Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1005343 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2525 on: July 20, 2012, 08:57:35 PM »
Rumblings of great Citi/Hilton news tuesday according to known stupid rough ridin' idiot Gary Leff

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/frequentmiler/2012/07/20/rumor-something-great-from-citi/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FrequentMiler+%28The+Frequent+Miler%29

man. i kind of agree w/ the first commenter. to apply this weekend or wait is the question i guess.

I think even if you apply now you can contact them and get the better card bonus/options if needed.  who knows though.  I'm kind of wanting to apply for the Ink Bold charge card nowand then get the new rumored Ink Bold credit card but I'm trying to make spend on 2 AAs and the Surpass right now.  I get pretty excited for this stuff. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: July 20, 2012, 09:21:18 PM »
Rumblings of great Citi/Hilton news tuesday according to known stupid rough ridin' idiot Gary Leff

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/frequentmiler/2012/07/20/rumor-something-great-from-citi/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FrequentMiler+%28The+Frequent+Miler%29

man. i kind of agree w/ the first commenter. to apply this weekend or wait is the question i guess.

I think even if you apply now you can contact them and get the better card bonus/options if needed.  who knows though.  I'm kind of wanting to apply for the Ink Bold charge card nowand then get the new rumored Ink Bold credit card but I'm trying to make spend on 2 AAs and the Surpass right now.  I get pretty excited for this stuff.

yeah i guess. honestly though i'm freaked out that citi might get strict and that would be horrible. for me personally, chase could drop off the face of the earth and i could do nothing but churn citi AA personal and business along w/ citi hilton and boa hilton and i'd be fine for eternity. i hope they don't change soon.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: July 20, 2012, 09:22:35 PM »
also us air.  (going to churn those this weekend)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: July 20, 2012, 09:31:55 PM »

i've seen some reports that the usair doesn't churn for everyone, just fyi i'm sure you'll be fine. have you got the frontier cards before?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: July 20, 2012, 09:36:01 PM »

i've seen some reports that the usair doesn't churn for everyone, just fyi i'm sure you'll be fine. have you got the frontier cards before?

I got one of them when it was 50k a couple years ago.  actually fly them a lot.  very hard to use their miles.  kind of pisses me off. 

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: July 21, 2012, 12:19:28 AM »
I'll be pretty pissed if they come out with a better citi hilton card.  I just got 2 of them in the mail yesterday.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: July 21, 2012, 08:16:22 AM »
I'll be pretty pissed if they come out with a better citi hilton card.  I just got 2 of them in the mail yesterday.

you can contact them and ask for the higher offer.  they will usually credit your account if you got the cards in the last 60-90 days.  I just got the Surpass myself. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: July 21, 2012, 11:23:44 AM »
I was looking to get back in the hhonors game this past week and found I've got to December before I can get another hh amex.  I don't have a citi at the moment either.  This could be perfect.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: July 21, 2012, 11:25:24 AM »
I was looking to get back in the hhonors game this past week and found I've got to December before I can get another hh amex.  I don't have a citi at the moment either.  This could be perfect.

did you do the Hawaiin Air or Virgin cards?  they both transfer to Hilton at 2:1

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: July 21, 2012, 11:29:51 AM »

did you do the Hawaiin Air or Virgin cards?  they both transfer to Hilton at 2:1

I'll do those too.  Was looking at getting the AMEX HH back so I'd have a better grocery/gas-specific card, and so I'd have an AMEX when I cancel my SPG.  So I guess I should've said I was looking to get back in the AMEX HH game.  Ended up getting an AMEX Delta to take care of the AMEX thing, and hopefully this Citi deal will start me back on HH.  Currently using the PC Visa for grocery/gas at 2x points.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: July 21, 2012, 11:35:57 AM »
The Surpass has a $75 fee but gives you 70k hh and you get 6 points on gas/grocery and 9 at Hilton properties.  if you are waiting to do the regular HH Amex you can do the surpass now.  it's well worth the $75. 

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: July 21, 2012, 11:39:13 AM »
I applied a week ago and was approved for 2 citi hhonors visas. Haven't even gotten them yet. Hope I didn't just eff myself. :nervous:

I'll def call and try to get new bonus, but citi's phone in customer service is utterly worthless in my experience.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: July 21, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »
The Surpass has a $75 fee but gives you 70k hh and you get 6 points on gas/grocery and 9 at Hilton properties.  if you are waiting to do the regular HH Amex you can do the surpass now.  it's well worth the $75. 

