Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1005044 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1450 on: October 27, 2011, 09:29:43 PM »
For those of you with the Priority Club Visa, how long did it take after first purchase for your miles to credit?

real fast.  didn't track the time exactly, but it was like a couple of weeks or something crazy like that.  wish i'd gotten 80k though.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: October 28, 2011, 06:57:40 AM »
The only reason I got an 80k offer is because I got Priority Club Platinum via the Crack the Case eff up they had. 

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: October 28, 2011, 07:26:45 PM »
So when booking a flight like five or six months out, the options for points flights are pretty rough ridin' horrible.  How likely is it that people cancel and more flights become available over time?  Or do they book up quick and you just have to take what you can get and go with it?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: October 28, 2011, 07:31:01 PM »
So when booking a flight like five or six months out, the options for points flights are pretty rough ridin' horrible.  How likely is it that people cancel and more flights become available over time?  Or do they book up quick and you just have to take what you can get and go with it?

You will probably have more availability the closer you get depending on who you fly with.  American opened up like a saigon whore with a week to go before my last flight, but it makes for a pretty nerve wracking wait.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: October 28, 2011, 07:31:43 PM »

If you are trying to book to a vacation type destination you have to book basically a year out with some programs.  But, a week out everything that is unsold comes available with some programs as well.  It's tough.  I can get to NYC right now from Omaha about anytime in the next two months.  going to hawaii is not happening though.  

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: November 03, 2011, 01:35:36 PM »
Just a reminder that everyone should register all their amex cards with the small biz saturday promotion.  $25 statement credit per card for purchases made the saturday after thanksgiving anywhere that isn't a chain.  If your spouse has a card on your account you may be able to register their card as well (didn't work with the AA amex but was able to register both SPG amexs).  We basically got handed $150.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: November 03, 2011, 08:07:30 PM »
d-bag who is very high on himself breaks down cards/cancelling/spend pretty well:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfromthewing/2011/11/03/a-lesson-in-credit-card-churning-what-cards-do-you-cancel-and-when/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+boardingarea%2Fviewfromthewing+%28View+from+the+Wing%29

man i hate that guy. also, did you see that brian added staff? man. that giant pclams lookalike points blogging freak must be just printing points blogging money. :should'vebeenus:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: November 03, 2011, 08:10:15 PM »
d-bag who is very high on himself breaks down cards/cancelling/spend pretty well:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfromthewing/2011/11/03/a-lesson-in-credit-card-churning-what-cards-do-you-cancel-and-when/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+boardingarea%2Fviewfromthewing+%28View+from+the+Wing%29

man i hate that guy. also, did you see that brian added staff? man. that giant pclams lookalike points blogging freak must be just printing points blogging money. :should'vebeenus:

Oh man, I know.  He hired his also very attractive also obviously gay friend to be the food guy for christ's sake.  Guy is absolutely living the dream. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: November 03, 2011, 08:13:52 PM »
so, I was shocked I got approved for that priority club 80k card given I had 3 active chase cards already.  got it today....$1k limit  :lol:  My guess is they were required to approve all PC platinums that they solicited for the promotion.  I was only going to make one purchase on it anyway but hilarious none the less. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: November 03, 2011, 08:23:29 PM »
so, I was shocked I got approved for that priority club 80k card given I had 3 active chase cards already.  got it today....$1k limit  :lol:  My guess is they were required to approve all PC platinums that they solicited for the promotion.  I was only going to make one purchase on it anyway but hilarious none the less. 

my wife has four chase cards as well so the whole three max thing obviously isn't real. the 1k limit is hilarious though. maybe you can use it to buy an odells ipa at the krugpark.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: November 03, 2011, 08:33:07 PM »
I've got 5 chase cards currently.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: November 03, 2011, 08:34:03 PM »
I've got 5 chase cards currently.

:surprised:

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: November 03, 2011, 08:41:02 PM »
just got my chase sapphire preferred card, love the way it looks, with the clean front and cc #'s on the back, it also feels like it weighs more than the average cc, has anyone else noticed this?
I'm purple down

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: November 03, 2011, 08:57:30 PM »
just got my chase sapphire preferred card, love the way it looks, with the clean front and cc #'s on the back, it also feels like it weighs more than the average cc, has anyone else noticed this?

Yes, commoner waitresses* think I'm Jay-Z or something when they have to heave it up off the table.

*great gals, and guys

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: November 03, 2011, 09:05:35 PM »
i hate that god damn card and all the extra talking it made me do.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: November 03, 2011, 09:09:14 PM »
who cares how many cards you got kid? if you need another one either steal an identify of a neighbor or just go apply for a new one but crap don't give me the digits 'cause that thing will be full asap LOL smh.

deuces son, deuces

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: November 03, 2011, 09:44:58 PM »

Yes, commoner waitresses* think I'm Jay-Z or something when they have to heave it up off the table.

*great gals, and guys

Lol, it is pretty hilarious/annoying watching them stare at the card.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: November 03, 2011, 09:50:48 PM »

*great gals, and guys

Lol, it is pretty hilarious/annoying watching them stare at the card.

:excited: can't wait to use it at a restaurant!
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1472 on: November 04, 2011, 06:22:32 AM »
Person: Is this some sort of special card?

Me: Yes

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: November 04, 2011, 04:42:30 PM »
OK so, I got the Saphire and 100k points a few months ago.  Can I get the Preferred card too?  I just got the 50k offer.  Are the points systems the same?

TIA

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1474 on: November 05, 2011, 07:56:08 AM »
I'm pretty sure you already have it if you got the 100k. But yes, points are the same.