Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 983875 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #750 on: April 07, 2011, 12:37:56 PM »
Just messing around with dates there seem to be a lot of flights available into and out of MHK to get to Miami in September.  May require moving the exact day your want to fly around a day or two but overall seems like you will be ok.  

EDIT:  LOL, just realized you probably wanted to book for the football game.  Yeah, you are almost certainly mumped.  I can't imagine there would be any seats available on anything around those dates given the very few planes leaving MHK each day.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 12:42:56 PM by steve dave »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 07, 2011, 12:39:58 PM »
How do you book AA domestic flights with BA miles?  I want to fly out of MHK to Miami in September but I have no clue how to look up availability through BA's website.

Just like you would when using BA to book on BA metal.  It will show no results but give you the option to "include partners" and when you hit this it will show available flights.  You shoudl find the flight you want on AA's website and confirm it is available at the lowest tier to book as this is much easier than navigating for AA on BA's site.  Then go to the BA site and put in the dates you found available on the AA site.  If they don't show up on the BA site but they did on the AA site under the lowest redemption tier you can call BA and they will book them for you.  Tell them you aren't paying the extra phone fee because they wouldn't come up on their site and they will waive the fee.  If they don't see the flight give them the exact flight numbers from the AA site and they will be able to locate it then.

I get the feeling you like using the term "metal" for planes/flights.  Insidery travel talk?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 07, 2011, 12:40:43 PM »
How do you book AA domestic flights with BA miles?  I want to fly out of MHK to Miami in September but I have no clue how to look up availability through BA's website.

Just like you would when using BA to book on BA metal.  It will show no results but give you the option to "include partners" and when you hit this it will show available flights.  You shoudl find the flight you want on AA's website and confirm it is available at the lowest tier to book as this is much easier than navigating for AA on BA's site.  Then go to the BA site and put in the dates you found available on the AA site.  If they don't show up on the BA site but they did on the AA site under the lowest redemption tier you can call BA and they will book them for you.  Tell them you aren't paying the extra phone fee because they wouldn't come up on their site and they will waive the fee.  If they don't see the flight give them the exact flight numbers from the AA site and they will be able to locate it then.

I get the feeling you like using the term "metal" for planes/flights. Insidery travel talk?

yes, confirmed.   :cool:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 07, 2011, 12:42:15 PM »
The closest you can get to the game date is flying out on the 20th and back on the 26th.  Actually not as bad as I thought it would be but you are going to be spending some time in the Miami area.  

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 07, 2011, 12:44:49 PM »
If you fly out of KC there is award availability to fly out on the 22nd and back on the 25th. 

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 07, 2011, 01:02:33 PM »
thanks, sd. If you weren't pulling down so much scrilla as a mod you could moonlight the crap out of being a travel agent.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 07, 2011, 01:09:26 PM »
If you fly out of KC there is award availability to fly out on the 22nd and back on the 25th. 

You're a magician.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 09, 2011, 09:50:09 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 09, 2011, 09:52:21 PM »

for what?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 09, 2011, 09:58:50 PM »

for what?
The BA deal. is it as good as it gets?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 10, 2011, 10:41:46 AM »

for what?
The BA deal. is it as good as it gets?

pretty much.  The only thing that was better was when AA was offering 100k.  Also, you living in Manhattan (iirc) you will be flying AA anyway so this is pretty much perfect since you can use the BA miles for that.  Don't forget to spend 2500 on the card asap.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 11, 2011, 10:18:46 AM »
1000 AA miles to sign up and watch free demo video

http://bit.ly/eshopnmfb

also, earn another 500 but spendign $75 through eShop by May 13.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 10:29:14 AM by Mikeyis4dcats »

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 11, 2011, 12:17:13 PM »
Probably a pretty standard offer but here's a link for HH Amex card
-20,000 pts first time you use your card
-30,000 pts for spending $500 in first 3 months
-2,500 pts for signing up an additional cardmember

https://www143.americanexpress.com/apisites/microsite/ApplicationFormApp.do?partnerId=71&channel=1000&cardType=HHPD&seqNumber=81&returnUrl=https://www.americanexpress.com

I know this was discussed, but couldn't remember if it was in the old cc churning thread or in this thread, I really want to take advantage of the BA offer as well as the HH offer mentioned above, but I might be moving and trying to buy a house in the next few months, anybody know how much it affects your credit score?
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 11, 2011, 12:19:58 PM »
supposed to be 3-5 points per card depending on your credit situation.  If you don't have a lot of history with credit cards it could even help your credit as it will raise your available credit.  I've monitored my credit constantly since starting to churn cards and have honestly not noticed a difference. 

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 11, 2011, 01:01:07 PM »
supposed to be 3-5 points per card depending on your credit situation.  If you don't have a lot of history with credit cards it could even help your credit as it will raise your available credit.  I've monitored my credit constantly since starting to churn cards and have honestly not noticed a difference. 

What's the best way to do this? Through your local bank, or a website like freecreditscore?
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: April 11, 2011, 01:09:58 PM »

What's the best way to do this? Through your local bank, or a website like freecreditscore?

I just get the free credit report from the govt. site (annualcreditreport.com iirc.).  Then I pay the extra $5 or whatever to check my score using a different one of the three companies.  You can get three reports a year if you do one agency at a time.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 11, 2011, 01:29:34 PM »
I use Credit Karma as a way to monitor periodically between getting a paid FICO.     It's not quite a FICO, but it at least shows you the trends.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 13, 2011, 02:28:32 PM »
I have an award flight coming up in late May from MHK to YVR first class.  Any way I can get into one of the lounges without paying for a day pass? I've got a decent sized layover in DFW and would like to spend it with the elites.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 13, 2011, 02:34:50 PM »
I have an award flight coming up in late May from MHK to YVR first class.  Any way I can get into one of the lounges without paying for a day pass? I've got a decent sized layover in DFW and would like to spend it with the elites.

I bet you can get in but that last line makes it tricky.  Walk up and flash your first class ticket and see what happens.

Fly on a First/Business Class ticket on an 'international' itinerary;2 upgraded tickets are eligible; at least the international segment of a multi-segment itinerary must be in First/Business. Access at domestic clubs is granted only on the day of qualifying international travel, not during domestic stopovers.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/airportAmenities/AdmiralsLoungeAccess.jsp?anchorLocation=DirectURL&title=loungeaccess

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 02:38:47 PM by steve dave »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 13, 2011, 02:41:09 PM »
also, does Vancouver qualify as an international itenerary?  Seems like it should.   :dunno:

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 13, 2011, 02:43:59 PM »
also, does Vancouver qualify as an international itenerary?  Seems like it should.   :dunno:

International is defined as Europe, Asia, Central and South America, and Mexico City. Destinations in Canada and other destinations in Mexico, Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean are not considered International for the purposes of lounge access.

:frown:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 13, 2011, 02:46:29 PM »
yeah, flash that mother anyway.  see what happens.  I've heard they are loose at the door at times.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 14, 2011, 06:34:19 PM »
http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetails.do?repositoryId=16146845

Looks like AA is running a 30 day promotion for the 30th Anniversary of AAdvantage, enter daily for a chance to win 30,000.

Says a new deal each day of the the thirty days, hopefully some easy miles.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 18, 2011, 07:59:17 PM »
BA 100K Miles Visa promotion is back.  50k miles for the first purchase and an additional 50k after spending $2,500 on the card.  $95 annual fee which isn't waived the first year.  100k is good for 4 RT domestics on AA metal.  I don't think you can apply again and get the 100k if you have had the card before but I haven't seen the official terms yet.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfromthewing/2011/04/05/british-airways-visa-100000-mile-signup-bonus-is-back-2/

A lot of the comments below are bitching pretty hard about the fuel surcharge they tack on to the award flights.  I don't have any experience with BA so are these fuel surcharges tacked onto domestic AA flights as well? Would definitely make it a lot less attractive if the fuel surcharge is significant on domestic AA flights.

There are no fuel surcharges on AA metal.  BA will charge you fuel surcharges on their flights and they can be pretty steep if you fly them to, like, Paris in Business class or something. 
Trim PI'd me into this one. Good thing now I should be able to fly to San Juan for my cruise in Jan for free :combofan:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 18, 2011, 09:14:32 PM »
There's no reason to keep my AA card if I'll be getting the BA card, is there?