Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1004941 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1900 on: February 21, 2012, 03:12:44 PM »
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/corporate/directory/new-hotels/all/detail.html?sortType=region&brandFilter=4P

Kansas
Manhattan
Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan - Opening November, 2012
530 Richards Dr.
Manhattan, Kansas 66502 United States
T: To be Announced

So is Four Points the worst chain of starwood?  Surprising that they would switch to starwood when they just renovated a few years ago.  Can't imagine it would be worth it with all the new competition coming to town too

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: February 21, 2012, 03:30:34 PM »
It's like their Hampton Inn/HI Express/Fairfield

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: February 22, 2012, 07:55:15 AM »
Building a new Hyatt in Downtown Omaha  :thumbs:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: February 23, 2012, 01:18:03 PM »
I need a website where I put my originating airport in and the date I want to travel and it spits out award availability across programs I choose to everywhere on those dates (direct and RT).  Does that software/website exist?  If not, does someone who knows about computers feel like partnering with me and making a billion dollars?  fwiw, if any of you do this idea and don't partner with me I will sue your asses rowers from Harvard v. facebook guy style.  

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: February 23, 2012, 01:39:18 PM »
as Awardwallet found out, some airlines aren't keen on other sites scraping theirs for data.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: February 23, 2012, 01:41:05 PM »
as Awardwallet found out, some airlines aren't keen on other sites scraping theirs for data.

pointhub does it with AA and SW reward availability.  they just don't do the thing I said.  It would be a monster query and take a long time but it's possible.  Alternatively, I would settle for being maxed at 15 or 20 options and make it query from there.  

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: February 24, 2012, 01:52:26 PM »
We regret to inform you that we will be discontinuing support for the AwardWallet browser extension on February 25, 2012. This means that you will no longer be able to track your American Airlines related information (balance, status, etc.) on AwardWallet.com.?? We have been forced to take this action by American Airlines' stance toward AwardWallet. We created the browser extension in order to address American Airlines' concern that AwardWallet was collecting customers' mileage data. We believe the extension addressed this concern because it simply collected your mileage data and stored it locally on your computer. American Airlines, however, objects to the extension. It's position appears to be that AwardWallet is prohibited from providing any software tool that facilitates the ability to track the customer's American Airlines' mileage information. We think this is unfortunate.

If you have any questions about this matter please do not reply to this email, instead lets have a discussion in the forum:

http://awardwallet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1940

Please make a note of your AAdvantage number and password as you will not be able to see it on AwardWallet.com after we make this change.

Thank you for your continued support of Awardwallet.com!

Thank you,
AwardWallet team.
AwardWallet.com

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: February 27, 2012, 01:11:38 PM »

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: February 27, 2012, 01:44:11 PM »

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: February 27, 2012, 08:00:29 PM »
Instant platinum status at Accor hotels for pretending to have a Citi UAE card:

http://www.a-club.com/whitelabels/citi/citip.html

"As a founding member of the Citi Premier Miles World Elite MasterCard program in United Arab Emirates, Accor is pleased to offer you the exceptional benefit of complimentary Platinum status in Accor's renowned loyalty and rewards program, A|Club.

Platinum status is an elite membership level in A|Club that usually requires stays of 60 nights, or more, over a 12-month period to qualify. "

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: March 02, 2012, 11:08:01 AM »
I think I got a SPG Gold soft landing.  I didn't have enough stays (was 4 below the required figure to maintain gold) and I don't think I spent $30k on the SPG card this year and it still shows Gold as of right now.  I think March 1 was the date they flip.  iirc I got a soft landing last year too.  I am PC Platinum, Hyatt Platinum and Hilton Gold. 

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: March 02, 2012, 02:15:53 PM »
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/finding-the-elusive-formula-for-cashing-in-miles.html

:ohno:

yeah, you gotta know the tricks to getting the lower redemptions.  also, kind of OT to this post because that article wasn't as bad as most, lol at national press when they try to write stories about miles and points.  they are the worst. 

