Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1005199 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2950 on: September 28, 2012, 09:56:04 PM »
basically 32 credits = 50k sw (I think)

no. its the opposite. kind of. give me a minute...

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: September 28, 2012, 10:14:02 PM »
the new southwest system of getting 50k rapid reward points can be transferred to airtran at a rate of 1,200-1 airtran point. airtran flights are bookable at the rate of 8 or 16 points for one way regardless of where you are flying to or from on airtran. 8 is lower level (coach) and 16 is (business) but there isn't much of a difference between the two. basically slightly more room and free drinks. so if the lower level is available from kc to chicago and from kc to aruba, it would cost you the same amount of points (8).

if you have airtran points and want to transfer them to southwest then they don't transfer to the new system (reward points which are basically cash), they transfer to the old southwest system which is kind of like the current airtran system. they transfer one point to one point.

what makes it kind of fun is that if you have a bunch of southwest rapid reward points and want to book a flight, you might want to book that flight using your rapid reward points or you might want to transfer to airtran and then back to southwest.

ex- say a southwest flight one way flight that you want to book is $280 and you have the new system rapid reward points. that would maybe cost you more rapid reward points to book with cash then it would to transfer 9,600 rapid reward points to airtran for 8 credits and then back to southwest for 8 credits if that flight is available on southwest for the old "8 credit one way booking".

pretty sure i didn't explain that well. google if confused. sorry.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: September 28, 2012, 10:15:49 PM »
rick, rick, rick, listen, rick, listen.....just get the points, hold on, and you have 50K SW miles. (if you don't use them on airtran)

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: September 28, 2012, 10:21:03 PM »
the new southwest system of getting 50k rapid reward points can be transferred to airtran at a rate of 1,200-1 airtran point. airtran flights are bookable at the rate of 8 or 16 points for one way regardless of where you are flying to or from on airtran. 8 is lower level (coach) and 16 is (business) but there isn't much of a difference between the two. basically slightly more room and free drinks. so if the lower level is available from kc to chicago and from kc to aruba, it would cost you the same amount of points (8).

if you have airtran points and want to transfer them to southwest then they don't transfer to the new system (reward points which are basically cash), they transfer to the old southwest system which is kind of like the current airtran system. they transfer one point to one point.

what makes it kind of fun is that if you have a bunch of southwest rapid reward points and want to book a flight, you might want to book that flight using your rapid reward points or you might want to transfer to airtran and then back to southwest.

ex- say a southwest flight one way flight that you want to book is $280 and you have the new system rapid reward points. that would maybe cost you more rapid reward points to book with cash then it would to transfer 9,600 rapid reward points to airtran for 8 credits and then back to southwest for 8 credits if that flight is available on southwest for the old "8 credit one way booking".

but the old rapid reward credit availability kind of sucks ass doesn't it?  that's my understanding.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: September 28, 2012, 10:25:40 PM »
rick, rick, rick, listen, rick, listen.....just get the points, hold on, and you have 50K SW miles. (if you don't use them on airtran)

:lol: :thumbs:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2955 on: September 28, 2012, 10:33:03 PM »

but the old rapid reward credit availability kind of sucks ass doesn't it?  that's my understanding.

from my experience (not much), it's no worse and maybe even better than other airlines. yes they capacity control but so does everyone else.

had a pretty messed up thing happen fairly recently. far to long to explain. was able to transfer some airtran points to southwest at the last second and use 8 credits to book a flight. same flight was not available on aa, usair, united.

dunno. this whole airtran card won't be around a year from now though. grab it now? probably. then grab other ones in three months and six months and nine months and etc. imo.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: September 28, 2012, 10:45:53 PM »

from my experience (not much), it's no worse and maybe even better than other airlines. yes they capacity control but so does everyone else.

had a pretty messed up thing happen fairly recently. far to long to explain. was able to transfer some airtran points to southwest at the last second and use 8 credits to book a flight. same flight was not available on aa, usair, united.

dunno. this whole airtran card won't be around a year from now though. grab it now? probably. then grab other ones in three months and six months and nine months and etc. imo.

oh absolutely.  I'd churn the eff out of it if I got targeted. 
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: September 28, 2012, 10:48:02 PM »
it's a chase card now, no churning

EDIT: dumbfucks

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: September 28, 2012, 10:51:32 PM »
it's a chase card now, no churning

EDIT: dumbfucks

:embarrassed:  I got confused when raquetcat chimed in with the barclays nfl card.

that was mean, sd

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: October 02, 2012, 07:12:08 AM »
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemileatatime/2012/10/02/an-old-dog-learns-a-new-packing-trick/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+boardingarea%2Fonemileatatime+%28One+Mile+at+a+Time%29

Could Lucky be more adorable?  :D

Last year my mom also pointed out to me that apparently there are clothing stores other than Old Navy. Who knew? She introduced me to this brand called Lacoste that has a stupid alligator logo on it (or is it a crocodile?). She told me that apparently it’s considered “cool,” and was my only chance of marrying someone on the @AmericanAir Twitter team.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2960 on: October 02, 2012, 08:12:54 AM »
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemileatatime/2012/10/02/an-old-dog-learns-a-new-packing-trick/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+boardingarea%2Fonemileatatime+%28One+Mile+at+a+Time%29

Could Lucky be more adorable?  :D

Last year my mom also pointed out to me that apparently there are clothing stores other than Old Navy. Who knew? She introduced me to this brand called Lacoste that has a stupid alligator logo on it (or is it a crocodile?). She told me that apparently it’s considered “cool,” and was my only chance of marrying someone on the @AmericanAir Twitter team.

That whole blog post was just amazing
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: October 02, 2012, 08:24:31 AM »
If I could trade places with one person on earth it may be Lucky

Offline TheCatFanSpeaks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: October 03, 2012, 09:01:04 AM »
 :D

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: October 03, 2012, 07:29:52 PM »
9m steve dave ?@stevedaveKSU
steve dave ?@stevedaveKSU
@AmericanAir 777 DFW to LHR to be more specific!

American Airlines ?@AmericanAir
@stevedaveksu Nice! The new aircraft across the pond? That should be a great flight!

steve dave ?@stevedaveKSU
Wait, are we getting the new service!? :) @AmericanAir @stevedaveksu Nice! The new aircraft across the pond? That should be a great flight!

Lucky was talking to his GFs at @americanair. I said I was worried about our booking given the recent troubles. They respond that I am lucky because I get to fly the "new aircraft" to London. I, being a travel nerd, know that I'm not getting the new jet and am getting an old one.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: October 03, 2012, 07:30:43 PM »
@stevedaveksu My apologies, the new 777 to LHR starts in Febuary! Oh no, you'll have to go then too! :) Brazil has the new 777 in Nov.

NOPE

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: October 03, 2012, 10:14:27 PM »
what is it, a 747?

biggest plane I've ever been on is a 767 and that was as short flight between Atlanta and Orlando.  :jerk:

always wanted to fly on a 747 or an A380
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2967 on: October 04, 2012, 05:48:21 AM »
777 there, 747 back

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: October 04, 2012, 09:27:24 AM »
jealous
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: October 04, 2012, 09:31:29 AM »
jealous

I'm in row 3 in the nose of the 747. I will be able to see out the window straight ahead because of the curve of the jet. in even the most minor crash I will be instantly killed on impact and probably exit the plain flying through that window.

:sdeek:

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2970 on: October 04, 2012, 09:59:36 AM »
jealous

I'm in row 3 in the nose of the 747. I will be able to see out the window straight ahead because of the curve of the jet. in even the most minor crash I will be instantly killed on impact and probably exit the plain flying through that window.

At least you would be going out in style....with a free drink in hand hopefully.   :drink:
@mikec2w

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: October 04, 2012, 10:07:43 AM »
jealous

TAKE PICTURES!  :excited:

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: October 04, 2012, 01:20:20 PM »
jealous

worth it
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: October 04, 2012, 01:31:06 PM »
will actually be seated ahead of the pilot who is on the second deck. really mind blowing stuff. 

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: October 04, 2012, 02:53:34 PM »
will actually be seated ahead of the pilot who is on the second deck. really mind blowing stuff. 

:thumbs: 747 is an amazing plane
emaw