Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1004596 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1475 on: November 05, 2011, 08:20:38 AM »
I'm pretty sure you already have it if you got the 100k. But yes, points are the same.

Nope, I just have the Saphire and it has no annual fee.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1476 on: November 09, 2011, 05:49:51 PM »
not a hotel/airline related card but I got a mailer for the amex blue cash everyday card

$1000 spend in 90 days and you get $150 cash back

https://www304.americanexpress.com/personal-card-application/rsvp/blue-cash-everyday-credit-card/login?showDhtml=true
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: November 09, 2011, 06:57:14 PM »
not a hotel/airline related card but I got a mailer for the amex blue cash everyday card

$1000 spend in 90 days and you get $150 cash back

https://www304.americanexpress.com/personal-card-application/rsvp/blue-cash-everyday-credit-card/login?showDhtml=true

that's awful.  do not get.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: November 10, 2011, 07:26:58 AM »
ridiculously fun/useful site.  will probably end up playing with this the rest of the day.

https://www.pointhub.com/

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: November 10, 2011, 10:38:25 AM »
ridiculously fun/useful site.  will probably end up playing with this the rest of the day.

oh my

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: November 10, 2011, 09:50:45 PM »

oh my

Which is better awardwallet or pointhub? I need to sign up for one, but don't really want to sign up for both
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: November 11, 2011, 06:12:33 AM »
They aren't really comparable. Should sign up for awardwallet (kind of pissed that you haven't already). Don't see a huge benefit to signing up for pointhub because you can use the database anyway. But, its still in beta so they could add other stuff.  Also, if signing up at pointhub don't waste your time entering your info for the various chains in each program (ie Hampton/Hilton/Doubletree/Embassey/Etc.).  I did this and it took forever and ultimately was a waste of time.  I contacted the owner of pointhub and he confirmed that you only need to enter for one.  the others were just in there because if you click on the chain it will tell you info about locations and redemptions and stuff.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: November 11, 2011, 07:24:29 AM »
For those of you with the Priority Club Visa, how long did it take after first purchase for your miles to credit?

real fast.  didn't track the time exactly, but it was like a couple of weeks or something crazy like that.  wish i'd gotten 80k though.

I applied for it the day I made this post, got it about 6 days later, made one purchase that day, got the points today.  pretty quick turnaround.

Offline SpudCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: November 11, 2011, 02:19:01 PM »
The Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus card bonus offer expires today for those that are interested in that kind of thing.

Its 50,000 points after your first purchase (equivalent of $800+ of "Wanna Get Away" fares).  Comes with a $69 annual fee, but worth the price, especially if you fly Southwest a lot.  The bonus points count towards the Companion Pass if you fly SW a lot a lot.  See link below for further information.

http://thepointsguy.com/2011/11/50000-point-southwest-card-bonus-expires-tomorrow/

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: November 11, 2011, 02:55:55 PM »
They aren't really comparable. Should sign up for awardwallet (kind of pissed that you haven't already).

i would sign up for awardwallet, but i'm not doing business with them after the way they pulled their sponsorship of the combo-fanning board.  surprised you are willing to forgive and forget, but i'll carry the grudge for you, if need be.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: November 11, 2011, 02:59:10 PM »
They aren't really comparable. Should sign up for awardwallet (kind of pissed that you haven't already).

i would sign up for awardwallet, but i'm not doing business with them after the way they pulled their sponsorship of the combo-fanning board.  surprised you are willing to forgive and forget, but i'll carry the grudge for you, if need be.

yeah, they got some bad info.  not their fault.  also they just had us pull their ad from the board but didn't pull back their sweet sweet sponsership proceeds to goEMAW. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: November 11, 2011, 03:09:15 PM »
yeah, they got some bad info.  not their fault.

eff that.  in awardwallet, as in everything else in the world, never forgive, never forget.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: November 11, 2011, 03:23:57 PM »
yeah, they got some bad info.  not their fault.

eff that.  in awardwallet, as in everything else in the world, never forgive, never forget.

