Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1005939 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2325 on: June 22, 2012, 08:35:35 PM »
i haven't had a credit card in about 6 or 7 years.  thinking of getting one.  i have average to below average credit if it matters, but much more responsible now than before (i didn't overspend or anything, i just had a problem physically paying my bills and racked up redic late fees for like 100 dollars on the 2 cards).

any suggestos for a card that would be good in my situation?  mostly just looking to charge some stuff here and there and pay it off relatively quick.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2326 on: June 22, 2012, 09:18:06 PM »
I guess the AA citi card. Same as anyone else. I don't know a lot about credit issues though.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: June 23, 2012, 09:17:29 AM »
Showed off my new Puerto Rico flag discover card last night.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: June 23, 2012, 12:20:33 PM »
my devious whore of a girlfriend stole my discover and used it to buy herself a birthday present today
emaw

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2329 on: June 23, 2012, 08:02:38 PM »
i haven't had a credit card in about 6 or 7 years.  thinking of getting one.  i have average to below average credit if it matters, but much more responsible now than before (i didn't overspend or anything, i just had a problem physically paying my bills and racked up redic late fees for like 100 dollars on the 2 cards).

any suggestos for a card that would be good in my situation?  mostly just looking to charge some stuff here and there and pay it off relatively quick.
From what I've seen, cap one is pretty understanding for less than spectacular credit. Venture might be a solid choice, but I would try for the AA or something first

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: June 24, 2012, 12:00:38 PM »
Hey SD, did you get your credit card from Mae's? If not, I ask that you please delete any posts in this thread regarding said lost credit card. No one likes a liar. Go cats
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2331 on: June 24, 2012, 12:04:51 PM »
Yes, mrs dave had it. ftb.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: June 26, 2012, 11:07:44 AM »
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemileatatime/2012/06/26/how-many-hilton-hhonors-points-can-you-earn-in-one-credit-card-churn/

Great blog post from lucky on how easy it is to rack up a crap ton of Hilton honors points.

If you're staying at a Hilton property between July 1 and September 30, make sure to sign up for their triple points on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and double points every other night promo
I'm purple down

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: June 26, 2012, 11:38:54 AM »
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemileatatime/2012/06/26/how-many-hilton-hhonors-points-can-you-earn-in-one-credit-card-churn/

Great blog post from lucky on how easy it is to rack up a crap ton of Hilton honors points.

If you're staying at a Hilton property between July 1 and September 30, make sure to sign up for their triple points on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and double points every other night promo

lucky? more like lukey. i said the same thing probably ten or twenty pages ago.  :zzz:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: June 26, 2012, 04:16:18 PM »
fellas Im planning on going to LA/San Diego in mid August.. flights are super cheap right now, is it worth saving miles for or should I just use them. would be kc to lax and probably anywhere around the 13th~22ish would be when I would fly out and come back(card is SW)

and any quick hotel cards I could churn over for free nights?

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: June 26, 2012, 04:28:15 PM »
fellas Im planning on going to LA/San Diego in mid August.. flights are super cheap right now, is it worth saving miles for or should I just use them. would be kc to lax and probably anywhere around the 13th~22ish would be when I would fly out and come back(card is SW)

and any quick hotel cards I could churn over for free nights?

the points don't earn interest, if there's a cheap flight on your route for your dates and you have the points, I would book it right now

the way rapid rewards is set up you should pay cash for the more expensive flights you take and use the points earned off those for the cheaper flights
emaw

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: June 26, 2012, 05:54:20 PM »
yeah the flights are cheap cash wise and so-so to pretty good on flight miles.. such a conundrum.

what hotel cc though!?

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: June 26, 2012, 08:08:50 PM »
yeah the flights are cheap cash wise and so-so to pretty good on flight miles.. such a conundrum.

what hotel cc though!?

hmmm, you'd probably want a card where you get the points after the first purchase or plan to met the min spend in a short amount of time to get the points and book the hotel before August. I linked a couple of Hilton Honors cards (above) where you get the points after $1000 min spend, or the Chase Hyatt Visa gets you 2 free nights with 1st purchase, the Chase Marriott Visa will get you 70k Marriott points and 1 free night at a category 1-4, Chase priority club visa will get you 60k after first purchase, it really just depends what hotel you want and if you want to try to quickly meet some min spends or just get points after the first purchase
I'm purple down

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: June 26, 2012, 08:42:08 PM »
You're cutting it REALLY close for a hotel card. By the time your first statement posts you'll probably only have a week or so to book the hotel with points. And at that point you'll have to hope that there's availability at a good hotel in that brand. Also if you're going to do the priority club, there's a link in flyertalk somewhere that gives you 80k after the first purchase. It still works. I just got mine in the mail yesterday and confirmed the 80k bonus.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: June 26, 2012, 09:05:13 PM »
yeah Im not too worried on the hotel, wont do anything but sleep there.. If all else fails, hostel!

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2340 on: June 26, 2012, 10:59:38 PM »
You're cutting it REALLY close for a hotel card. By the time your first statement posts you'll probably only have a week or so to book the hotel with points. And at that point you'll have to hope that there's availability at a good hotel in that brand. Also if you're going to do the priority club, there's a link in flyertalk somewhere that gives you 80k after the first purchase. It still works. I just got mine in the mail yesterday and confirmed the 80k bonus.

And I assume rams was getting at this, but Venetian rolls with PC

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: June 26, 2012, 11:04:36 PM »
wheres the link!?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: June 27, 2012, 07:41:43 AM »
Holy crap, would love to get this for mrs. dave who refuses to pay attention when I tell her which card to use for what

http://thepointsguy.com/2012/06/wallaby-the-new-credit-card-spend-maximizer/

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: June 27, 2012, 07:49:34 AM »
RICK DARIS! COME GIVE ME A HUG!

Dear Mr. Dave:

Hello again and thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Per your request, I have enrolled you in the Diamond Trial Promotion. I ask that you please allow 72 hours for the system to update itself. Once your account has been upgraded to Diamond status, you will have 60 days to complete 12 eligible nights. Once the stay requirement is met, your Diamond status will be extended through February of 2013. To extend the tier beyond the February 2013 date you will need to have 25 eligible stays or 50 eligible nights posted by December 31, 2012.

Please let me know if I may assist you further. Thank you for your continued support of the Hyatt Gold Passport program.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX
Hyatt Gold Passport Representative

so, I'm still a Hyatt Diamond for some reason.  only shows 8 nights during the 60 days so I shouldn't have qualified.  probably just wipe the system at the end of each month or something.  but.....  :crossfingers:

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: June 27, 2012, 08:31:38 AM »
Holy crap, would love to get this for mrs. dave who refuses to pay attention when I tell her which card to use for what

http://thepointsguy.com/2012/06/wallaby-the-new-credit-card-spend-maximizer/
This looks awesome, for Mrs. raquetcat I basically take all other cards out of her wallet except for the one we're working on to meet min spend, but occasionally she still swipes the debit card :(
I'm purple down

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: June 27, 2012, 09:41:51 AM »
I don't think mrs. raquetcat is unique. Pretty sure this is one of those things that most women just don't get.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: June 27, 2012, 10:27:59 AM »
my gf understands that she is supposed to use the credit card, but she's not great about controlling the amount she spends
emaw

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: June 27, 2012, 10:31:32 AM »

And I assume rams was getting at this, but Venetian rolls with PC

I actually hadn't even researched PC that far, but that's good to know.  I got the card because I'm taking a guy's trip to LA in September and we're heading to Santa Barbara for a day/night to golf at Sandpiper and stay at Hotel Indigo on State Street that night.  I'm using the points to get the rooms and everybody else is going to pay for my golf and food/drinks.   :gocho:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: June 27, 2012, 10:45:26 AM »
my gf understands that she is supposed to use the credit card, but she's not great about controlling the amount she spends
Sounds like a hooker.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: June 27, 2012, 12:19:01 PM »
Called to cancel my chase marriott:

Chase lady: we can offer you 5000 points if you make 15 purchases in 90 days

Me: :ksugrad:
I'm purple down