Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1004019 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1600 on: December 12, 2011, 10:26:18 AM »
I'm starting to get the feeling that a lot of our posters are high social anxiety types. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: December 12, 2011, 11:47:30 AM »
I'm starting to get the feeling that a lot of our posters are high social anxiety types. 

hmmmmm. i suppose it's possible.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: December 12, 2011, 11:49:15 AM »
i don't like the whole cancel thing.  the time on a couple of cards is coming due, and i'm dreading it.  i hope i don't hurt any of their feelings, they've been so kind to me.

Been dreading this myself.  Does it matter when you cancel?  I mean, the fee obviously hits at a year, but do I need to wait up until right before or can I just cancel 5 months in? 

Tried sending an email through the system asking to waive the fee or give more miles to keep the cards -- got a "please call in" response.
It is irritating that you can do seemingly anything over e-mail/the website except cancel.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: December 12, 2011, 12:06:34 PM »

hmmmmm. i suppose it's possible.
I really dont enjoy talking on the phone. Im fine with face to face interaction, texting, etc. but I dont like talking on the phone very much

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: December 19, 2011, 09:33:11 PM »
EDIT: Nevermind. 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 09:54:44 PM by Rams »
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: December 20, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »
Just got my personal AAdvantage card in the mail, signed up for Amazon Payments and started my CC spreadsheet.  :lick:

I'm going to refinance my mortgage tomorrow so I can go hog wild.  Next up is the AAdvantage business card and Probably Chase Sapphire.

Been wanting to start the churning for a while now, just been too lazy.   :excited:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: December 20, 2011, 04:41:52 PM »
Just got my personal AAdvantage card in the mail, signed up for Amazon Payments and started my CC spreadsheet.  :lick:

I'm going to refinance my mortgage tomorrow so I can go hog wild.  Next up is the AAdvantage business card and Probably Chase Sapphire.

Been wanting to start the churning for a while now, just been too lazy.   :excited:

whats Amazon Payments for?

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: December 20, 2011, 08:53:42 PM »

Racking up the card minimums in a short amount of time.  Amazon Payments allows you to transfer $1,000 with no fees and you can call label it as "Goods/Services".  I set up an individual bank account for myself and one for my wife and we both apply for the same bonus miles credit card.  Then we each make $1,000 transfers from our cards to the other's individual bank account each month and it qualifies as a purchase as far as the CC is concerne. The reality is we just transferred money to our bank account...that we then use to pay off the card each month.  $6,000 in 6 months and we don't have to actually buy anything...or pay any fees.

:kstategrad:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: December 20, 2011, 09:17:01 PM »

you're not getting points though right, as it's treated like a cash advance?
Racking up the card minimums in a short amount of time.  Amazon Payments allows you to transfer $1,000 with no fees and you can call label it as "Goods/Services".  I set up an individual bank account for myself and one for my wife and we both apply for the same bonus miles credit card.  Then we each make $1,000 transfers from our cards to the other's individual bank account each month and it qualifies as a purchase as far as the CC is concerne. The reality is we just transferred money to our bank account...that we then use to pay off the card each month.  $6,000 in 6 months and we don't have to actually buy anything...or pay any fees.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: December 20, 2011, 09:30:59 PM »

No...everything I've read says it's treated like a purchase, though I have heard people say to start with a small amount first because every card is different. 

I haven't actually started this process yet. I'm just prepping everything right now until I get my house refinanced.  I'll report back though.  Maybe others here have used this strategy.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: December 20, 2011, 11:10:58 PM »
I just booked 4 flights for for family members to come visit me in DFW for the Cotton Bowl.  36,000 miles + $20.

I have nothing to thank, but this thread (and the cc companies and airlines, but meh).  Got the points b/c of this.  Found out about the 9k/flight b/c of this.  :EMAW:

:lynchmob:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: December 21, 2011, 07:07:46 AM »
I just booked 4 flights for for family members to come visit me in DFW for the Cotton Bowl.  36,000 miles + $20.

