Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1003937 times)

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1925 on: March 02, 2012, 08:40:31 PM »
"How many credit card do you have?"  I have 2 and all the other rich people I know have less. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: March 02, 2012, 08:50:43 PM »
"How many credit card do you have?"  I have 2 and all the other rich people I know have less.

that's a shocker new jeffy.  what are your thoughts on dave ramsey?

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: March 02, 2012, 08:54:04 PM »

that's a shocker new jeffy.  what are your thoughts on dave ramsey?

Never had a use for the douche'. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: March 02, 2012, 09:40:08 PM »
lol at national press when they try to write stories about miles and points.  they are the worst.

they're bad at almost everything.  it shows when you encounter articles on any subject you know more about than the average Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 09:47:44 PM by sys »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: March 02, 2012, 09:43:07 PM »
lol at national press when they try to write stories about miles and points.  they are the worst.

they bad at almost everything.  it shows when you encounter articles on any subject you know more about than the average Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

It sucks realizing that they are dishing out garbage advice to 99.9999% of the public that doesn't read flyertalk or goEMAW.  I want to save those people.  not extend myself or work hard but just for them to know and stuff. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: March 02, 2012, 09:50:11 PM »
It sucks realizing that they are dishing out garbage advice to 99.9999% of the public that doesn't read flyertalk or goEMAW.  I want to save those people.  not extend myself or work hard but just for them to know and stuff.

if everyone was gaming the system like flyertalkers and goemawers, the world's entire air transport and hotel systems would collapse within minutes.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: March 02, 2012, 09:55:42 PM »

if everyone was gaming the system like flyertalkers and goemawers, the world's entire air transport and hotel systems would collapse within minutes.

yeah, kind of what I wanted to respond to the original WSJ piece with something like that.  reward availability is down now compared to before.  shocking given non-dumbasses have figured out how to use it to travel all over the world constantly. really boggles the mind. 

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: March 06, 2012, 02:45:18 PM »
Million miles has some good insight about the upcoming venture match your miles promotion, got me all
:scared:
I'm purple down

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: March 15, 2012, 05:07:11 PM »
free 1000 miles (British Midland).    BMI will become British Airways in near future and points will merge.

https://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loyalty-programmes/diamond-club/diamond-club.aspx

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: March 18, 2012, 09:51:37 PM »
I just applied for the Chase Southwest for me and my wife.  How long do I need to wait before I apply for the business version?  tia
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1935 on: March 21, 2012, 11:37:13 PM »
50k Marriott a good one?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: March 21, 2012, 11:42:55 PM »
50k Marriott a good one?

Yes, and you should apply using my reference number that I can PM you so that I get 10K too.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1937 on: March 22, 2012, 10:58:54 AM »
50k Marriott a good one?

Yes, and you should apply using my reference number that I can PM you so that I get 10K too.

Wtf are you waiting for then?

Seriously a good card, though?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: March 22, 2012, 11:01:20 AM »
50k Marriott a good one?

Yeah, in addition to the points, you get a free night, so you're really getting 6-7 free nights and another one every year if you keep the card.  I like it.  Will PM when I go home at lunch to get the postcard I was thinking of.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: March 22, 2012, 11:45:36 AM »
50k Marriott a good one?

Yeah, in addition to the points, you get a free night, so you're really getting 6-7 free nights and another one every year if you keep the card.  I like it.  Will PM when I go home at lunch to get the postcard I was thinking of.

6-7 nights?   At some podunk?   Looking at it, a KC Marriott runs 15k to 25k a night,  Chicago runs 30k and up.  Oh, and the "free night" is only good for Cat 1-4  stays (out of 7)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:48:08 AM by Mikeyis4dcats »

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: March 22, 2012, 12:17:19 PM »
The Marriott card is just ok.  I stay there all of the time, but don't have it because I have to pay with my corp card.  If you stay there a lot and can use the Marriott card to pay, it is a decent deal. 

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: March 22, 2012, 02:07:12 PM »
50k Marriott a good one?

6-7 nights?   At some podunk?   Looking at it, a KC Marriott runs 15k to 25k a night,  Chicago runs 30k and up.  Oh, and the "free night" is only good for Cat 1-4  stays (out of 7)
look and see how many points it is for san diego, this will determine if I get it. TIA! loveyoulots

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: March 22, 2012, 02:08:00 PM »
I refuse to stay at any Marriott

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: March 22, 2012, 02:14:12 PM »

I'm still trying to figure out which hotel points to focus on.  Daraius is high on the SPG Amex because of the elite hotels and cash + points option, so that's the way I'm leaning.  Every other hotel chain seems like you have to use a shitload of points for a couple nights in a nice/decent hotel.  :dunno:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: March 22, 2012, 02:21:53 PM »
50k Marriott a good one?

There was a 70K offer a couple of months ago.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: March 22, 2012, 02:21:59 PM »

I'm still trying to figure out which hotel points to focus on.  Daraius is high on the SPG Amex because of the elite hotels and cash + points option, so that's the way I'm leaning.  Every other hotel chain seems like you have to use a shitload of points for a couple nights in a nice/decent hotel.  :dunno:

The only one I don't participate in is Marriott.  You have to be either a Marriott or Hilton person imo (or possibly PC).  Hyatt and SPG have more resort/high level properties and are great for travel.  Hilton and Marriott are your every day business programs.  I chose Hilton.  I don't remember why but I'm sticking to it. 

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: March 22, 2012, 02:45:52 PM »

The only one I don't participate in is Marriott.  You have to be either a Marriott or Hilton person imo (or possibly PC).  Hyatt and SPG have more resort/high level properties and are great for travel.  Hilton and Marriott are your every day business programs.  I chose Hilton.  I don't remember why but I'm sticking to it.

I don't travel for business so I guess I'm more inclined to hoard miles for an elite vaca, and since I'm already slamming Chase pretty hard right now with business/personal Southwest cards, I'm leaning towards SPG.  I wouldn't mind doing Hyatt, but it seems like the best bang for the buck is the Ultimate Rewards bonus then transfer to Hyatt...which is Chase.  :sdeek:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: March 22, 2012, 02:49:22 PM »
yeah, SPG has a lot of great perks.  you really can't go wrong with it.  even if you don't want to stay at their hotels you can transfer to airline miles with a 5k bonus for every 20k.  If you want a referral (it will give you the same sign up bonus but I'll get a 5k bonus) pm me your email and I'll send you one. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: March 22, 2012, 03:10:25 PM »
sd- hhonors are horrible value but there are like a billion hhonor cards and some are churnable and churnable pretty quickly. for a few hundred dollars in fees and then some minimum spends a couple could rack up around 500k hhonors pretty quickly. i think i'm devoting the rest of the year towards this. you also get axon awards or whatever so a cat7 four night would only be like 140k. thoughts. i've totally flipped my credit card thinking/strategies in the last month of so. going to start churning the churnable cards and pretty much stay away from chase.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: March 22, 2012, 03:12:08 PM »
sd- hhonors are horrible value but there are like a billion hhonor cards and some are churnable and churnable pretty quickly. for a few hundred dollars in fees and then some minimum spends a couple could rack up around 500k hhonors pretty quickly. i think i'm devoting the rest of the year towards this. you also get axon awards or whatever so a cat7 four night would only be like 140k. thoughts. i've totally flipped my credit card thinking/strategies in the last month of so. going to start churning the churnable cards and pretty much stay away from chase.

Yeah, I've got 200k HH doing this with the Hilton Amex and Hawaiin BOA.  Going to stay five nights on an axon in Paris in November with them. 

EDIT:  or a "GLON" I get them confused

EDIT2:  Yeah, it's a GLON.  AXON are the ones for the Hilton Amex cardholders and aren't as good.  Here is the GLON chart: