Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 983780 times)

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #575 on: March 04, 2011, 09:27:16 AM »
 :pbj:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 04, 2011, 10:12:06 AM »
OK here is the sitch..
I will need 4 domestic flights in the next 15 mo. out of ICT to Florida.
The available airlines are:
 AIRTRAN AIRWAYS  
 ALLEGIANT AIR  
 AMERICAN AIRLINES
 CONTINENTAL EXPRESS
 DELTA AIRLINES
 FRONTIER AIRLINES
 UNITED AIRLINES

I throw myself on the mercy of your HchuringIQ.  What is the best way to not have to pay for a damn cent of airline tix or hotel?  We have a few nights saved up in the La Quinta rewards program, but nothing much to speak of .
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 04, 2011, 10:36:09 AM »
OK here is the sitch..
 AIRTRAN AIRWAYS  
 ALLEGIANT AIR  
 AMERICAN AIRLINES
 CONTINENTAL EXPRESS
 DELTA AIRLINES
 FRONTIER AIRLINES
 UNITED AIRLINES

I throw myself on the mercy of your HchuringIQ.  What is the best way to not have to pay for a damn cent of airline tix or hotel?  We have a few nights saved up in the La Quinta rewards program, but nothing much to speak of .

Sign up for the Contintental Chase card and United Chase card.  I would reccomend doing this on the same day in case your credit isn't perfect or you already have a bunch of cards as they will sometimes push multiple through if done at the same time.  That should get you roughly 4 round trips.  Check their sites for reward availability prior to signing up though if your travel is coming up soon.  With your stuff a year or longer away just book as soon as those dates become available as some of the busier routes will run out of reward seating quickly.  what city/cities are you going to be in and how many nights?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 04, 2011, 11:46:42 AM »
Sounds like Operation SendGoochToReportOnHoopsProspectsFromWarTornMexicoAndHaveHimStayAtHolidayInnUnderTrimsNumber was a failure.  In that I probably won't get points for his stay, not that he died or anything.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 04, 2011, 11:47:07 AM »
Get an insurance quote from Liberty Mutual, get 500 Delta Skymiles.  It takes about 5 minutes.  You don't have to give them your SSN (decline when asked) and I used all fake info (to avoid junk mail) except for my name and zip code.  It should be able to pull up your car using your name and zip automatically so you don't even have to enter that.  

http://www.libertymutualonline.com/affinity/delta/index.html?src=delta_display

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 04, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »
Sounds like Operation SendGoochToReportOnHoopsProspectsFromWarTornMexicoAndHaveHimStayAtHolidayInnUnderTrimsNumber was a failure.  In that I probably won't get points for his stay, not that he died or anything.

I have always wondered about this type of thing but assumed they had safe guards built into their rewards program to thwart it.  Have you been succesful in the past?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: March 04, 2011, 11:57:11 AM »

I have always wondered about this type of thing but assumed they had safe guards built into their rewards program to thwart it.  Have you been succesful in the past?

I think it's pretty hard to do

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 04, 2011, 01:11:26 PM »
OK here is the sitch..
 AIRTRAN AIRWAYS  
 ALLEGIANT AIR  
 AMERICAN AIRLINES
 CONTINENTAL EXPRESS
 DELTA AIRLINES
 FRONTIER AIRLINES
 UNITED AIRLINES

I throw myself on the mercy of your HchurningIQ.  What is the best way to not have to pay for a damn cent of airline tix or hotel?  We have a few nights saved up in the La Quinta rewards program, but nothing much to speak of .

Sign up for the Contintental Chase card and United Chase card.  I would reccomend doing this on the same day in case your credit isn't perfect or you already have a bunch of cards as they will sometimes push multiple through if done at the same time.  That should get you roughly 4 round trips.  Check their sites for reward availability prior to signing up though if your travel is coming up soon.  With your stuff a year or longer away just book as soon as those dates become available as some of the busier routes will run out of reward seating quickly.  what city/cities are you going to be in and how many nights?
Credit should not be a problem, just the two cards though?  I see that I should end up with 60k with a "refferral", what the eff is that?  Sounds like Mr. and Mrs. Fedor could "refer" each other and then sex each other in the huge pile of miles.  We are going to the Orlando area, that is code for rough ridin' Disneyworld.  Once you start having Steve Dave jr's it will put an end end to that Hawaii bullshit, and I mean right rough ridin' now.  Harry Potter Land could be cool though.  One week or thereabouts should be plenty.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 01:55:29 PM by Fedor »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 04, 2011, 01:16:29 PM »
OK here is the sitch..
 AIRTRAN AIRWAYS  
 ALLEGIANT AIR  
 AMERICAN AIRLINES
 CONTINENTAL EXPRESS
 DELTA AIRLINES
 FRONTIER AIRLINES
 UNITED AIRLINES

