Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 997642 times)

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #625 on: March 06, 2011, 12:42:00 PM »
If you knew someone lived right in the hotbed of  :AA: and there was a deal like this going on, you would think a fellow cat "fan" would pm or let a person know about this sort of deal. guess not

Yeah, this thread has been effing amazing since before anyone knew who you were.....AA deal was discussed a ton about 7 pages back and every page after that up to about a week ago
you sure know how to kick a guy when he's down don't you?

:kick:

About to hit my 4k in spending to pick up the 75k miles.   :gocho:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 06, 2011, 02:07:11 PM »
If you knew someone lived right in the hotbed of  :AA: and there was a deal like this going on, you would think a fellow cat "fan" would pm or let a person know about this sort of deal. guess not

Yeah, this thread has been effing amazing since before anyone knew who you were.....AA deal was discussed a ton about 7 pages back and every page after that up to about a week ago

I hit mine last month and they credited it immediately without out any delay or needing to hassle them.  Upgraded my flight to first/business for the same miles as coach.   :bitchslap: <---me hitting my old self for not learning about rewards programs sooner
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 06, 2011, 02:43:10 PM »
I guess crappy credit cards are ok, I never plan on keeping a balance on a card anyway.

Yea, theyre fine.  They just usually have crappy perks. 

If I were you without much of a history, I would sign up for a free trial of something that will tell me my score.  Cancel that trial, and then there are websites thatll give you a good idea of the cards you'll qualify for.

If you're signing up for a crappy card. Would it be better to use the stupid stuff they send ya in the mail? or just go through their website? or makes no difference?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 06, 2011, 02:46:43 PM »

I hit mine last month and they credited it immediately without out any delay or needing to hassle them.  Upgraded my flight to first/business for the same miles as coach.   :bitchslap: <---me hitting my old self for not learning about rewards programs sooner
so they have a deal for 30k after u spend $750, do we think if I messaged them and asked for the 75k deal that they would honor it or would I be better off waiting for another deal to come around?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 06, 2011, 03:36:38 PM »

so they have a deal for 30k after u spend $750, do we think if I messaged them and asked for the 75k deal that they would honor it or would I be better off waiting for another deal to come around?

probably be better off waiting.  I mean, 25k will get you one free domestic but that's nothing special.  If you had gotten the 30k and all of a sudden they changed to 75k you could contact them and they would give you the extra but I doubt you would be able to get it now that it's over.

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Offline steaksdime

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 09, 2011, 06:44:22 PM »
guess who just got 2 chase BA credit cards in the mail today? :chirpchirp:

Ditto, but just got one though because I'm only 1/2 not a pussy.

Not anymore. Please keep us informed if this pops up again (wouldn't mind upgrading to fc).

Next spring, I'll be  :cheers:  to RD and sd from England.
My son and I leave for London tomorrow. PSG, Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, and Hull City in a week and a half.
Thanks for the BA heads up. Wouldn't have made the leap without the free tix.
Bless you goEMAW...you're doing God's work.  :cheers:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 09, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »

Not anymore. Please keep us informed if this pops up again (wouldn't mind upgrading to fc).

My son and I leave for London tomorrow. PSG, Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, and Hull City in a week and a half.

:cheers:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 09, 2011, 07:44:57 PM »

:cheers:

:woot:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 10, 2011, 08:06:54 AM »
wait til you get that 1099 for the miles at the end of the year. Bet that will suprise you. Cap One is dogshit.

:horrorsurprise:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 10, 2011, 08:08:42 AM »
fwiw, I'm very intrigued by this.  I have over 100k United and the Capital One miles are actually only used for redemption at $.01 a mile.  So, you get $1,100 in Captial One Venture spend for opening and spending $1k.  Can you use Venture miles for hotels?  That would be a better value for me as I'm overflowing with airline miles at the moment. 

:cheese: < TO FLYERTALK!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 10, 2011, 08:11:29 AM »
2.  After you're approved, register online and submit proof of your airline credit card miles.

the eff does this mean?  does this mean I have to submit proof I spent all the money on the rough ridin' Continental or United card to get the 100k or do the bonus miles count?  Plus, say you sign up for this shitty card but they've given away the billion miles already?  You are stuck with that shitty card and credit pull. 

