Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1005689 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1625 on: December 22, 2011, 11:24:26 AM »
Kind of a noob question, but is it going to throw up any red flags if I my wife signs up for the exact same cards that I do?

no

kthnx

One more question...any tips for getting to the spending minimums on multiple cards other than Amazon Payments?  That's good for one card, but if I've got 2 or 3 cards going at once I'll never get to my minimums on all the cards if I can only do $1,000/mo. on Amazon.  Has anybody gone the gift card route?

Sorry if I'm asking questions that have already been posted.  Haven't scoured the thread completely.  :shy:

i purchased a $1,400 dollar fully refundable southwest ticket because i wasn't going to meet the minimum on one of my cards during my last run and then cancelled it after the points hit the account.

That makes sense.  How long does it take for the points to hit the account?  Wouldn't want to have to carry a balance on the card past a month.

i would think it would get there in time to where you wouldn't have to carry a balance. prob depends on the card and the issuer.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: December 22, 2011, 02:43:59 PM »
register AMex to get 5% off gas through the end of january at BP

https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/en/BPHolidayCentsOff2011/

targetted but seemed to work for me

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: December 22, 2011, 04:03:20 PM »
register AMex to get 5% off gas through the end of january at BP

https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/en/BPHolidayCentsOff2011/

targetted but seemed to work for me

thanks...but meh
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: December 23, 2011, 07:45:31 AM »
Go to this link:

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/landingpages/VisaInfiniteGold.aspx

Enter these numbers:  411945

Enter your Hilton Honors info

Boom, free Hilton Gold status for the next year and a half.  In my experience Hilton Gold is much better than other mid tier elite levels.  You get free breakfast (depending on which hilton brand you are staying at), room upgrades including club floor if available, late check out, etc. 

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: December 23, 2011, 08:22:23 AM »
Go to this link:

Boom, free Hilton Gold status for the next year and a half.  In my experience Hilton Gold is much better than other mid tier elite levels.  You get free breakfast (depending on which hilton brand you are staying at), room upgrades including club floor if available, late check out, etc. 

Here's how to enjoy all these privileges:
1. Verify your Visa Infinite card.
2. Login with your Hilton HHonors™ member information. If you are not a member, you can join now. It's easy.
3. Book your hotel and get Gold membership perks in your next trip!

Do you have to do step 3 get Gold or does it give you Gold after 2?

Anyways,  :love:.  What do you want for Christmas SD?  I think I owe you something.  A slew of drinks on me at the Cotton Bowl?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: December 23, 2011, 08:24:13 AM »
you get gold after just entering that number and your info (I am already a gold but used it on mrs. dave's HH account and it showed the status instantly).  you also get 40k HH points after four stays within the next few months which is pretty nice bonus as well if you have some travelling to do.  

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: December 23, 2011, 08:31:38 AM »
you get gold after just entering that number and your info (I am already a gold but used it on mrs. dave's HH account and it showed the status instantly).  you also get 40k HH points after four stays within the next few months which is pretty nice bonus as well if you have some travelling to do.  

Got some traveling to do.  4 stays should be easy.   :cheers:

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: December 23, 2011, 08:34:21 AM »
I am already a gold but used it on mrs. dave's HH account and it showed the status instantly).

Omg, me too.  Clicked the refresh on AwardWallet and it was there.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: December 23, 2011, 10:18:46 AM »
:thumbs:

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: December 23, 2011, 10:44:07 AM »
Boom.  Done.  Staying at a Hilton this weekend.  Great timing.  Hopefully this doesn't turn into the clusterfuck that the intercontinental deal did. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: December 23, 2011, 10:58:39 AM »
go into your Hilton Honors account and you should be able to personalize what you want for your Gold status.  Some chains provide basically nothing (I think Hampton has either extra points or a couple bottles of water) but the higher level hotels offer really good perks and most you can choose to just get extra points instead if you want. 

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: December 23, 2011, 12:33:40 PM »
Just signed up for Hilton Honors membership, 30 seconds later, boom gold status  :love:
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: December 23, 2011, 02:53:19 PM »
If you d00ds have never had status with a program just wait to see how big time you feel the first time you check into a busy hotel and get to stroll up to the Gold/Platinum counter like a boss.  

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: December 24, 2011, 05:54:21 PM »
Go to this link:

:thumbs:

wow, feels pretty good already

Offline SpudCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: December 28, 2011, 01:08:35 PM »
Go to this link:

I got an "Invalid Visa Infinite Card number" when using the above info.  Couldn't even get past step 1... :bawl:

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: December 28, 2011, 02:31:18 PM »
Go to this link:

I got an "Invalid Visa Infinite Card number" when using the above info.  Couldn't even get past step 1... :bawl:

Try it again. I got the same message the first time I tried it.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: December 28, 2011, 08:22:57 PM »
I get a "pre-qualified" blackcard promo in the mail about once a week. Totally blowing them off b/c of this thread. 495 annual rate? Are you rough ridin' kidding me?
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: December 28, 2011, 08:28:18 PM »
I did the chase sapphire promo. Should I convert them to avios? I think I can get 3 rt flights instead of 2 with their system that way
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: December 28, 2011, 09:30:48 PM »
I did the chase sapphire promo. Should I convert them to avios? I think I can get 3 rt flights instead of 2 with their system that way

just depends on what you want to use the sapphire points for. i'd leave them in the sapphire rewards until you want to use them. are you talking about avios vs american and are you wanting to book flights soon/now?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: December 28, 2011, 10:10:10 PM »

just depends on what you want to use the sapphire points for. i'd leave them in the sapphire rewards until you want to use them. are you talking about avios vs american and are you wanting to book flights soon/now?

I would like to use them for airfare.  I suppose I could go american. I know Avios will stretch farther for shorter reward flights, will AA do the same?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: December 29, 2011, 02:03:12 PM »
I get a "pre-qualified" blackcard promo in the mail about once a week. Totally blowing them off b/c of this thread. 495 annual rate? Are you rough ridin' kidding me?

Same here.  You can take that "concierge" service and shove it up your ass.  Who falls for that crap?
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: December 31, 2011, 04:14:00 PM »

Same here.  You can take that "concierge" service and shove it up your ass.  Who falls for that crap?

yeah. wife gets it, I don't. looks stupid. won't do it.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: December 31, 2011, 09:35:52 PM »

yeah. wife gets it, I don't. looks stupid. won't do it.

I'm always disappointed b/c the huge square black envelope also looks like the occasional hugo boss Invite-only sales envelopes.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: January 03, 2012, 09:52:09 AM »
airline/hotel status 2012.  what's everyone looknig at?  I somehow got SPG gold carried over even though I was a few stays short of earning gold.  iirc they did this to me last year too.  pretty nice of them.  Hilton is gold based on the link I posted a few days ago but I would have been curious to see if I would have gotten it anyway as I was only a couple of stays short and they also bumped me up last year.  Platinum on Priority Club because of a handful of MHK stays and tons of bonuses.  Platinum Hyatt just because I have the Chase Hyatt card which is a nice benefit.  Those are all mid tier status levels other than Priority Club Platinum but they don't offer as many perks for elites (other than Ambassadors). 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: January 05, 2012, 07:23:21 AM »
Just spent 154k Hyatt Points