My credit is actually pretty good, so no worries there.  I have been living the dream, you know mortgage , student loans, car loans, pretty much the whole deal.  No credit card balances though. :nono: I do have to question the whole "sign up for two credit cards and get 4 free flights" thing though.  Is that serious cac?  If that is true it makes my whole "change phone companies weekly for tens of dollars in cash while in college" scam look like the small potatoes it was.

when i was in college, dillons once had 55 cent off coupons on bottles of dp and diet dp. guess what? dillons doubles coupons up to a dollar. guess what again? dp and diet dp were on sale that week for 99 cents. went and bought and couple, cut the coupon off those and then went right back in and bought a couple more, then cut those coupons off and went right back in, then bought a couple more... ended up with like 60 two liters. but yeah, you could get four flights by just signing up for two cards.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 04, 2011, 01:22:10 PM »
OK here is the sitch..
 AIRTRAN AIRWAYS  
 ALLEGIANT AIR  
 AMERICAN AIRLINES
 CONTINENTAL EXPRESS
 DELTA AIRLINES
 FRONTIER AIRLINES
 UNITED AIRLINES

My credit is actually pretty good, so no worries there.  I have been living the dream, you know mortgage , student loans, car loans, pretty much the whole deal.  No credit card balances though. :nono: I do have to question the whole "sign up for two credit cards and get 4 free flights" thing though.  Is that serious crap?  If that is true it makes my whole "change phone companies weekly for tens of dollars in cash while in college" scam look like the small potatoes it was.

I would like to say that I am going to South Beach to bang hoes for three weeks, but it will be the Orlando area ;) for about a week or so.

Are you taking the fam to disney world or universal or seaworld or just going to be in orlando for work?  I need to know because I can tell you where you should stay and which programs to sign up for to get those miles.  Also, are you or anyone you are travelling with govt. employees or teachers or work at a school or anything? 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 04, 2011, 01:24:15 PM »
Here is the continental card.  It will get you 50k which is good enough for two free domestic flights.  Cancel before the year is up to avoid the annual fee:

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/products/chase/continental.aspx?&offer=OPP50

Again, you may want to check with Continental to see if your prefered dates have award tix available before signing up.

There should be a 50K United out there too but I am still looking for it.  Sucks you didn't say something last week and you could have gotten the 75K AA Citi Visa.  They just stopped that deal.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 04, 2011, 02:20:57 PM »
OK here is the sitch..
 AIRTRAN AIRWAYS  
 ALLEGIANT AIR  
 AMERICAN AIRLINES
 CONTINENTAL EXPRESS
 DELTA AIRLINES
 FRONTIER AIRLINES
 UNITED AIRLINES

My credit is actually pretty good, so no worries there.  I have been living the dream, you know mortgage , student loans, car loans, pretty much the whole deal.  No credit card balances though. :nono: I do have to question the whole "sign up for two credit cards and get 4 free flights" thing though.  Is that serious crap?  If that is true it makes my whole "change phone companies weekly for tens of dollars in cash while in college" scam look like the small potatoes it was.

I would like to say that I am going to South Beach to bang hoes for three weeks, but it will be the Orlando area ;) for about a week or so.

Are you taking the fam to disney world or universal or seaworld or just going to be in orlando for work?  I need to know because I can tell you where you should stay and which programs to sign up for to get those miles.  Also, are you or anyone you are travelling with govt. employees or teachers or work at a school or anything? 

We will be going to everything but seaworld most likely.  Mrs. Fedor is a quasi-KBI employee, part time no bennies gig.  LOL at my editing causing some crazy alternate universe conversations.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 04, 2011, 02:26:57 PM »
You should get a couple SPG cards and stay here:

http://www.swandolphin.com/

Seperate hotels but share the complex and both SPG properties.  It's 10k a night but the 5th is free so for 40k SPG you can stay five nights.  So, if you and the wife each get a SPG card with the 25k sign up bonus that's actually 6 nights if you need that many or you can jet over to something closer to Universal.  I know there is a Doubletree right next to it that not bad.  Also, your wife's gig is plenty to qualify for the govt. rate at those hotels I linked.  When you know your dates you can check using the govt. rate and know what you can get it for.  PM me if you want a referal link for the SPG Amex cards. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 04, 2011, 02:31:45 PM »
I should also note that

is going to be the location of National KATPAK Convention 2012 - Family PAK.  Stay tuned for details.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 04, 2011, 02:39:59 PM »
OK here is the sitch..
 AIRTRAN AIRWAYS  
 ALLEGIANT AIR  
 AMERICAN AIRLINES
 CONTINENTAL EXPRESS
 DELTA AIRLINES
 FRONTIER AIRLINES
 UNITED AIRLINES

We will be going to everything but seaworld most likely.  Mrs. Fedor is a quasi-KBI employee, part time no bennies gig.  LOL at my editing causing some crazy alternate universe conversations.
Don't know if I mentioned but it is with the fam.  Do I need to sign up for the rewards program ahead of time?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 04, 2011, 02:42:39 PM »
Yes, sign yourself and the Mrs. each up for SPG.  Doesn't cost anything.  Then, if you decide to, you can each sign up for a 25K SPG Amex and get those nights free.  How big's the family?  My worst fear is someday having kids and suddenly all my airline miles get used up by one family flight  :horrorsurprise:

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 04, 2011, 02:45:05 PM »
You should get a couple SPG cards and stay here:

Seperate hotels but share the complex and both SPG properties.  It's 10k a night but the 5th is free so for 40k SPG you can stay five nights.  So, if you and the wife each get a SPG card with the 25k sign up bonus that's actually 6 nights if you need that many or you can jet over to something closer to Universal.  I know there is a Doubletree right next to it that not bad.  Also, your wife's gig is plenty to qualify for the govt. rate at those hotels I linked.  When you know your dates you can check using the govt. rate and know what you can get it for.  PM me if you want a referal link for the SPG Amex cards. 

eff yeah, this is great stuff.  Mrs. Fedor will not be happy w/ all the credit cards.  I assume she will get over it like she did when I used her student loan cash to invest in the stock market for some short term capital gains.  She quit bitching when she saw the new living room  furniture.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 04, 2011, 02:45:55 PM »
Yes, sign yourself and the Mrs. each up for SPG.  Doesn't cost anything.  Then, if you decide to, you can each sign up for a 25K SPG Amex and get those nights free.  How big's the family?  My worst fear is someday having kids and suddenly all my airline miles get used up by one family flight  :horrorsurprise:

quick daris rule of thumb. do not waste miles or points on kids until they are at least school aged. they won't remember anything before age five or so anyway so who cares about them.  :dunno:

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 04, 2011, 02:53:47 PM »

Its Mr. Fedor, Mrs. Fedor, Mr. Fedor Jr., and Mrs. Fedor Jr.  You don't know the half of it sd, we went to England and Scotland when we were first married and now we are scraping pennies to eat at rough ridin' Applebee's on the weekend.  Mrs. Fedor is in the 2nd year of a 3 year grad program, so that does not help.  But yeah kids, jfc.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 04, 2011, 02:58:00 PM »

Its Mr. Fedor, Mrs. Fedor, Mr. Fedor Jr., and Mrs. Fedor Jr.  You don't know the half of it sd, we went to England and Scotland when we were first married and now we are scraping pennies to eat at rough ridin' Applebee's on the weekend.  Mrs. Fedor is in the 2nd year of a 3 year grad program, so that does not help.  But yeah kids, jfc.

That place I linked will be amazing with the kids.  You can walk to a couple of the parks.  It's kind of a cross between a business hotel and a family place.  Free bus service on the disney busses too. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 04, 2011, 02:58:29 PM »

Its Mr. Fedor, Mrs. Fedor, Mr. Fedor Jr., and Mrs. Fedor Jr.  You don't know the half of it sd, we went to England and Scotland when we were first married and now we are scraping pennies to eat at effing Applebee's on the weekend.  Mrs. Fedor is in the 2nd year of a 3 year grad program, so that does not help.  But yeah kids, jfc.

3 yr grad program? medical?