:dubious: <--actually using as dubious

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 10, 2011, 08:16:52 AM »
I mean, you have this POS term
Miles and match limits apply. Capital One will match up to 100,000 miles that were previously earned through any single eligible airline credit card program

Which makes it seem like you have to have spent $100k on some airline card..but you don't have to currently have the miles.  But, then, you have this POS term:

Registration and documentation required. Upon approval, new Venture customers will receive registration instructions for Venture "Match My Miles". If you provide an email address with your application, Capital One will communicate with you through that address. You will need to complete a form and then submit a current airline rewards program statement as proof of your existing miles/rewards. Only one (1) statement may be submitted, and it must be received by Capital One within 45 days of account opening. Documentation must indicate that the eligible miles/rewards are held in the name of the Venture card customer, and must be submitted at one time.

Which makes it seem like you have to CURRENTLY have the miles in your account but they don't GAF how they got there.

This is so Capital One'y  :dubious:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 10, 2011, 08:17:54 AM »
Also, British Airways isn't valid for this

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 10, 2011, 08:27:22 AM »
Well....Venture Miles look nice.  Worth a penny each and you can book anywhere for any type of travel (air, hotel or combo).  Could get $1,100 off an Expedia all inclusive package.  eff it, I'm going for it.  WILL REPORT BACK!

:cheese:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 10, 2011, 08:37:49 AM »
Good news?  They let you personalize your card picture because they are shitty Capital One.  Bad news?  Couldn't find the KATPAK headcover or nacho cheese that met the picture size requirements.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 10, 2011, 08:39:41 AM »
Just transfered my Continental Miles to United to put me over 100k.  They better allow this or I will lose it on them about their shitty T&Cs. 

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 10, 2011, 08:43:53 AM »
wait til you get that 1099 for the miles at the end of the year. Bet that will suprise you. Cap One is dogcac.

Wait, do these CC offers that involve plane tickets count as income?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 10, 2011, 08:49:57 AM »
wait til you get that 1099 for the miles at the end of the year. Bet that will suprise you. Cap One is dogcac.

Wait, do these CC offers that involve plane tickets count as income?

It's a grey area.  I've never reported any and I don't think anyone does.  I think what that commentor was saying is that Capital One sends you a rough ridin' 1099 for them at the end of the year which would piss me off but I prolly wouldn't report it anyway. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: March 10, 2011, 08:51:55 AM »
How do I get my miles matched?

Step 1: Apply for or upgrade to the Venture card during the Venture Match My Miles Challenge. Upon approval, you'll receive an e-mail with registration instructions.
Step 2: Reserve your miles by registering online and submitting proof of your airline miles within 45 days of being approved for the Venture card.
Step 3: Spend $1,000 within 90 days of approval.

so, I should know soon if my current United >100k qualifies.  

What do I need to submit as proof of my existing miles?

You'll need to submit one airline rewards statement as proof of your existing miles. You must be listed as the primary account holder and your statement must be dated within six months of the time you submit it. Statements can be submitted online, by fax, or mail. All statement information will be kept confidential.

This makes it sound like they really don't GAF or need much proof but that you CURRENTLY have to have the miles in your account.  Hopefully they are just going to give away the billion miles to the first people that show anything that borderline qualifies.  
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 08:53:33 AM by steve dave »

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 10, 2011, 09:00:45 AM »
Just referred ETPbro for an AMEX Gold Card, picked up 25k bonus points.

:gocho:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 10, 2011, 09:03:44 AM »

oh man, congrats on raping him with the referal to that shitty card!  next time give me a call beforehand so we can all get in on the kicking him in the balls and stealing from him!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 10, 2011, 09:04:25 AM »
OK, ya.  The Swan and Dolphin are a great location.  I stayed there some years ago.  Easy access by BOAT to both Epcot and Disney word.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 10, 2011, 09:05:09 AM »

oh man, congrats on raping him with the referal to that shitty card!  next time give me a call beforehand so we can all get in on the kicking him in the balls and stealing from him!

sounds like SD got a Gold Card but didn't negotiate a lower yearly rate.... :lol: