Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 983825 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #675 on: March 14, 2011, 07:17:10 AM »
WILL REPORT BACK!

did they email you following the online sign up?  getting nervous 'cause i assumed i'd get an email and haven't.

not yet.  not too concerned about it yet.  nobody on flyertalk has gotten theirs that I have seen.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 15, 2011, 08:04:47 AM »
I expect another big offer to happen very shortly. Wait a day or two before doing applications if you are close to the magic 700 or 800 number or worried about your inquiries. I can't say anymore, but I'm anxiously awaiting further details. I will do a separate post when I can.

:surprised:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 15, 2011, 08:27:35 AM »
I expect another big offer to happen very shortly. Wait a day or two before doing applications if you are close to the magic 700 or 800 number or worried about your inquiries. I can't say anymore, but I'm anxiously awaiting further details. I will do a separate post when I can.

:surprised:

:woot:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 15, 2011, 11:25:42 AM »
FYI Citibank's online bill pay system sucks ass.   Can't get it to process either bill payment I tried to make.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 15, 2011, 12:18:09 PM »
FYI Citibank's online bill pay system sucks ass.   Can't get it to process either bill payment I tried to make.

no, it's good.  have never had a problem.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 15, 2011, 12:53:17 PM »
is this a good deal:

You can earn 30,000 bonus miles1 — more than enough for an Award Ticket2 — with the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express. Just spend $500 on the Card in the first three months. What a great way to wrap up the winter and welcome spring.

# You can also enjoy all of the following: Check your first bag free on every Delta flight — that's up to $50 in savings per round-trip3
# $25 Delta Sky Club access4
# Double miles on Delta purchases5 and one mile per eligible dollar spent for everyday purchases6
# Receive a $99* Domestic Economy Class Companion Certificate each year when you renew your Card
# No annual fee for the first year — a $95 savings7

There are also a number of ways to use your miles:
# Pay with Miles — an exclusive benefit for Cardmembers — allows you to pay for all or part of a Delta flight with miles.8 Just 10,000 miles gets you $100 off a Delta flight
# Redeem your miles for car rentals, hotel stays and a variety of merchandise at SkyMiles Marketplace. Choose from over 6,000 items and 400 top brands9
# Use miles for upgrades, which start at just 5,000 miles10

Take advantage of all Delta has to offer. But don't delay — this offer ends April 30, 2011.11

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 15, 2011, 12:56:03 PM »
is this a good deal:

You can earn 30,000 bonus miles1 — more than enough for an Award Ticket2 — with the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express. Just spend $500 on the Card in the first three months. What a great way to wrap up the winter and welcome spring.

# You can also enjoy all of the following: Check your first bag free on every Delta flight — that's up to $50 in savings per round-trip3
# Double miles on Delta purchases5 and one mile per eligible dollar spent for everyday purchases6
# Receive a $99* Domestic Economy Class Companion Certificate each year when you renew your Card

# Pay with Miles — an exclusive benefit for Cardmembers — allows you to pay for all or part of a Delta flight with miles.8 Just 10,000 miles gets you $100 off a Delta flight
# Redeem your miles for car rentals, hotel stays and a variety of merchandise at SkyMiles Marketplace. Choose from over 6,000 items and 400 top brands9

Take advantage of all Delta has to offer. But don't delay — this offer ends April 30, 2011.11

about standard.  if you are going to be flying Delta and checking luggage anytime soon it has a nice perk.  30k will get you a free domestic RT (or $300 off).

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 15, 2011, 01:02:16 PM »
is this a good deal:

about standard.  if you are going to be flying Delta and checking luggage anytime soon it has a nice perk.  30k will get you a free domestic RT (or $300 off).

I already have 22k on Delta so this would get me a free RT to Europe, right?

:bracketmouse:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 15, 2011, 01:06:06 PM »
never mind. It won't. not really, anyway.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 15, 2011, 01:13:10 PM »

Yes, it would.  iirc it is 50K if you find a skysaver.  You would also be able to book flights and use them as money getting $520 off a flight or multiple flights (you can only do this if you have the Delta Amex).  

EDIT:  nope, I was wrong.  changed it to 60K  :frown: 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 01:17:41 PM by steve dave »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 15, 2011, 01:19:55 PM »

Yes, it would.  iirc it is 50K if you find a skysaver.  You would also be able to book flights and use them as money getting $520 off a flight or multiple flights (you can only do this if you have the Delta Amex). 

I played around with booking and couldn't get any "skysavers". 75k was the closest I could find.

good discusso here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles/1191317-skymiles-award-travel-calendar.html

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 15, 2011, 08:27:47 PM »

It refuses to process my State Farm payment...and does not show it in the payment activity.   It also keeps showing bills from 2010 that were already paid, and will not allow me to remove them.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 16, 2011, 06:19:32 AM »

It refuses to process my State Farm payment...and does not show it in the payment activity.   It also keeps showing bills from 2010 that were already paid, and will not allow me to remove them.

are you talking about your checking account or something?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 16, 2011, 07:13:53 PM »
Just got delta offer. No fee first year, free companion ticket, 10k plus chance at 2.5k more, and Bose quiet comfort headphones if I spend 500 before end of May. Seems like pretty good deal. :dunno:

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 19, 2011, 12:30:44 PM »
The fam is talking about going to Hawaii for Q@s tourney on Christmas... I have AA and SPG AmExs. 

