Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1004856 times)

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1525 on: November 23, 2011, 07:02:53 AM »
steve dave, I have 2 credit cards.

are you adverse to applying for roughly 15 more in one day?  

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: November 29, 2011, 06:46:48 PM »
Dear AAdvantage® Member,

As you may know, on Tuesday, November 29, American Airlines filed for reorganization under Chapter 11. We took this action as part of our efforts to secure our long-term success in delivering the highest standards in air travel. We are committed to meeting your travel needs with outstanding customer service and safety, and it will be business as usual at American throughout our reorganization process. More than 80,000 people at American appreciate your loyalty and look forward to continuing to serve you.

We want to assure you that your AAdvantage® miles are secure. The AAdvantage miles that you've earned are yours and will stay yours, subject to usual policies, until you choose to redeem them for a great award with us. Likewise, your elite qualifying miles and your elite status, including lifetime status granted under the Million MilerSM program is secure and remains intact. You will continue to earn miles through all our existing AAdvantage participating companies and you will be able to redeem those miles for the same great awards — flights, upgrades, car rentals and hotels just to name a few. And, throughout the coming year, we will be adding even more opportunities to earn miles, as well as new ways to redeem those miles.

American is honoring all tickets and reservations as usual, and making normal refunds and exchanges. And, we intend to maintain a strong presence in domestic and international markets. As we and all airlines routinely do, we will continue to evaluate our operations and service, assuring that our network is as efficient and productive as possible. Additionally, relationships with our oneworld Alliance and other codeshare partners are continuing to provide you with opportunities to earn and redeem miles for travel to hundreds of destinations worldwide, and we are honoring all tickets and reservations for travel on our partner airlines as usual. For information about American's reorganization process, please visit AA.com/restructuring.

Even more importantly, we remain committed to providing a superior customer experience with a focus on delivering what our customers value most — the newest fleet with our upcoming aircraft deliveries, network strength in the important cities of the world and world-class products, service and technology.

American Airlines has a proud history, and we will have a successful future. All of us on the American team thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you aboard soon.

Sincerely,

Maya Leibman
President — AAdvantage Loyalty Program

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: November 29, 2011, 06:47:52 PM »
Also, did everyone do the small business saturday thing?  Got $125 in loot.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: November 29, 2011, 06:52:32 PM »
Dear AAdvantage® Member,

As you may know, on Tuesday, November 29, American Airlines filed for reorganization under Chapter 11. We took this action as part of our efforts to secure our long-term success in delivering the highest standards in air travel. We are committed to meeting your travel needs with outstanding customer service and safety, and it will be business as usual at American throughout our reorganization process. More than 80,000 people at American appreciate your loyalty and look forward to continuing to serve you.

We want to assure you that your AAdvantage® miles are secure. The AAdvantage miles that you've earned are yours and will stay yours, subject to usual policies, until you choose to redeem them for a great award with us. Likewise, your elite qualifying miles and your elite status, including lifetime status granted under the Million MilerSM program is secure and remains intact. You will continue to earn miles through all our existing AAdvantage participating companies and you will be able to redeem those miles for the same great awards — flights, upgrades, car rentals and hotels just to name a few. And, throughout the coming year, we will be adding even more opportunities to earn miles, as well as new ways to redeem those miles.

American is honoring all tickets and reservations as usual, and making normal refunds and exchanges. And, we intend to maintain a strong presence in domestic and international markets. As we and all airlines routinely do, we will continue to evaluate our operations and service, assuring that our network is as efficient and productive as possible. Additionally, relationships with our oneworld Alliance and other codeshare partners are continuing to provide you with opportunities to earn and redeem miles for travel to hundreds of destinations worldwide, and we are honoring all tickets and reservations for travel on our partner airlines as usual. For information about American's reorganization process, please visit AA.com/restructuring.

Even more importantly, we remain committed to providing a superior customer experience with a focus on delivering what our customers value most — the newest fleet with our upcoming aircraft deliveries, network strength in the important cities of the world and world-class products, service and technology.

American Airlines has a proud history, and we will have a successful future. All of us on the American team thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you aboard soon.

Sincerely,

Maya Leibman
President — AAdvantage Loyalty Program

Got that, don't completely trust them.  I figure a year til they mention a program restructure in some way, shape or form.  At least all my BA is now better for domestics

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: November 29, 2011, 07:01:29 PM »
I'm not too worried about AA miles.  My guess is they announce a merger with US Air within a year anyway.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: November 29, 2011, 07:11:49 PM »
I got email confirmation a few minutes after each card got used, they really have their crap together for the small biz saturday thing. Hope it continues.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: November 29, 2011, 09:23:32 PM »
Hope you have all been raping and pillaging the AMEX Gift Chain.   I bought a toy and $100 in walmart gift cards last night and netted $215 in free gift cards and statement credits plus 500pts.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: November 29, 2011, 10:10:48 PM »
Hope you have all been raping and pillaging the AMEX Gift Chain.   I bought a toy and $100 in walmart gift cards last night and netted $215 in free gift cards and statement credits plus 500pts.

Googled it after I read your post. Sounds fun, thanks.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline reidrolled

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: November 30, 2011, 07:22:44 PM »
Im ready to get my first credit card. probably wont use it a whole lot. help me out please? :dunno:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: November 30, 2011, 07:51:21 PM »
Im ready to get my first credit card. probably wont use it a whole lot. help me out please? :dunno:

what do you want to do?  do you want flights or hotels?  do you have anywhere you want to go in a year or more from now?

Offline reidrolled

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: November 30, 2011, 07:56:50 PM »

what do you want to do?  do you want flights or hotels?  do you have anywhere you want to go in a year or more from now?

I would rather do flights.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: November 30, 2011, 08:04:19 PM »

either get the chase sapphire preffered for 50k or citi AA for 50k.  either will get you 2 round trip domestics

Offline reidrolled

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: November 30, 2011, 09:39:08 PM »

what do you want to do?  do you want flights or hotels?  do you have anywhere you want to go in a year or more from now?

either get the chase sapphire preffered for 50k or citi AA for 50k.  either will get you 2 round trip domestics

great! thanks for the help  :cheers:

just looked at it.. I doubt I will spend $3000 in 3 months. are there some loopholes for getting around this?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 09:45:54 PM by reidrolled »

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: November 30, 2011, 09:40:51 PM »
:angry: you already had to have an amex card  :shakesfist:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: November 30, 2011, 09:51:42 PM »

what do you want to do?  do you want flights or hotels?  do you have anywhere you want to go in a year or more from now?

either get the chase sapphire preffered for 50k or citi AA for 50k.  either will get you 2 round trip domestics

just looked at it.. I doubt I will spend $3000 in 3 months. are there some loopholes for getting around this?

yes. kind of. also, where do u live and where do u want to fly to?

Offline reidrolled

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: November 30, 2011, 09:55:59 PM »

KC. probably fly to vegas, chicago or somewhere else in the next year

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: November 30, 2011, 10:00:31 PM »

either get the chase sapphire preffered for 50k or citi AA for 50k.  either will get you 2 round trip domestics

great! thanks for the help  :cheers:

KC. probably fly to vegas, chicago or somewhere else in the next year

the 50k southwest card wouldn't be a bad option then. you have to pay like 60 dollars to get it but you only have to use it once to get the points and the points aren't even really points. they're basically cash to use on any flight, no blackouts etc. worth somewhere around 700-800 dollars on southwest.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 10:15:49 PM by rick daris »

Offline reidrolled

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: November 30, 2011, 10:09:29 PM »
I think I am going to go with the chase card. go cats, fear the beard  :excited:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: November 30, 2011, 10:27:16 PM »
50k Southwest expired :(
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: November 30, 2011, 10:44:16 PM »
Its been mentioned on here but Vegas is usually a cheap enough flight to pay for and you'll get more value spending points elsewhere

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: December 01, 2011, 08:35:06 AM »

nope
lp

I think lp may stand for "link please" rd (rick daris).  not 100% certain though.  hemmy, confirm?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: December 01, 2011, 08:45:36 AM »

nope
lp

I think lp may stand for "link please" rd (rick daris).  not 100% certain though.  hemmy, confirm?

it could also stand for "long playing" and he (saul) could be using it as slang for an old record or something. not 100% certain though. michigancat, confirm?

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: December 01, 2011, 08:46:58 AM »
 :frown: