Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1005147 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1825 on: February 09, 2012, 07:23:28 AM »
Update: Realtytrac British Airways Promo Not Authorized, Accounts Will Be Closed

:lol: pretty much why I never do stuff like that

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: February 09, 2012, 08:05:06 AM »
Update: Realtytrac British Airways Promo Not Authorized, Accounts Will Be Closed

Whew.  Glad I sat that one out.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: February 09, 2012, 08:16:36 AM »

i wouldn't be. in fact you can still sign up and i would if you haven't already. prob 50/50 that you could still get the points.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: February 09, 2012, 08:24:02 AM »

i wouldn't be. in fact you can still sign up and i would if you haven't already. prob 50/50 that you could still get the points.

So where was that update from?  :confused:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: February 09, 2012, 08:29:24 AM »

the update is legit and real but the portal is still active and there is still a good chance that people who signed up or still sign up (since the portal is still active) will eventually get the points. maybe not 50%, but this kind of stuff has happened before. sometimes you get the points and sometimes you don't. it takes less than five minutes to sign up so if you signed up or sign up and don't get them then you are out a whole five minutes of your time. big deal.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: February 09, 2012, 08:50:25 AM »

the update is legit and real but the portal is still active and there is still a good chance that people who signed up or still sign up (since the portal is still active) will eventually get the points. maybe not 50%, but this kind of stuff has happened before. sometimes you get the points and sometimes you don't. it takes less than five minutes to sign up so if you signed up or sign up and don't get them then you are out a whole five minutes of your time. big deal.

Yeah, but you have to understand that I'm lazy and I'm really rough ridin' greedy.  So the only way I would bother doing this is if I thought there was a good chance I could rape the system and get 15,000 points out of this deal.  In that case I would have to create 4 extra accounts for the rest of my "family" and create 4 extra email addresses and sign up for RealtyTrac 4 extra times.  That's a lot of work for this likely not going through.  Again, I'm lazy and greedy.  Not interested in 3,000 points...and yes, I know how stupid that is.  :dunno:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: February 10, 2012, 02:31:45 PM »
What's the best SPG sign up deal right now?
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: February 10, 2012, 02:33:40 PM »

25k after $5k spend in 6 months, no annual fee first year.  pm your preferred email addy and I'll refer you  :drool:

EDIT:  The above goes for all of you!  :thumbs:

EDIT 2:  picture of rick daris right now because I beat him to the punch >  :shakesfist:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: February 10, 2012, 02:38:17 PM »
man. i spent at least two hours today just points nerding it out. made a list of every major offer out there by bank and divided into personal and business and then tried to figure out the four that i will apply for in june. just can not wait.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: February 10, 2012, 02:38:56 PM »
man. i spent at least two hours today just points nerding it out. made a list of every major offer out there by bank and divided into personal and business and then tried to figure out the four that i will apply for in june. just can not wait.

yes, love nerding out like that at work

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: February 10, 2012, 02:41:59 PM »

25k after $5k spend in 6 months, no annual fee first year.  pm your preferred email addy and I'll refer you  :drool:

I've only gotten one PM so far.  This is EVERYONE'S opportunity to get into this sweet, sweet SPG points game!  :excited:

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1836 on: February 10, 2012, 02:42:18 PM »
Copy paste into this thread tia
I'm purple down

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: February 10, 2012, 02:55:23 PM »
I'm getting ready to get a mortgage.  Is there an advantage to getting it through Chase so I can threaten them more to give me CC/points or would the two be unrelated?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: February 10, 2012, 02:57:09 PM »
I'm getting ready to get a mortgage.  Is there an advantage to getting it through Chase so I can threaten them more to give me CC/points or would the two be unrelated?

no

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: February 10, 2012, 02:57:56 PM »

I've only gotten one PM so far.  This is EVERYONE'S opportunity to get into this sweet, sweet SPG points game!  :excited:
wife is staying at the Chicago downtown Sheraton (towers), figured this would be a good opp to get in the SPG points game.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: February 10, 2012, 02:58:46 PM »

I've only gotten one PM so far.  This is EVERYONE'S opportunity to get into this sweet, sweet SPG points game!  :excited:
wife is staying at the Chicago downtown Sheraton (towers), figured this would be a good opp to get in the SPG points game.

yes, confirmed.  you should each get one.  PM her addy if you want another referral.   ;)

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: February 10, 2012, 03:00:14 PM »

there are some places that give points bonuses for mortgages, but I assume the rates suck.   The was a place doing it for AA when we bought, but I never looked into it.  IIRC it was 10k pts.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: February 10, 2012, 03:01:52 PM »
that puts me at 2 hotel cards, do they give free points upon anniversary like Marriott does?

Have the Southwest Rapid Rewards card, I may want to get another airline card just in case I want to go somewhere SW doesn't fly (LOL!!)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1846 on: February 10, 2012, 03:03:54 PM »
Copy paste into this thread tia

yeah. i handwrote it. why you ask? i don't know.

i've been hammering chase pretty hard the last year though so i have to kind of lay off them a little. will get the 50k citi aa business since i just got the two 50k personal cards and you have to wait two months before getting the biz version after getting the personals. will also get the two boa cards (virgin atlantic and hawain airlines) and then immediately convert them to hilton points which will give me 170k hilton. will also prob get the 70k chase marriot cards. will be doing this for both myself and my wife so will end up with 100k aa miles, 340k hilton points and 140k marriot. so one from citi, two from boa and one from chase. four total.

i currently have about 550,000 airline miles and only 11k hotel (spg) points. technically i have 120k ultimate reward points too, so i guess i could have more hotel points but who knows what i'll use them for yet. bottom line is that i need more hotel points but also want to get the citi aa business card asap since it seems to be churnable every six months.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: February 10, 2012, 03:07:48 PM »
http://www.mymoneyblog.com/get-free-100-bonuses-from-credit-card-promotions

that's a pretty limited list

crap, I posted the wrong link.  this is the one I meant to post...it looked pretty comprehensive.

http://www.cardbenefit.com/credit-cards/sign-up-bonus.htm

that's a comprehensive list of cards but they aren't all the best offers for each of those cards. the guy that has that website is just putting up the versions that he gets kickbacks on and they are not always the best deals. 50k aa vs 30k aa, etc.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 03:10:44 PM by rick daris »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: February 10, 2012, 03:09:11 PM »
Daraius has a nice list of the best offers.  use the "travel credit card" tab to change from airline, hotel, bank

http://millionmilesecrets.com/credit-cards/airline-credit-cards/

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: February 10, 2012, 03:20:37 PM »
one imprtant thing to remember with SPG is that your points expire after 12 months unless you a)earn new points with your credit card or b) pay for a hotel stay at an SPG property.    You cannot keep your points with any affiliate offers like on other programs, and since the AMEX has an annual fee, be prepared to spend money one way or another to keep your points long term.