Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 983275 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #901 on: June 18, 2011, 10:37:26 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 18, 2011, 10:43:48 PM »
http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2011/06/its-bump-bonus-time-chase-sapphire.html

:love:  Could be a good one...

Don't think it's real. We'll see. Would be amazing.

def. skeptical, but would be awesome

Is it a no-lose situation to hold off on getting the 50K Sapphire while checking back here for the next few weeks to see if sd and daris have gotten to the bottom of this 100K talk?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 18, 2011, 11:35:48 PM »
http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2011/06/its-bump-bonus-time-chase-sapphire.html

:love:  Could be a good one...

Don't think it's real. We'll see. Would be amazing.

def. skeptical, but would be awesome

Is it a no-lose situation to hold off on getting the 50K Sapphire while checking back here for the next few weeks to see if sd and daris have gotten to the bottom of this 100K talk?

Its targeted, but my plan would be to apply for the 50K then try to talk them into the 100K once accepted.  Don't see me as being lucky enough to be in the target otherwise.  Still, no harm in waiting for someone on FlyerTalk to guinea pig this crap
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 11:39:43 PM by ChiCat »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 19, 2011, 09:26:51 AM »
If I can get 100k Chase Sapphire points my Hawaii Hyatt points problem is rough ridin' solved.  I've already been accepted for the 50k and when the card arrives I will call and badger them to change it to the 100k and post results. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 19, 2011, 12:41:57 PM »
If I can get 100k Chase Sapphire points my Hawaii Hyatt points problem is rough ridin' solved.  I've already been accepted for the 50k and when the card arrives I will call and badger them to change it to the 100k and post results. 

The call/badger plan seems to work with amazing results per FlyerTalk People

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 19, 2011, 12:50:15 PM »

I'm am really good at complaining to get crap I want when it comes to hotel/airline miles.  johnny wichita is very bad at it according to the rumor mill. 

Offline bradleigh

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 19, 2011, 12:55:11 PM »
2/8/11 - Never Forget

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 19, 2011, 12:56:29 PM »
If you're looking for something to buy to get miles/rewards.

http://lifehacker.com/5812114/get-extra-frequent-flyer-miles-by-using-a-credit-card-to-buy-1-coins-straight-from-the-us-mint

yeah, we've discussed that in this thread.  Some card companies will cancel your account if you do it and some let it slide.  I haven't done it before. 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 19, 2011, 12:59:02 PM »
If I can get 100k Chase Sapphire points my Hawaii Hyatt points problem is effing solved.  I've already been accepted for the 50k and when the card arrives I will call and badger them to change it to the 100k and post results. 

I'm am really good at complaining to get crap I want when it comes to hotel/airline miles.  johnny wichita is very bad at it according to the rumor mill. 

Could you make up a script to follow?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 19, 2011, 12:59:30 PM »
If I can get 100k Chase Sapphire points my Hawaii Hyatt points problem is rough ridin' solved.  I've already been accepted for the 50k and when the card arrives I will call and badger them to change it to the 100k and post results.  

I'm am really good at complaining to get crap I want when it comes to hotel/airline miles.  johnny wichita is very bad at it according to the rumor mill.  

So as somebody who hasn't applied for Sapphire, get the easy 50K now and start warming up my complaining, or call Chase and give them that dude's codes and see if that works?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: June 19, 2011, 01:03:35 PM »
If I can get 100k Chase Sapphire points my Hawaii Hyatt points problem is rough ridin' solved.  I've already been accepted for the 50k and when the card arrives I will call and badger them to change it to the 100k and post results.  

I'm am really good at complaining to get crap I want when it comes to hotel/airline miles.  johnny wichita is very bad at it according to the rumor mill.  

So as somebody who hasn't applied for Sapphire, get the easy 50K now and start warming up my complaining, or call Chase and give them that dude's codes and see if that works?

that code doesn't work for me online anyway so it appears to be a specific code for each targeted applicant.  I think the apply for 50K and then complain to get 100k or call and ask to apply for 100k are the options here. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 19, 2011, 01:04:55 PM »
I'm really good at complaining to get crap I want when it comes to hotel/airline miles.  johnny wichita is very bad at it according to the rumor mill. 

i don't apply for stuff sometimes because i know i'd be very bad at it.  it really holds me back.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 19, 2011, 01:14:27 PM »
If I can get 100k Chase Sapphire points my Hawaii Hyatt points problem is effing solved.  I've already been accepted for the 50k and when the card arrives I will call and badger them to change it to the 100k and post results.  

Could you make up a script to follow?

This please, like do you start nice and then get assholey if they don't give you what you want or go straight assholey mode?

« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 07:15:49 PM by raquetcat »
I'm purple down

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: June 19, 2011, 01:39:24 PM »
that code doesn't work for me online anyway so it appears to be a specific code for each targeted applicant.  I think the apply for 50K and then complain to get 100k or call and ask to apply for 100k are the options here. 

Doesn't appear from other links/blogs that calling and asking to apply for 100K is working.  Secure messaging for the 100K on an existing or in-the-process 50K card is working.  Still not sure if applying for the 50K now that this is all out there will get me the 100K after the SM complaint.  :dunno:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 19, 2011, 01:55:00 PM »
sent the SM.  We will see.  The 50k is about the best deal out there anyway so really no risk.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 19, 2011, 02:05:15 PM »
if I get approved for the adnl 50k I'm going to fist pump the doors off this place.  This will save me $2k at the Hyatt Kauai.  If mrs. dave signs up and also gets it that's another $2k.  unreal.  for doing nothing but spending $3k and no fees. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 19, 2011, 02:10:42 PM »
I went ahead and applied for the 50K just now.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 19, 2011, 04:08:34 PM »

I will be doing the same.  On this type of crap, is there a chance that Citi tries to match it or is that wishful thinking on my part?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #920 on: June 20, 2011, 06:20:01 AM »
I am writing in response to your e-mail concerning the most recently promoted offers for Chase Sapphire customers.

I understand that the offer on your account is for 50000 bonus points after purchases worth $3000.00 within the first 93 days. It is never our intention to cause inconvenience to our customers due to different offers. You are our valued customer hence as a gesture of goodwill, I have added the balance 50000 points to your account which will be reflected in your next statement. I trust this adjustment brightens your day and hope to see a longstanding relationship with Chase. The original 50000 points which were offered will be added to your reward balance once you complete the required amount of purchases within the specified period

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 20, 2011, 06:41:32 AM »
I have added the balance 50000 points to your account which will be reflected in your next statement.

:emawkid: 

Should I wait to actually get approved and have an account before SM'n?  It usually takes a week or 2 for me on Chase cards now that I've gone through so many.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 20, 2011, 06:45:31 AM »

I will be doing the same.  On this type of crap, is there a chance that Citi tries to match it or is that wishful thinking on my part?

:dunno:  I may have mumped up re: the citi thankyou points.  I called yesterday to cancel my citi AA because 1) annual fee coming up, 2) wanted to get the clock going on being able to get that deal again, 3) saw I'd be possibly applying for a Citi HHonors soon (wasn't familiar w/thankyou program) and also saw I'd get that to give me a solid reason to cancel AMEX HHonors quickly.  When they gave me their anti-close person, I rejected the fee waiver but then she was talking about changing it to a Thankyou card and getting 50K points.  I didn't know wtf she was talking about at the time so I insisted on getting the card closed, but I think if I'd been prepared I could've gotten the AA card shifted to a thankyou card w/the 50K points and no fee.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 20, 2011, 06:59:30 AM »

:dunno:  I may have mumped up re: the citi thankyou points.  I called yesterday to cancel my citi AA because 1) annual fee coming up, 2) wanted to get the clock going on being able to get that deal again, 3) saw I'd be possibly applying for a Citi HHonors soon (wasn't familiar w/thankyou program) and also saw I'd get that to give me a solid reason to cancel AMEX HHonors quickly.  When they gave me their anti-close person, I rejected the fee waiver but then she was talking about changing it to a Thankyou card and getting 50K points.  I didn't know wtf she was talking about at the time so I insisted on getting the card closed, but I think if I'd been prepared I could've gotten the AA card shifted to a thankyou card w/the 50K points and no fee.

yeah, that would have been nice.  Plus, no hard credit pull if you worry about that kind of thing. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 20, 2011, 06:59:55 AM »
I have added the balance 50000 points to your account which will be reflected in your next statement.

:emawkid: 

Should I wait to actually get approved and have an account before SM'n?  It usually takes a week or 2 for me on Chase cards now that I've gone through so many.

I would wait to get confirmation that you are approved.