Any ideas on what the best route to get the most free travel?  Which airlines have blackout dates around then that would eff everything up?

Thinking about telling each person in the fam to get SPG and AA I guess?  :dunno:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: March 20, 2011, 10:21:43 PM »
or those who signed up for the Venture card....

I swear the site said I was approved for a $30k limit when I completed the app.   Then a couple of days later I got an email saying I would be notified when I was approved?   Now nothing for like a week....

Anyone else hear anything?  Did you get an instant approval?

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 20, 2011, 10:48:08 PM »
Uploaded my AA miles statement to their website.  Only matching 55k out of 100k possible miles but I'll take it.

It didn't take long for them to approve, although they didn't allow my card to have a picture of Pullen (previously posted in here) and sent it  anyways, so I have no idea what the pic is going to be. But WGAF I guess.  Just need to spend $1k in first 90 days.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 21, 2011, 09:15:25 AM »
Uploaded my AA miles statement to their website.  Only matching 55k out of 100k possible miles but I'll take it.

It didn't take long for them to approve, although they didn't allow my card to have a picture of Pullen (previously posted in here) and sent it  anyways, so I have no idea what the pic is going to be. But WGAF I guess.  Just need to spend $1k in first 90 days.

why aren't they matching all 100k?

*edit*  oh, nevermind, you mean you only had 55k miles...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 09:22:30 AM by Mikeyis4dcats »

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 21, 2011, 09:01:35 PM »
Uploaded my AA miles statement to their website.  Only matching 55k out of 100k possible miles but I'll take it.

It didn't take long for them to approve, although they didn't allow my card to have a picture of Pullen (previously posted in here) and sent it  anyways, so I have no idea what the pic is going to be. But WGAF I guess.  Just need to spend $1k in first 90 days.

why aren't they matching all 100k?

*edit*  oh, nevermind, you mean you only had 55k miles...

Yeah,  :goodbyecruelworld:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 22, 2011, 09:11:52 AM »
damn Citi is slow to post purchases.   I am anxiously awaiting the posting of the last $50 purchase that puts me over the bonus earning threshold....made purchase Saturday, still hasn't posted to my account. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 24, 2011, 02:07:35 PM »
So, did everyone get this?:

Your registration form and airline rewards statement were accepted, and your Capital One® VentureSM miles have been reserved. We'll apply them to your account as soon as you spend $1,000 on your new Venture card in the first 90 days.
We'll send you an e-mail when we apply your matching miles to your Venture account.

also, you can apparently also sign up for a business account and get another 100k venture miles but you have to use a different FF account.  If you have United or Continental you could just flip the miles to the other account and do it again though.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 24, 2011, 02:54:37 PM »

Your registration form and airline rewards statement were accepted, and your Capital One® VentureSM miles have been reserved. We'll apply them to your account as soon as you spend $1,000 on your new Venture card in the first 90 days.
We'll send you an e-mail when we apply your matching miles to your Venture account.

also, you can apparently also sign up for a business account and get another 100k venture miles but you have to use a different FF account.  If you have United or Continental you could just flip the miles to the other account and do it again though.

Yup.

Working like mad to accumulate points.   Signed up for the $8 netflix account to earn 2500 pts.   Bought more coins.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 24, 2011, 06:48:35 PM »
Just got delta offer. No fee first year, free companion ticket, 10k plus chance at 2.5k more, and Bose quiet comfort headphones if I spend 500 before end of May. Seems like pretty good deal. :dunno:

Just called to activate.  They gave me 10k more points for some reason.  So, I got 22500 miles and Bose headphones.   :pbj:  Won't get the companion tix though, since it come at renewal which I will not due to avoid the annual fee.  This is fun   :driving:

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 24, 2011, 07:42:00 PM »

Can you combine FF accts to get the miles?  I only have 80k on AA, but could combine with my 22k on Delta to get over the 100k.

So you just mark the stuff on your statement as travel somehow and it uses the 100k points they give you?

LCapOneMilesIQ

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 25, 2011, 07:16:11 AM »

also, you can apparently also sign up for a business account and get another 100k venture miles but you have to use a different FF account.  If you have United or Continental you could just flip the miles to the other account and do it again though.

Can you combine FF accts to get the miles?  I only have 80k on AA, but could combine with my 22k on Delta to get over the 100k.

So you just mark the stuff on your statement as travel somehow and it uses the 100k points they give you?

LCapOneMilesIQ

no, you can't combine (unless you can actually combine the miles before sending it in like with United/Continental).  Your best bet would be to go with the 80k.  I would hurry if you are going to do it as they are capped at 1 billion miles.  You would end up with 91k capital one venture points after you spent $1k which is good for $910 in reimbursement for any travel (hotel, rental, air, car, etc.).  You spend it on the card and then go online and mark what you want reimbursed and if it's travel they reimburse it.  I've never done it before but it seems pretty easy.  
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 09:24:25 AM by steve dave »