Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 982905 times)

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #600 on: March 04, 2011, 03:16:29 PM »
Yes, sign yourself and the Mrs. each up for SPG.  Doesn't cost anything.  Then, if you decide to, you can each sign up for a 25K SPG Amex and get those nights free.  How big's the family?  My worst fear is someday having kids and suddenly all my airline miles get used up by one family flight  :horrorsurprise:

Its Mr. Fedor, Mrs. Fedor, Mr. Fedor Jr., and Mrs. Fedor Jr.  You don't know the half of it sd, we went to England and Scotland when we were first married and now we are scraping pennies to eat at effing Applebee's on the weekend.  Mrs. Fedor is in the 2nd year of a 3 year grad program, so that does not help.  But yeah kids, jfc.

3 yr grad program? medical?
Physical Therapy Doctorate. :runaway:
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 04, 2011, 03:20:00 PM »
Yes, sign yourself and the Mrs. each up for SPG.  Doesn't cost anything.  Then, if you decide to, you can each sign up for a 25K SPG Amex and get those nights free.  How big's the family?  My worst fear is someday having kids and suddenly all my airline miles get used up by one family flight  :horrorsurprise:

Its Mr. Fedor, Mrs. Fedor, Mr. Fedor Jr., and Mrs. Fedor Jr.  You don't know the half of it sd, we went to England and Scotland when we were first married and now we are scraping pennies to eat at effing Applebee's on the weekend.  Mrs. Fedor is in the 2nd year of a 3 year grad program, so that does not help.  But yeah kids, jfc.

ha. allied health. knew it. anymore brainbusters for ol' rick daris?

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 04, 2011, 03:22:13 PM »

What number am I thinking of right now?

btw - Congratulations. You have been approved for the Continental Airlines World MasterCard from Chase. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 04, 2011, 03:24:30 PM »

What number am I thinking of right now?

btw - Congratulations. You have been approved for the Continental Airlines World MasterCard from Chase. 

4. either 4 or 57. also, congrats on the continental card. the world is now your own personal playground.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 04, 2011, 03:31:24 PM »
Sign the wife up for the same continental card so you can get both of you and the kids all on the same flight and you aren't juggling different programs. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 04, 2011, 03:33:16 PM »
Also, I want to reiterate that you will want to book the airfare early.  Vacationy type places are the first to exhaust their available reward seats because business people don't use their miles for business trips. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 04, 2011, 03:34:52 PM »
Also, I want to reiterate that you will want to book the airfare early.  Vacationy type places are the first to exhaust their available reward seats because business people don't use their miles for business trips. 

i'm kind of mad at him for using all of those miles to fly into a place that is generally very easy and cheap to fly into though. what can i say? i am what i am. haha.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 04, 2011, 04:01:42 PM »

i'm kind of mad at him for using all of those miles to fly into a place that is generally very easy and cheap to fly into though. what can i say? i am what i am. haha.
The tickets are not bought yet there awards snob prick.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 04, 2011, 08:52:25 PM »

well, that's most PI the credit card thread has ever seen outside of Jeffy's past forays into it....

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 04, 2011, 11:24:57 PM »
i hate this thread more than cops themselves.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 05, 2011, 09:08:12 AM »

well, that's most PI the credit card thread has ever seen outside of Jeffy's past forays into it....
Yes you are right, I took a beautiful thing and sullied it with my petulance.  Forgive me daris.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 05, 2011, 09:15:18 AM »

Yes you are right, I took a beautiful thing and sullied it with my petulance.  Forgive me daris.

don't be like that. btw... sd was thinking it too, he just didn't say it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 05, 2011, 09:17:09 AM »

I was, but it seems like this is his one trip for the foreseeable future and he's scratching it together

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 05, 2011, 09:21:28 AM »

I was, but it seems like this is his one trip for the foreseeable future and he's scratching it together

yeah. i know.  mostly i just hate using points/miles. that's mostly it. except when i went to dallas the other month and got the downtown aloft at a cat2. they just moved it up to cat3. really felt like a winner there. still smiling about it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 05, 2011, 10:00:03 AM »
Also, I want to reiterate that you will want to book the airfare early.  Vacationy type places are the first to exhaust their available reward seats because business people don't use their miles for business trips.  

