Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1003427 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2675 on: August 03, 2012, 03:26:42 PM »

:dance:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: August 03, 2012, 03:32:38 PM »

gotta make them feel good for $400/yr

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: August 03, 2012, 08:14:33 PM »

in fairness my pictures don't even really do it justice.

also, i read some of the things that come with the card and apparently there is some deal where if you buy tickets to an event but then can't go, they will refund you all of what you paid. i mean wtf? also, it already came activated. didn't have to call in.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 08:24:20 PM by rick daris »

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: August 04, 2012, 01:45:39 AM »
Well look at Daris, atop his throne.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2680 on: August 04, 2012, 08:25:12 AM »
Well look at Daris, atop his throne.

he looks stunning, really

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: August 04, 2012, 09:25:49 AM »

also, i read some of the things that come with the card and apparently there is some deal where if you buy tickets to an event but then can't go, they will refund you all of what you paid. i mean wtf? also, it already came activated. didn't have to call in.

"for a covered reason".   It is basically trip insurance.  I'd imagine it covers illness, work-related conflicts, etc.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: August 05, 2012, 10:39:49 PM »

"for a covered reason".   It is basically trip insurance.  I'd imagine it covers illness, work-related conflicts, etc.

yeah no kidding. still nice to know that i can get reimubursed at face value for the north texas game if i'm "sick" and can't make it.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: August 05, 2012, 10:45:28 PM »
that thing is beautiful rick, way to go youve earned it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: August 06, 2012, 07:28:21 AM »
SPG 30k will be back either today or tuesday.  10,000 Starpoints after the first purchase, and an additional 20,000 Starpoints after spending $5,000 within six months. The increased sign-up bonus will be valid from August 7 through September 4, 2012. So, if you've been waiting, now is the time. If you want a referral email from me please PM with your email address because I also get 5k SPG for anyone that signs up under a referral email. 

I'll need to contact amex to make sure my referral email will be for the new bonus. I'm going to send mrs. dave a referral for this and see if that flys. Then cancel my SPG amex that I've had for about 4 years and have her refer me back.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2685 on: August 06, 2012, 08:22:55 AM »
SPG 30k will be back either today or tuesday.  10,000 Starpoints after the first purchase, and an additional 20,000 Starpoints after spending $5,000 within six months. The increased sign-up bonus will be valid from August 7 through September 4, 2012. So, if you've been waiting, now is the time. If you want a referral email from me please PM with your email address because I also get 5k SPG for anyone that signs up under a referral email. 

I'll need to contact amex to make sure my referral email will be for the new bonus. I'm going to send mrs. dave a referral for this and see if that flys. Then cancel my SPG amex that I've had for about 4 years and have her refer me back.

has it been confirmed you can get the sign up bonus now every 12 months?  I just cancelled mine last week that I received in July 2011.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: August 06, 2012, 08:38:34 AM »
no

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: August 06, 2012, 11:50:12 AM »
according to TPG the welcome bonus for the 30k SPG AMEX cannot be earned if you've had the card (not application) within 12 months.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: August 06, 2012, 11:59:23 AM »
If you want a referral email from me please PM with your email address because I also get 5k SPG for anyone that signs up under a referral email. 

i also have the spg amex and can refer you as well. so please PM me your email address if you'd rather have your old buddy ETP get the 5k instead of the annoying know it all 'traveler.'

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: August 06, 2012, 12:00:26 PM »
If you want a referral email from me please PM with your email address because I also get 5k SPG for anyone that signs up under a referral email. 

i also have the spg amex and can refer you as well. so please PM me your email address if you'd rather have your old buddy ETP get the 5k instead of the annoying know it all 'traveler.'

oh man I was going to go with SD but now ETP enters the picture
emaw

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: August 06, 2012, 12:02:47 PM »

oh man I was going to go with SD but now ETP enters the picture

feel free to start a new thread with a poll to see who gets the 5k, gfa.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: August 06, 2012, 12:04:21 PM »
according to TPG the welcome bonus for the 30k SPG AMEX cannot be earned if you've had the card (not application) within 12 months.

I got it last year on my 2nd SPG AMEX (3rd including business one) despite having cancelled my 1st just a few weeks earlier.  Will probably try it again towards the end of this promo as I cancelled the 2nd SPG AMEX last week. 

steve dave, remind me to do this at the end of August.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: August 06, 2012, 12:06:21 PM »

I got it last year on my 2nd SPG AMEX (3rd including business one) despite having cancelled my 1st just a few weeks earlier.  Will probably try it again towards the end of this promo as I cancelled the 2nd SPG AMEX last week. 

word is AMEX is revamping their criteria.  It used to be 2 years app to app, there was speculation that that was being changed to 1 year, but according to TPG the terms of the new deal are the above.   Did you have 2 years between apps?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: August 06, 2012, 12:08:50 PM »

word is AMEX is revamping their criteria.  It used to be 2 years app to app, there was speculation that that was being changed to 1 year, but according to TPG the terms of the new deal are the above.   Did you have 2 years between apps?

No, a little over a year.  Like Summer 2010 got first personal SPG AMEX (along w/business SPG AMEX), cancelled Summer 2011, got a 2nd Summer 2011, cancelled 2nd Summer 2012, now will get a 3rd Summer 2012.  Not saying they didn't eff up or something, but I got the 30K bonus Summer 2011.  They also mumped up and gave me an extra 10K during the summer 2010 spree.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: August 06, 2012, 02:31:29 PM »
I'm gonna give lunch today a shot. 

Anyone in 'ta want to join me for HopeWaitressCan'tReadPAK?

She could read.  I might try messaging Hyatt Passport and telling them I can't read and see if they'll give me 1000 points anyway.

Burger was good.

Dear Mr. Reaper,

Thank you for your message, it is my pleasure to assist you.

In regard to your inquiry, I am more than happy to add the 1,000 points to your account for the expired Platinum Extras Dining Bonus certificate that had expired.

You will see this added the next time you log in online.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

:thumbs:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: August 06, 2012, 06:11:38 PM »

i need one of these cards.  sd is a nazi, and i can't recall what etp's position is on weber, currie and the kstate cats.  if anyone with good antinazi creds wants to refer me, let me know before i go with one of these other jokers.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: August 06, 2012, 06:20:37 PM »

i need one of these cards.  sd is a nazi, and i can't recall what etp's position is on weber, currie and the kstate cats.  if anyone with good antinazi creds wants to refer me, let me know before i go with one of these other jokers.
I assume by default I have the best anti-nazi credentials.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: August 06, 2012, 07:06:32 PM »
my referral bonus is for sale to the highest bidder
emaw

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: August 06, 2012, 07:13:53 PM »

i need one of these cards.  sd is a sysboner, and i can't recall what etp's position is on weber, currie and the kstate cats.  if anyone with good antinazi creds wants to refer me, let me know before i go with one of these other jokers.

damn. i pretty much have every card but the spg one.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: August 06, 2012, 08:02:41 PM »
i need one of these cards.  sd is a nazi, and i can't recall what etp's position is on weber, currie and the kstate cats.

all three can gtfo for all i'm concerned.

except for the latter