viewed on your January or February 2012 statements.

holy crap, just got this email, forgot about this thing on the Chase Sapphire card  :thumbs:

Should get this year's dividend soon!  :drool:

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: February 17, 2013, 09:42:51 PM »

Your 7% annual points dividend has posted to your account and can be viewed on your January or February 2012 statements.

holy crap, just got this email, forgot about this thing on the Chase Sapphire card  :thumbs:

So I'm assuming it's worth the annual fee to have Chase Sapphire Preferred rather than the regular Chase Sapphire card? Going to apply for one soon.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: February 18, 2013, 07:33:22 AM »

So I'm assuming it's worth the annual fee to have Chase Sapphire Preferred rather than the regular Chase Sapphire card? Going to apply for one soon.

I don't know anything about the regular one. But, I use the Sapphire Preferred for all of my spend

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: February 18, 2013, 08:42:07 AM »
got shot down for my 3rd US Airways card in a row for having "too many of the product in the past"