Yes you are right, I took a beautiful thing and sullied it with my petulance.  Forgive me daris.

yeah. i know.  mostly i just hate using points/miles. that's mostly it. except when i went to dallas the other month and got the downtown aloft at a cat2. they just moved it up to cat3. really felt like a winner there. still smiling about it.

that's a great feeling.  I'm kinda on the fence on Hawaii at the Westin Maui.  I'm SPG Gold and supposedly get an upgrade if available.  But, the property is known to be very stingy with upgrades for Golds to ocean view.  I may just swallow my pride and book the ocean view for 5 nights with the extra points.  I know I'll always kick myself for not rolling the dice on the upgrade and the chance at that amazing feeling you are talking about  :frown:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 10:02:28 AM by steve dave »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: March 05, 2011, 10:11:13 AM »
Also, I want to reiterate that you will want to book the airfare early.  Vacationy type places are the first to exhaust their available reward seats because business people don't use their miles for business trips.  

Yes you are right, I took a beautiful thing and sullied it with my petulance.  Forgive me daris.

yeah. i know.  mostly i just hate using points/miles. that's mostly it. except when i went to dallas the other month and got the downtown aloft at a cat2. they just moved it up to cat3. really felt like a winner there. still smiling about it.

that's a great feeling.  I'm kinda on the fence on Hawaii at the Westin Maui.  I'm SPG Gold and supposedly get an upgrade if available.  But, the property is known to be very stingy with upgrades for Golds to ocean view.  I may just swallow my pride and book the ocean view for 5 nights with the extra points.  I know I'll always kick myself for not rolling the dice on the upgrade and the chance at that amazing feeling you are talking about  :frown:

yeah. that's tough. something like that i guess you just have to suck it up and deal with it. i suppose you could try to be super sneaky and book it w/ the extra points and then call the day before and ask how many ocean views they have left or get on line and look and then if they still have some you could cancel and rebook without ocean view and roll the dice when you get there. seems like a lot of trouble though. plus would hate to get up hopes and then have them killed when you arrive.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 05, 2011, 10:12:46 AM »
any awesome deals for AA miles? :AA:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 05, 2011, 10:31:45 AM »

YEP, about a week ago!  none now  :users:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 05, 2011, 10:42:23 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 05, 2011, 10:44:28 AM »

:frown:

They've had a ridiculous 75k deal for the last 5 months or so that just expired. 

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 05, 2011, 10:45:44 AM »

:frown:

They've had a ridiculous 75k deal for the last 5 months or so that just expired. 
:frown: :frown:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 05, 2011, 10:50:18 AM »
If you knew someone lived right in the hotbed of  :AA: and there was a deal like this going on, you would think a fellow cat "fan" would pm or let a person know about this sort of deal. guess not

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 05, 2011, 07:41:41 PM »
If you knew someone lived right in the hotbed of  :AA: and there was a deal like this going on, you would think a fellow cat "fan" would pm or let a person know about this sort of deal. guess not

Yeah, this thread has been rough ridin' amazing since before anyone knew who you were.....AA deal was discussed a ton about 7 pages back and every page after that up to about a week ago

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 05, 2011, 07:53:39 PM »

Yeah, this thread has been effing amazing since before anyone knew who you were.....AA deal was discussed a ton about 7 pages back and every page after that up to about a week ago
you sure know how to kick a guy when he's down don't you?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 05, 2011, 07:55:53 PM »

Yeah, this thread has been effing amazing since before anyone knew who you were.....AA deal was discussed a ton about 7 pages back and every page after that up to about a week ago
you sure know how to kick a guy when he's down don't you?

:kick: