Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 996099 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #825 on: June 11, 2011, 10:56:45 AM »
you can friend expedia on facebook and then click on a link and get $150 for a four night stay. some people are booking four nights at a cheap vegas hotel and pocketing the money. have to used mastercard or something though.

I must be Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) because I can only seem to like them on facebook but can't figure out how to add as a friend.

You like them.  They don't like you.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: June 11, 2011, 11:16:37 AM »
you can friend expedia on facebook and then click on a link and get $150 for a four night stay. some people are booking four nights at a cheap vegas hotel and pocketing the money. have to used mastercard or something though.

I must be respected because I can only seem to like them on facebook but can't figure out how to add as a friend.

Yeah. You just have to like them. Not friend them. Sorry. Some guy has like five different mastercards and used them all with dif accounts and slightly dif addresses to book twenty dollar a night Vegas rooms that he won't show up for but will only total eighty for the for nights. He'll just pocket the seventy dollar difference times five. Three hundred and fifty dollars richer that guy is.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 11, 2011, 12:05:00 PM »

I must be respected because I can only seem to like them on facebook but can't figure out how to add as a friend.

Yeah. You just have to like them. Not friend them. Sorry. Some guy has like five different mastercards and used them all with dif accounts and slightly dif addresses to book twenty dollar a night Vegas rooms that he won't show up for but will only total eighty for the for nights. He'll just pocket the seventy dollar difference times five. Three hundred and fifty dollars richer that guy is.
Guy sounds awesome, does he also have a lawn for me to park in if need be some of this upcoming 2011-2012 Kazzu Football season. I'll listen off the air

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 14, 2011, 07:35:08 PM »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 14, 2011, 07:53:31 PM »

Wife and I completed the BA program for 100k each miles, now have 200k BA miles.  Any chance I can redeem some of these miles through AAdvantage for hotel stays and car rental?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #830 on: June 14, 2011, 08:20:00 PM »

Wife and I completed the BA program for 100k each miles, now have 200k BA miles.  Any chance I can redeem some of these miles through AAdvantage for hotel stays and car rental?

Nope. Flights only.

Offline Dr. tylerhughes

• Fan
  • HEY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 14, 2011, 08:45:10 PM »
<---- is using his dad's bank of America points to replace his old Mac for a new Mac just in time for med school

:gocho:

Also, is this where I post things like this? tia...

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 14, 2011, 09:17:11 PM »

Guy sounds awesome, does he also have a lawn for me to park in if need be some of this upcoming 2011-2012 Kazzu Football season. I'll listen off the air
must be a different guy, a real jerkwad, like one that sets up a challenge for eating slim jims then pulls the rug out

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 15, 2011, 08:09:19 AM »
hypothetical thing or whatever.  So, there's this:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfromthewing/2011/06/11/free-miles-on-your-choice-of-airlines/  

that I posted about before.  You get 1k frontier miles for signing up.  whatever, I already have a frontier account.  won't work for me.  but, the points transfer via points.com which is generally a huge ripoff because of how deep you have to discount your points.  does anyone use points.com?  can you transfer from one person's whatever account to another person's or do they have to all be in the same name?  because, here is the hypothetical part, what is stopping you from signing up with frontier under a thousand different fake names and then transferring all the points via points.com to the same priority club account or something?  probably can't do it for the same name reason I mentioned but whatevs.  

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 15, 2011, 08:50:45 AM »

must be a different guy, a real jerkwad, like one that sets up a challenge for eating slim jims then pulls the rug out

It actually was a different guy. It seemed like a lot of work cause you could only do one per Facebook account so that would mean setting up more Facebook accounts. No thanks. Also SD, thoughts on being able to somewhat churn aa Citibank again? Everybody is saying that if you haven't had the card for a year or more that you can prob get. Currently can sign up for two did personal cards oj same day.75k each with 1500/6 month spend. Prob going to  do it. Thoughts?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 15, 2011, 08:54:14 AM »
rd, post links to the sign ups for those citi aa cards.  I will also do it.  ok, bye.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: June 15, 2011, 09:27:43 AM »
rd, post links to the sign ups for those citi aa cards.  I will also do it.  ok, bye.

