Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1002008 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1675 on: January 12, 2012, 03:43:51 PM »
I don't see any chance of it happening

source:  I read a lot of flyertalk

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: January 12, 2012, 09:38:43 PM »
rumblings of an AA aquisition by Delta  :surprised:

http://ibtimes.com/delta-air-lines-tpg-capital-gauge-bids-280956.html
[/quote

Help a noob out, SD.  Is this good or bad...or do we know?

I think terrible for anyone with a ton of BA miles like me...I doubt Delta stays in the OneWorld alliance if they buy out AA.  eff.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: January 13, 2012, 12:03:12 PM »
Small timey spg update.

My spg amex balance is 42K (thanks sd/daris!) so I decided to take my wife to KC for a nice little weekend.  Staying at the Sheraton Suites (Level 3, upgrade to spg floor 8000 total points)  Friday night Capital Grille then a movie at the AMC Mainstreet 6, Saturday morning breakfast on the Plaza then Nelson-Atkins, some Plaza shopping then hit the road and tuck her in for a nap while I attend the OOD for beat down that smelly loser Lon Kruger.

So let's check the savings:

Capital Grille  $120
AMC Mainstreet $50-60
Nelson-Atkins FREE
Hotel      (~$130) POINTS
Flowers from the Conceirge (no clue, has not called back yet)

Now, I'm not usually going to hustle over to Kansas City to tool around town for a weekend without a good excuse.  You know what my excuse is?  I have the points and I'm a good husband.

Be a good husband dumbass, get the card.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: January 13, 2012, 12:05:35 PM »
Small timey spg update.

My spg amex balance is 42K (thanks sd/daris!) so I decided to take my wife to KC for a nice little weekend.  Staying at the Sheraton Suites (Level 3, upgrade to spg floor 8000 total points)  Friday night Capital Grille then a movie at the AMC Mainstreet 6, Saturday morning breakfast on the Plaza then Nelson-Atkins, some Plaza shopping then hit the road and tuck her in for a nap while I attend the OOD for beat down that smelly loser Lon Kruger.

Capital Grille  $120
AMC Mainstreet $50-60
Nelson-Atkins FREE

Now, I'm not usually going to hustle over to Kansas City to tool around town for a weekend without a good excuse.  You know what my excuse is?  I have the points and I'm a good husband.

sounds great, doubt you can get out of Capital for $120 though.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: January 13, 2012, 12:15:50 PM »
Looking for a new card.  Spent my 100k Saphire points on fun stuff and am jonesing for more points to spend on more fun stuff.  Not really interested in travel related stuff.  I have eleventy billion Marriott points and don't care to travel much on my own time. 

TIA

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: January 13, 2012, 12:31:02 PM »
Small timey spg update.

Capital Grille  $120
AMC Mainstreet $50-60
Nelson-Atkins FREE

sounds great, doubt you can get out of Capital for $120 though.

Only one person drinking.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: January 13, 2012, 01:37:31 PM »
Looking for a new card.  Spent my 100k Saphire points on fun stuff and am jonesing for more points to spend on more fun stuff.  Not really interested in travel related stuff.  I have eleventy billion Marriott points and don't care to travel much on my own time. 

TIA

citi thank you premier.  50k thank you points.  fee waived first year.  need $2,500 spend.

https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-cards/citi-thankyou-premier-card/

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: January 13, 2012, 02:01:52 PM »

TIA

citi thank you premier.  50k thank you points.  fee waived first year.  need $2,500 spend.

:pbj: have the normal citi but replaced it with my Saphire. May do this since I still have some thank you points.

Have to cancel my first card soon. Pretty :ohno:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: January 15, 2012, 09:13:58 AM »
Low credit card churning iq (lccciq) question. Can Mrs. SF get the same deal on the cards I get, or is it like 1 deal per household?  In the 2 I have done so far, I have just added her and got her a card.

TIA

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: January 15, 2012, 10:09:28 AM »
Low credit card churning iq (lccciq) question. Can Mrs. SF get the same deal on the cards I get, or is it like 1 deal per household?  In the 2 I have done so far, I have just added her and got her a card.

TIA

you are lucky you aren't on flyertalk because I would PI the crap out of you if we were.  But, since we're here, yes.  You can both get the same cards. 

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: January 15, 2012, 10:23:31 AM »

TIA

you are lucky you aren't on flyertalk because I would PI the crap out of you if we were.  But, since we're here, yes.  You can both get the same cards. 

i've registered there, but haven't posted. for fear of that.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: January 15, 2012, 11:55:12 AM »

TIA

i've registered there, but haven't posted. for fear of that.

Its pretty much the toughest board I've ever seen.  I would never post there

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: January 15, 2012, 02:04:24 PM »
I'm really disappointed in the cowardice people here have regarding flyertalk. Makes me want to troll the eff out of that board.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: January 15, 2012, 02:41:49 PM »
the lack of attractive sign up offers now is pissing me the eff off.  am i really going to have to get a capital one venture card with just a 10k bonus?  what a joke.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: January 15, 2012, 02:43:05 PM »
I'm really disappointed in the cowardice people here have regarding flyertalk. Makes me want to troll the eff out of that board.

report back, tia

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: January 15, 2012, 04:04:01 PM »

TIA

For this card you have to book through citi? Which airlines do they use? Is 50k thank you points about the same as 50k points for a regular airline?

Please don't PI me.  :frown:

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: January 15, 2012, 04:21:06 PM »
Ignore previous post.

Here's a good thread that the google machine found that gave me a lot of info.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/596403/

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1692 on: January 16, 2012, 06:12:13 AM »
He didn't want travel points, that's why I suggested that one.  But, mrs. dave and I are spending 7 nights at the Grand Hyatt Kauai in May and are both getting this card to get the Hyatt gift cards so we can blow $1k+ at the bar/spa at the resort while we are there. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: January 16, 2012, 07:26:56 AM »
Just spent 125k Priority Club Points  :frown:

Also, PC reward rates are going to go up at a lot of their better properties on the 18th, they will still honor the old rate through the end of February if you call and bitch about it though

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: January 16, 2012, 08:46:51 AM »

Just spent 125k Priority Club Points  :frown:

You're starting to remind of the Skyrim thread, 'cept instead of cheese wheels, you're using points. 
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: January 16, 2012, 12:18:17 PM »
Just spent 125k Priority Club Points  :frown:

Also, PC reward rates are going to go up at a lot of their better properties on the 18th, they will still honor the old rate through the end of February if you call and bitch about it though

Where did this 125k go?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: January 16, 2012, 12:26:03 PM »
Just spent 125k Priority Club Points  :frown:

Where did this 125k go?

a crowne plaza in london

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: January 16, 2012, 12:26:46 PM »
He didn't want travel points, that's why I suggested that one.  But, mrs. dave and I are spending 7 nights at the Grand Hyatt Kauai in May and are both getting this card to get the Hyatt gift cards so we can blow $1k+ at the bar/spa at the resort while we are there. 

Can you combine Thank you points?  I have some from my generic Citi card that I just keep because I have had it for 10 years.  

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: January 16, 2012, 12:28:24 PM »

Can you combine Thank you points?  I have some from my generic Citi card that I just keep because I have had it for 10 years.  

you mean, like, your own thank you points from that old card and your new card points go to the same account?  my guess would be yes.  that's how it works with Chase UR and Amex MR accounts anyway.  if you mean like you and the wife each get it and you both try to have your points go to the same account?  no.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: January 18, 2012, 09:44:29 AM »
Just got an email offer for a marriott premier cc, 50,000 points after first use, plus a free night, no min spend, and no annual fee for the first year. I'm not familiar with the marriott program, does 50k amount to much? should I get it?
I'm purple down