I have nothing to thank, but this thread (and the cc companies and airlines, but meh).  Got the points b/c of this.  Found out about the 9k/flight b/c of this.  :EMAW:

:lynchmob:

:emawkid:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: December 21, 2011, 07:27:49 AM »
Watch the 90 second video at priorityclub.com/visa1000
Enter your priority club number, your four digit pin, and one of the below promotion codes (I did all four at the same time as PC tends to allow stuff like that but who knows):
SKAEXGTNC4
SKAEXR6WC4
SKAEX8M4C4
SKAEX9KYC4
Play the video

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: December 21, 2011, 08:35:59 AM »

No...everything I've read says it's treated like a purchase, though I have heard people say to start with a small amount first because every card is different. 

I haven't actually started this process yet. I'm just prepping everything right now until I get my house refinanced.  I'll report back though.  Maybe others here have used this strategy.

http://www.themrpickles.com/blog1/?p=134

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: December 21, 2011, 09:29:42 AM »

http://www.themrpickles.com/blog1/?p=134

Yeah, well, I don't plan on going THAT crazy.  lol @ the "four way congo."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: December 21, 2011, 10:54:32 PM »
Enter your priority club number, your four digit pin, and one of the below promotion codes (I did all four at the same time as PC tends to allow stuff like that but who knows):
SKAEXGTNC4
SKAEXR6WC4
SKAEX8M4C4
SKAEX9KYC4
Play the video

i watched two.  they first gave me the points for both, but later repo'd 1k points.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: December 22, 2011, 07:02:41 AM »
SKAEXGTNC4
SKAEXR6WC4
SKAEX8M4C4
SKAEX9KYC4
Play the video

i watched two.  they first gave me the points for both, but later repo'd 1k points.

confirmation they read the board I guess

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: December 22, 2011, 09:19:18 AM »
Kind of a noob question, but is it going to throw up any red flags if I my wife signs up for the exact same cards that I do?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: December 22, 2011, 09:19:35 AM »
Kind of a noob question, but is it going to throw up any red flags if I my wife signs up for the exact same cards that I do?

no

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: December 22, 2011, 09:25:44 AM »
so...i waited a long time to get the sw chase cards. got them in the mail yesterday. going to wait until january to use them and then in three months will sign up for the business ones if they are still there. as of now, 110k in a year in southwest points will get you a free companion passes for a year. will be my biggest jackpot ever if it happens and they merge the airtran flights in next spring/summer as expected. will have over 3k in southwest money, bogo flights for a year and the ability to book mexico and the carribean.  :crossfingers:

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1621 on: December 22, 2011, 10:23:18 AM »
so...i waited a long time to get the sw chase cards. got them in the mail yesterday. going to wait until january to use them and then in three months will sign up for the business ones if they are still there. as of now, 110k in a year in southwest points will get you a free companion passes for a year. will be my biggest jackpot ever if it happens and they merge the airtran flights in next spring/summer as expected. will have over 3k in southwest money, bogo flights for a year and the ability to book mexico and the carribean.  :crossfingers:
I know it's been hit on in this thread, but I don't remember where, do you have to do anything special when you sign up for business cc's ? Or can you use the same name and ss #, without a legit business?
I'm purple down

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: December 22, 2011, 10:27:15 AM »

no

kthnx

One more question...any tips for getting to the spending minimums on multiple cards other than Amazon Payments?  That's good for one card, but if I've got 2 or 3 cards going at once I'll never get to my minimums on all the cards if I can only do $1,000/mo. on Amazon.  Has anybody gone the gift card route?

Sorry if I'm asking questions that have already been posted.  Haven't scoured the thread completely.  :shy:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: December 22, 2011, 10:36:02 AM »

no

kthnx

One more question...any tips for getting to the spending minimums on multiple cards other than Amazon Payments?  That's good for one card, but if I've got 2 or 3 cards going at once I'll never get to my minimums on all the cards if I can only do $1,000/mo. on Amazon.  Has anybody gone the gift card route?

Sorry if I'm asking questions that have already been posted.  Haven't scoured the thread completely.  :shy:

i purchased a $1,400 dollar fully refundable southwest ticket because i wasn't going to meet the minimum on one of my cards during my last run and then cancelled it after the points hit the account.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: December 22, 2011, 11:15:58 AM »

no

kthnx

i purchased a $1,400 dollar fully refundable southwest ticket because i wasn't going to meet the minimum on one of my cards during my last run and then cancelled it after the points hit the account.

That makes sense.  How long does it take for the points to hit the account?  Wouldn't want to have to carry a balance on the card past a month.