Great summary of the best cc deals currently out there...
http://Http://thepointsguy.com/top-deals/

Some more info about Citi aa churning here...
http://Http://millionmilesecrets.com/2011/06/04/see-how-easily-you-can-earn-150000-free-aadvantage-miles/

A lot more talk about the 75k on flyertalk too.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 15, 2011, 09:30:11 AM »
did you see that the pointsguy quit his wallstreet job to do that blog full time?  didn't really get into what exactly he did but seemed to insinuate he made bank.  that guy is living the dream.  I'm considering quitting goEMAW to start goemawtravelblogaboutcreditcardsandpoints.net

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 15, 2011, 09:47:24 AM »
rd, I get an error when trying to use the pointsguys link to the amex card.  I got approved for the visa. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 15, 2011, 09:54:58 AM »
nvm, found a working link on FT.  another $40k in available credit and another 10+ day trip to hawaii or somewhere next year.  it's a rough existance being a cc churner.   :kstategrad:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: June 15, 2011, 09:55:52 AM »
I've been kind of looking at the 75k aa stuff for awhile but it took rd saying he was going to do it to make me not want him to get out ahead of me.  also got the chase saphire which I'm planning to transfer to hyatt points.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 15, 2011, 09:57:00 AM »
did you see that the pointsguy quit his wallstreet job to do that blog full time?  didn't really get into what exactly he did but seemed to insinuate he made bank.  that guy is living the dream.  I'm considering quitting goEMAW to start goEMAWtravelblogaboutcreditcardsandpoints.net

Man. Great for him if true. Absolutely living the dream. Travel for free and occasionally update your points and credit card travel blog. Who would you rather be? Him or a decent looking actor that gets decent work? Let's say Jason Batman for arguments sake. Tough call for me. Prob the travel guy. Dunno.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 15, 2011, 10:06:12 AM »
I've been kind of looking at the 75k aa stuff for awhile but it took rd saying he was going to do it to make me not want him to get out ahead of me.  also got the chase saphire which I'm planning to transfer to hyatt points.

Yeah. That looks ridiculously good. That's just a crapload of hyatt points. Also please post the other flyertalk link that you used. Also, how is Mrs SD with this? Mrs rd is now kind of starting to get slightly annoyed with all the cards and new cards and having to activate and cancel. So frustrating. Thoughts?

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: June 15, 2011, 10:23:07 AM »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: June 15, 2011, 10:26:53 AM »
Jason Batman

lol

That is kind of funny. Should be bateman. Auto correct on the old evo an stuff.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 15, 2011, 11:11:23 AM »

Yeah. That looks ridiculously good. That's just a crapload of hyatt points. Also please post the other flyertalk link that you used. Also, how is Mrs SD with this? Mrs rd is now kind of starting to get slightly annoyed with all the cards and new cards and having to activate and cancel. So frustrating. Thoughts?

mrs. dave will rarely sign up.  she did the BA, SPG 30k and Hyatt 2 free nights but that is all over the last 4 years or so.  Here is the post.  Used the Amex-expired but works link (it's $4k spend to get 75k though I think).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14386923-post2.html

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 15, 2011, 11:16:42 AM »
That post I linked was just updated the 13th so all info should be current.  I'll have to spend $5,500 on the two cards total in 4 months which won't be a problem but will miss out on those 5500 SPG I could have otherwise had. 

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 15, 2011, 11:20:50 AM »
That post I linked was just updated the 13th so all info should be current.  I'll have to spend $5,500 on the two cards total in 4 months which won't be a problem but will miss out on those 5500 SPG I could have otherwise had. 

I thought I saw those links to be 1500 in spending for 6 months?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: June 15, 2011, 11:21:41 AM »

I thought I saw those links to be 1500 in spending for 6 months?

Amex one is listed as expired and not working right now.  Visa and Visa biz are both listed as still working.