I was looking at that but saw some bold language that made me think my regular AMEX HH waiting period would still apply, and I think I only saw one for 50K.  Link to what you got?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: July 21, 2012, 11:52:21 AM »

I was looking at that but saw some bold language that made me think my regular AMEX HH waiting period would still apply, and I think I only saw one for 50K.  Link to what you got?

I had the regular amex for less than a year and just got the surpass.  also, I was wrong, it's 60k.  You will also get Gold status through early 2014

http://www304.americanexpress.com/getthecard/learn-about/Hilton-HHonors-Surpass/28000?ccsgeep=28000&psCCSG=CCSG_Google_PA_Hilton%20Surpass

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: July 21, 2012, 11:58:54 AM »

I had the regular amex for less than a year and just got the surpass.  also, I was wrong, it's 60k.  You will also get Gold status through early 2014

http://www304.americanexpress.com/getthecard/learn-about/Hilton-HHonors-Surpass/28000?ccsgeep=28000&psCCSG=CCSG_Google_PA_Hilton%20Surpass

Your link is for upgrading your existing regular HH AMEX to a surpass, right?  I don't have my original HH AMEX anymore.  Cancelled it last December, which was dumb; I thought I had an annual fee on it.

I'd been looking at this (was wrong also, it was 40K + 20K) and it has this on the side:
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Consumer Hilton HHonors® Credit Card account within the last 90 days.

https://www262.americanexpress.com/apisites/microsite/apply/hilton-hhonors-surpass-card/71-1000-41?returnUrl=http://www.americanexpress.com

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: July 21, 2012, 12:00:40 PM »
it is using your cookies to see you have/had the original amex.  open an incognito browser window and hit the link again.  or don't, they are the same thing.  I don't think you have to worry about those terms.  that "product" is the surpass and you haven't had it.  I don't think they care about the other HH cards.  At least they never have with mine.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: July 21, 2012, 12:17:52 PM »
it is using your cookies to see you have/had the original amex.  open an incognito browser window and hit the link again.  or don't, they are the same thing.  I don't think you have to worry about those terms.  that "product" is the surpass and you haven't had it.  I don't think they care about the other HH cards.  At least they never have with mine.

Got it.  Yeah, I misread that clause.  Only a 90-day wait to get the surpass if you had some other HH card.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: July 21, 2012, 12:25:11 PM »

Got it.  Yeah, I misread that clause.  Only a 90-day wait to get the surpass if you had some other HH card.

and I think that means applied, not had/have.  I had three at the same time (Amex, citi visa, surpass).  I don't think they care as long as it wasn't the same card. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: July 21, 2012, 12:54:31 PM »
Surpass applied for.  The Delta AMEX I applied for last week is gumming up the machine thought b/c it considered my surpass app a duplicate.  Phone lady said it should go thru in 3-4 days.  :thumbs:

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2544 on: July 21, 2012, 02:39:48 PM »

Mommy points had a great post today about how to buy visa gift cards at office supply stores and get 5x points using the ink bold
I'm purple down

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: July 21, 2012, 02:41:34 PM »
Just got the bank of America and bank of Hawaii  Hawaiian airlines cards yesterday, right in time to pay the car insurance :gocho:
140K h honors heading my way
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 03:02:52 PM by raquetcat »
I'm purple down

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: July 21, 2012, 04:11:32 PM »
Called to cancel my chase marriott:

Chase lady: we can offer you 5000 points if you make 15 purchases in 90 days

Me: :ksugrad:

So, I made the 15 purchases, got the 5000 points and called to cancel the card again today, and again they offer me 5000 points if I make 15 purchases in 90 days  :lol: I love this!
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: July 21, 2012, 05:07:01 PM »
Our US Air flights back from Paris had a schedule change that sucked so we changed our flights.  We are now flying back on Lufthansa from Paris to Frankfurt, Frankfurt to Denver both in business class.  We are connecting in Denver on United to Omaha but they didn't have any first class availability so we are in coach for the short hop from Denver to Omaha.  My question is, since we are on United in economy are they are going to try charge us to check our luggage on the Denver to Omaha leg after clearing customs and rechecking our bags?  I assume I can PI them into submission since we booked at a business class rate but have never done this before.  Anyone know how this will work?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: July 21, 2012, 05:47:02 PM »
nvm, flyertalk says we will get two free checked each on last leg too

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: July 21, 2012, 05:56:12 PM »
nvm, flyertalk says we will get two free checked each on last leg too

:ohno:  you didn't actually post on there did you?