Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1006427 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2925 on: September 27, 2012, 10:17:31 AM »
little C inherited the worst parts of each of her parent's faces

yeah. daris kids very thankfully got the opposite. little daris' 1. little c 0.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: September 27, 2012, 10:19:06 AM »
What should I apply for that will allow me to fly to the bowl game for free this January? Do not care about anything else on the card, prefer pretty low spend.  $1K / month is about the top I could spend on it.  TIA.

southwest. though it only has 25k bonus sign up right now and would be stupid to get it. you could probably get one RT out of it.  I'd roll the dice and get one of the 50k AA cards though (if you can make the spend ASAP)

Already have a Citi AA card... not enough points for a trip and that probably won't change in the meantime.  Any chance SW does another 50k offer in time?

very slim because you are looking at a minimum of 30 days after applying to get the points.

an option would be to get a sapphire card and then transfer to southwest or whatever worked.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: September 27, 2012, 12:27:57 PM »
What should I apply for that will allow me to fly to the bowl game for free this January? Do not care about anything else on the card, prefer pretty low spend.  $1K / month is about the top I could spend on it.  TIA.

southwest. though it only has 25k bonus sign up right now and would be stupid to get it. you could probably get one RT out of it.  I'd roll the dice and get one of the 50k AA cards though (if you can make the spend ASAP)

what about the US Airways card?   :dunno:  good bonus, first purchase, churnable, etc.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: September 27, 2012, 12:37:14 PM »
yeah, not bad. you can do that 8man. will probably not find award availability on US Air though. Can cross your fingers and hope United has some. The good thing about the AA card is that you get 50k which, if you are desperate, will get you a high level RT flight.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: September 27, 2012, 08:23:26 PM »
Anybody familiar with Wyndham rewards or a card for them, I met the GM of the Ramada and he said he would give me some points if I ate lunch at their restaurant  :dunno:
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: September 27, 2012, 08:35:38 PM »
Anybody familiar with Wyndham rewards or a card for them, I met the GM of the Ramada and he said he would give me some points if I ate lunch at their restaurant  :dunno:

don't do it

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: September 27, 2012, 09:34:59 PM »

you talked to Bill?  Tell him Moose said to give you double...

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2932 on: September 27, 2012, 10:17:41 PM »

:runaway:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: September 27, 2012, 10:21:33 PM »

nope, Roger
I'm purple down

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: September 28, 2012, 09:31:28 AM »
ACT NOW! THIS OFFER EXPIRES ON OCTOBER 4, 2012. As an A+ Rewards® Member, you’ve been selected for a limited-time offer. Get 2 Roundtrip Flights after you spend $2,000 in the first 3 months of opening your account plus 2 Business Class upgrades after first purchase. Apply for the NEW AirTran® Airways A+ Rewards Credit Card before Thursday, October 4, 2012 to receive these benefits:

2 ROUNDTRIP FLIGHTS after you spend $2,000 in the first 3 months

2 BUSINESS CLASS UPGRADES after your first purchase

Introductory Annual Fee of $0 for the first year, then $69†

2 Anniversary Credits every year after your Cardmember Anniversary

You will receive 32 bonus A+ Rewards credits with this bonus offer. To qualify for your bonus A+ Rewards Credits, you must make purchases totaling $2,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening; please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus A+ Rewards Credits to post to your AirTran Airways A+ Rewards account. Purchases do not include using your account for balance transfers or cash advances, or using any checks that access your account. AirTran Airways will issue a roundtrip flight for every 16 A+ Rewards Credits accumulated during any consecutive 24-month period. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time AirTran Airways A+ Rewards personal Credit Card from Chase Cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing AirTran Airways A+ Rewards personal Credit Card from Chase Cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: September 28, 2012, 09:44:23 AM »
yes, you definitely want to do that saul. those will be southwest miles soon.  :thumbs:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: September 28, 2012, 09:48:32 AM »
ACT NOW! THIS OFFER EXPIRES ON OCTOBER 4, 2012. As an A+ Rewards® Member, you’ve been selected for a limited-time offer. Get 2 Roundtrip Flights after you spend $2,000 in the first 3 months of opening your account plus 2 Business Class upgrades after first purchase. Apply for the NEW AirTran® Airways A+ Rewards Credit Card before Thursday, October 4, 2012 to receive these benefits:

You will receive 32 bonus A+ Rewards credits with this bonus offer. To qualify for your bonus A+ Rewards Credits, you must make purchases totaling $2,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening; please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus A+ Rewards Credits to post to your AirTran Airways A+ Rewards account. Purchases do not include using your account for balance transfers or cash advances, or using any checks that access your account. AirTran Airways will issue a roundtrip flight for every 16 A+ Rewards Credits accumulated during any consecutive 24-month period. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time AirTran Airways A+ Rewards personal Credit Card from Chase Cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing AirTran Airways A+ Rewards personal Credit Card from Chase Cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.

yeah. i saw that was being targeted to some folks. here's the deal...sd will prob tell you that it's garbage but i don't really agree. airtran still flies out of both kc and wichita and will be for at least another ten months. you can get a round trip out of either of those cities to cabo, cancun, aruba, jamaica or bermuda for as little as 16 credits and there actually seems to be pretty decent availability. not amazing but decent. you can also take those credits and directly transfer them over to southwest if you wanted. not a bad deal imo and it's one that won't be around a year from now so...

***just saw sd comment and realized he did not trash it. that sob surprises me sometimes. he really does.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: September 28, 2012, 10:33:50 AM »
$400 credit after spending $1000 in 90 days, plus you get to CHHHHHIIIIEEEEFFFFSSSSS!!!!!!! every time you pay for something (if you're into that sort of thing)
 http://boardingarea.com/blogs/mommypoints/2012/09/27/barclays-nfl-card-400-credit-after-spending-1000/
I'm purple down

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: September 28, 2012, 12:21:37 PM »
also, was in a meeting for the last couple hours and realized about fifteen minutes in that sd still prob thinks that airtran card is crap but knows that saul really likes southwest so that's why he said what he said. had him pegged correctly after all.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: September 28, 2012, 12:23:01 PM »
also, was in a meeting for the last couple hours and realized about fifteen minutes in that sd still prob thinks that airtran card is crap but knows that saul really likes southwest so that's why he said what he said. had him pegged correctly after all.

NOPE

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: September 28, 2012, 09:33:21 PM »

nope, Roger

ah, I guess Bill has moved up to Director of Operations for all of Parrish's hotels, not just Ramada.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: September 28, 2012, 09:34:43 PM »
jesus, it's turned into a super 8 funfest in here  :sdeek:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: September 28, 2012, 09:35:17 PM »

any way to get this if not targeted?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: September 28, 2012, 09:36:58 PM »
not yet, though there's speculation it may go public soon

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: September 28, 2012, 09:43:32 PM »

I'm on my phone and lazy. What's the a+ reward to rapid reward transfer ratio?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: September 28, 2012, 09:46:30 PM »

I'm on my phone and lazy. What's the a+ reward to rapid reward transfer ratio?

they are equal.   The only thing Ive read is that they are equivalent to the old RR points, so they are capacity controlled unlike the new RR system.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: September 28, 2012, 09:50:05 PM »
basically 32 credits = 50k sw (I think)

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: September 28, 2012, 09:54:37 PM »
 :bill:
basically 32 credits = 50k sw (I think)

yeah, should have clarified, they are equal in that 16 A+ = 16 old RR = 25k new RR = 1 free RT ticket

« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 09:59:54 PM by Mikeyis4dcats »