Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1004520 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2825 on: August 27, 2012, 10:39:11 AM »
Hawaiian air just tried to hit me with the 79 annual fee a month after I canceled :angry:

had you already paid one annual fee?

Nope

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: August 27, 2012, 10:47:38 AM »
Hawaiian air just tried to hit me with the 79 annual fee a month after I canceled :angry:

Nope

well, you have to pay the initial annual fee.  did you try to cancel it within, like, a month of getting it?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: August 27, 2012, 10:54:48 AM »

Nope

well, you have to pay the initial annual fee.  did you try to cancel it within, like, a month of getting it?

Thought that one had it waived but maybe not.  I cancelled it like 10 months out so I must've paid the initial

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: August 27, 2012, 11:18:13 AM »

Nope

Thought that one had it waived but maybe not.  I cancelled it like 10 months out so I must've paid the initial

No, it is not waived for the first year.

Offline SpudCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: August 27, 2012, 03:12:10 PM »
Quick question...if I add my wife as an authorized user on a card, will it be hard inquiry on her credit report (or vice versa)? I think the answer is typically no, but I'm asking in reference to the SPG AmEx. As I'm applying, the app asks for the SSN of the authorized 2nd user. That's the part that worries me. Insight/experience appreciated.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: August 27, 2012, 03:20:19 PM »
Quick question...if I add my wife as an authorized user on a card, will it be hard inquiry on her credit report (or vice versa)? I think the answer is typically no, but I'm asking in reference to the SPG AmEx. As I'm applying, the app asks for the SSN of the authorized 2nd user. That's the part that worries me. Insight/experience appreciated.

no, it is not a hard pull.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2831 on: August 27, 2012, 07:49:39 PM »

Is SSN a required field? I added my 4 year old son as an authorized user on my BOA Virgin cards because all they asked for was a name. :dunno:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: August 27, 2012, 09:51:45 PM »
Looks like AMEX isn't giving me the SPB biz b/c it would be my 3rd AMEX in a month.  They say that it wasn't just my duplicate SPG biz app that got cancelled but the whole thing due to my Delta and Surpass AMEXs from last month.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2833 on: August 28, 2012, 11:44:40 AM »

Is SSN a required field? I added my 4 year old son as an authorized user on my BOA Virgin cards because all they asked for was a name. :dunno:

I believe recent changes in banking regulations now require SSN for all instruments.    I know a bunch of people using AZN Payments had to go and add SSN to their accounts a few months back.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: August 28, 2012, 11:45:37 AM »
Looks like AMEX isn't giving me the SPB biz b/c it would be my 3rd AMEX in a month.  They say that it wasn't just my duplicate SPG biz app that got cancelled but the whole thing due to my Delta and Surpass AMEXs from last month.

were the others biz?    If not, call back and ask for reconsideration, that you need to track you business spending seperately.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: August 28, 2012, 02:50:21 PM »
Is there any way to not pay the $95 annual fee on the chase sapphire preferred without closing your account. I really don't want to transfer my UR points to another program right now, but if you close your account they take all your points, if I get a regular chase sapphire or freedom will that allow me to keep my UR points, so I can close my sapphire preferred account?
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: August 28, 2012, 02:51:36 PM »
Is there any way to not pay the $95 annual fee on the chase sapphire preferred without closing your account. I really don't want to transfer my UR points to another program right now, but if you close your account they take all your points, if I get a regular chase sapphire or freedom will that allow me to keep my UR points, so I can close my sapphire preferred account?

I have no idea.  just transfer them to Hyatt or United. 

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: August 28, 2012, 03:34:45 PM »

I called to cancel mine in January and was told they'd waive the fee if I made 6 purchases in 90 days, so I did.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: August 28, 2012, 03:40:30 PM »

I called to cancel mine in January and was told they'd waive the fee if I made 6 purchases in 90 days, so I did.

Yea I think if omahaexpatcat puts a little thought into it he should be able to negotiate the waiving of his fee and keep his points.  haggling isn't just for jeffy at the gas station.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: August 28, 2012, 03:44:44 PM »
yes you should be able to get one of the business sapphires or the regular sapphire and transfer them over and then cancel. or you could just transfer them to my UR account and i'll keep a good on on them for you.  :fatty:

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: August 28, 2012, 09:24:01 PM »

Yea I think if omahaexpatcat puts a little thought into it he should be able to negotiate the waiving of his fee and keep his points.  haggling isn't just for jeffy at the gas station.

:dubious: I've tried calling and haggling twice with no luck, guess I'll try a couple more times before I transfer the points to hyatt or get a regular sapphire
I'm purple down

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: August 29, 2012, 07:31:42 AM »

were the others biz?    If not, call back and ask for reconsideration, that you need to track you business spending seperately.

What's the number that gets me to somebody who knows what they're talking about?  I've been unable to execute a through-phone chokeout in my past 3 attempts calling the numbers listed on the application status pages.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: August 29, 2012, 09:34:54 AM »

What's the number that gets me to somebody who knows what they're talking about?  I've been unable to execute a through-phone chokeout in my past 3 attempts calling the numbers listed on the application status pages.

American Express Credit Card Reconsideration

877-399-3083/866-379-3643 – new accounts
    800 230 1284 – credit services
    800 582 6471 – new accounts/reconsideration, but agents don’t usually process applications immediately.

I'd put in another app online, then if not immediately approved, call the reconsideration line.     On the slim chance they just approve your new app.  But at least then you've got an agent looking at a fresh app, not arguing over an old one.    And if you need a referral link, let me know   :peek:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: August 29, 2012, 09:35:42 AM »

:dubious: I've tried calling and haggling twice with no luck, guess I'll try a couple more times before I transfer the points to hyatt or get a regular sapphire

did you have much usage on the card beyond the initial spend?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: August 29, 2012, 10:14:37 AM »

800 582 6471 – new accounts/reconsideration, but agents don’t usually process applications immediately.

I'd put in another app online, then if not immediately approved, call the reconsideration line.     On the slim chance they just approve your new app.  But at least then you've got an agent looking at a fresh app, not arguing over an old one.    And if you need a referral link, let me know   :peek:

I'm still getting emails telling me to log in and complete the original app I abandoned in the first place.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: August 29, 2012, 11:16:53 AM »

I'm still getting emails telling me to log in and complete the original app I abandoned in the first place.

oh, you had said they'd cancelled it above, so I assumed that meant they had.  did they do a pull against your credit?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: August 29, 2012, 02:34:32 PM »

oh, you had said they'd cancelled it above, so I assumed that meant they had.  did they do a pull against your credit?

The latest thing I was told is that my now single SPG biz app got cancelled automatically because of the 2 earlier Amex approvals. No idea wut's going on.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: August 30, 2012, 08:12:41 AM »
heads up for anyone looking at the SPG 30k bonus - it expires in 5 days.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: August 31, 2012, 10:36:38 AM »
I'm purple down

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: August 31, 2012, 11:26:56 AM »
American and U.S. getting started
 http://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-airlines-us-airways-merger-135104457.html

yeah they've been heavy petting for a while now. goEMAW has an AA insider that is pretty high up who said a few months ago that it there was more than an 80% chance that they'd partner up.