We won that deal.  We got free codes in exchange for having to post their link and name.  Fitz fitzed us.  We kept our payment and got to take their link down from the front page and re-sell their ad space.  Look for the pointhub combofanning board coming soon.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: November 11, 2011, 04:37:53 PM »
i don't care if it worked out economically.  they slapped us in the face, telling the whole world that they would rather not be associated with goEMAW.com.  it was an insult.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: November 11, 2011, 05:41:13 PM »
i don't care if it worked out economically.  they slapped us in the face, telling the whole world that they would rather not be associated with goEMAW.com.  it was an insult.

sys makes a good point.  if goEMAW stands for anything it's destroying the lives of people who want nothing to do with us.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: November 11, 2011, 05:58:04 PM »
Ok. But seems sys' best response is to take awardwallet premium and not pay for it, courtesy of goEMAW.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: November 11, 2011, 06:16:09 PM »
Ok. But seems sys' best response is to take awardwallet premium and not pay for it, courtesy of goEMAW.

oh, are those still around?  i want one.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: November 11, 2011, 08:04:02 PM »

oh, are those still around?  i want one.

code:

free-hcyvwq

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: November 11, 2011, 08:11:57 PM »

Offline SpudCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: November 13, 2011, 10:33:20 PM »
Question for SD or RD or anyone else who may know.  I'm going to apply for the Sapphire Preferred here in the next few days.  My wife already has a Freedom card (which I'm an authorized user on) that we've had for a while and have a decent amount of Ultimate Rewards points accumulated.  Obviously, I want to be able to transfer those points to the Sapphire Preferred and subsequently to a hotel/airline program when the time comes.  My question is, if I sign up for the Sapphire card, will we be able to transfer those UR points from the Freedom card to my Sapphire account or can we only transfer them to an account in her name?  Essentially, could we transfer her Freedom UR points to my Sapphire Preferred UR account?

Will eventually have Sapphires for both of us, but with the spend requirement, I'll only do one at a time.  So, if we won't be able to transfer across accounts, I'll get her the Sapphire first as opposed to me.  Any one know or have any thoughts?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: November 13, 2011, 10:39:37 PM »
Question for SD or RD or anyone else who may know.  I'm going to apply for the Sapphire Preferred here in the next few days.  My wife already has a Freedom card (which I'm an authorized user on) that we've had for a while and have a decent amount of Ultimate Rewards points accumulated.  Obviously, I want to be able to transfer those points to the Sapphire Preferred and subsequently to a hotel/airline program when the time comes.  My question is, if I sign up for the Sapphire card, will we be able to transfer those UR points from the Freedom card to my Sapphire account or can we only transfer them to an account in her name?  Essentially, could we transfer her Freedom UR points to my Sapphire Preferred UR account?

Will eventually have Sapphires for both of us, but with the spend requirement, I'll only do one at a time.  So, if we won't be able to transfer across accounts, I'll get her the Sapphire first as opposed to me.  Any one know or have any thoughts?

i don't have to work tomorrow and am like six drinks in and could not make sense of your post. maybe use ultimate rewards and sapphire a little less and try again. or just wait until sd checks this thread around 640am tomorrow morning and correctly answers your question. i'd prob go the sd route.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: November 14, 2011, 07:16:14 AM »

I think you can only transfer them into your own chase account so that's probably not going to work.  Worth a shot though if you want to get it first.  the points can just hang out until she gets the card.

Offline SpudCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: November 14, 2011, 08:59:27 AM »
I think you can only transfer them into your own chase account so that's probably not going to work.  Worth a shot though if you want to get it first.  the points can just hang out until she gets the card.

But, once you get them into a Sapphire account, you can transfer them to anyone's hotel/airline account, correct?  So, theoretically, we could both have 50k+ Sapphire points in separate accounts, but be able to transfer them to the same (say) Hyatt account, right?