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: March 02, 2012, 02:16:52 PM »
So I confirmed today that my company is paying for my flight to Cairo in May and also paying for at least one flight to London and one flight back to the US every year that I'm there, but my wife and I get to stockpile the miles ourselves. However, I don't get to choose the airline. Is this worth getting super excited about, or am I gonna end up with a bunch of miles on different airlines that I can't use together?
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: March 02, 2012, 02:19:10 PM »
So I confirmed today that my company is paying for my flight to Cairo in May and also paying for at least one flight to London and one flight back to the US every year that I'm there, but my wife and I get to stockpile the miles ourselves. However, I don't get to choose the airline. Is this worth getting super excited about, or am I gonna end up with a bunch of miles on different airlines that I can't use together?

it's free miles.  may as well be happy about it.  you won't get more than you would by signing up for a credit card but don't punch a gift horse in the mouth or whatever.  do you get to fly business class?  we don't get to for domestics but do for international flights. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: March 02, 2012, 02:47:26 PM »
from reading the reports of others it seems that hotels are all being very liberal with their elite status soft landings.  great news.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: March 02, 2012, 05:55:23 PM »
pretty OT but ABC is currently doing a segment about that Jeep that plowed into the airport onto the runway and how the TSA needs to redo their safety to keep people out.  good lord you people, you can't build a huge wall along A) the border with Mexico B) every airport in the country C) any other really huge thing.  It's like the Maginot Line taught people nothing. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: March 02, 2012, 06:39:55 PM »
I need a website where I put my originating airport in and the date I want to travel and it spits out award availability across programs I choose to everywhere on those dates (direct and RT).  Does that software/website exist?  If not, does someone who knows about computers feel like partnering with me and making a billion dollars?  fwiw, if any of you do this idea and don't partner with me I will sue your asses rowers from Harvard v. facebook guy style. 

Lets take the idea and copywrite it or whatever and then take it to those websites where a thousand people each give you $100 dollars and pay someone to write code.  BTW, I am totally a partner in this now for having the idea of taking peoples money.

You could either have them create an account and enter in their point totals or have them just see the totals needed.  For that idea I am now the majority owner.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: March 02, 2012, 06:41:58 PM »
I need a website where I put my originating airport in and the date I want to travel and it spits out award availability across programs I choose to everywhere on those dates (direct and RT).  Does that software/website exist?  If not, does someone who knows about computers feel like partnering with me and making a billion dollars?  fwiw, if any of you do this idea and don't partner with me I will sue your asses rowers from Harvard v. facebook guy style. 

Lets take the idea and copywrite it or whatever and then take it to those websites where a thousand people each give you $100 dollars and pay someone to write code.  BTW, I am totally a partner in this now for having the idea of taking peoples money.

You could either have them create an account and enter in their point totals or have them just see the totals needed.  For that idea I am now the majority owner.

ok, you do all of this stuff you just said.  you are in.  If you need me for more ideas about the thing or whatever let me know.  Otherwise, I will give you my direct deposit info for my millions. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: March 02, 2012, 06:44:11 PM »
also, I'm not even barely joking, we should make the website "wherecanIfly.com" or something like that and you enter in your programs like awardwallett (and it saves them, or just spits out options for SW/AA who are bitches about keeping mileage info) and then pick your date and it spits out possible reward flights you can take to everywhere.  MY GOD IF THIS EXISTED!  :drool:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: March 02, 2012, 06:51:01 PM »
also, how much money would it take to hire someone who is good at computers to do this?  I don't think we'd need to kickstarter this thing.  as a guy that knows BSAC, I can tell you we could get financing for anything we need. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: March 02, 2012, 06:55:51 PM »
also, how much money would it take to hire someone who is good at computers to do this?  I don't think we'd need to kickstarter this thing.  as a guy that knows BSAC, I can tell you we could get financing for anything we need. 

Buying a kick ass domain name is the first step.  I could ask around the computer people I know and see if there is necessary talent.  It would be helpful if we had someone like awardwallet guy who worked with points programs/coding in the past, I would imagine.  Only someone that the airlines do not hate.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: March 02, 2012, 07:02:36 PM »

Buying a kick ass domain name is the first step.  I could ask around the computer people I know and see if there is necessary talent.  It would be helpful if we had someone like awardwallet guy who worked with points programs/coding in the past, I would imagine.  Only someone that the airlines do not hate.

we should not even care about the airlines.  the airlines can't say crap about randomly pulling award availability if we aren't saving account numbers and stuff.  I'm 99% certain someone is already doing this though.  too obvious.  probably pointhub which is an amazing service.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: March 02, 2012, 08:19:01 PM »

we should not even care about the airlines.  the airlines can't say crap about randomly pulling award availability if we aren't saving account numbers and stuff.  I'm 99% certain someone is already doing this though.  too obvious.  probably pointhub which is an amazing service.

If someones doing this and you don't know about it, they suck ass at marketing and we could destroy them

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: March 02, 2012, 08:27:15 PM »
OK! LET'S GET RICH CHICAT!  :excited: