Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 982850 times)

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #500 on: February 03, 2011, 11:28:43 PM »
Please describe EXACTLY how you did it and got the points.

Start to finish. TIA!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 03, 2011, 11:53:22 PM »

Start to finish. TIA!

Did you already get a 25K Continental card?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 04, 2011, 07:34:31 AM »
Bosz56 apparently bought flyertalk and now there's a goFLYERTALK on the horizon.  I hope it gets angried up.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfromthewing/2011/02/04/ive-resigned-as-flyertalks-talkboard-president-and-senior-moderator/

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 04, 2011, 07:37:18 AM »
Put your Continental account number in the box, get 100 Continental miles

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/apps/onepass/promotions/registrationDetails.aspx?promoCode=TB3M26

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 04, 2011, 07:39:04 AM »

Start to finish. TIA!

Did you already get a 25K Continental card?

Yeah, pre-requisite is that you applied and got the Continental Mastercard under the 25k promotion (actually 30k if you added another card holder).  If you did, and it was within the last 90 days, you can send them a message telling them you want another 25k miles because of the new 50k promotion and they will hand them over to you.  If you added a card member originally you actually come out at 55k. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 04, 2011, 08:31:36 AM »
Just got an offer in the mail for 50K United for $250 spending  :driving:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 04, 2011, 08:35:09 AM »

Did the 50k United last year.  When they combine the Continental and United mileage I should have about 125k of whatever the new program is called.  :drool:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 04, 2011, 08:37:31 AM »

Did the 50k United last year.  When they combine the Continental and United mileage I should have about 125k of whatever the new program is called.  :drool:

I saw that they were doing that.  Really kinda forces me to get a Continental card now...

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 04, 2011, 12:21:51 PM »

I need that.  Link/code or something on there?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 04, 2011, 01:09:55 PM »

I'll check when I get off work and pm

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: February 04, 2011, 03:58:54 PM »

It asked for codes and then automatically filled in a bunch of fields.  Seems like United sends them out to members of Mileage plus.  I would guess if you joined recently you should see one in the mail.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 04, 2011, 04:19:30 PM »
I think Mrs. dave recently got a letter from them now that I think about it

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 05, 2011, 08:51:02 AM »
I would guess if you joined recently you should see one in the mail.

I joined recently but I probably won't get the invite if it's a Chase card.  When I got the Continental, a Chase person called and was all "WTF are you trying to do with all these cards?".  Once I get the extra 25K on Continental and confirm there's no need for a Houston trip in April, I'll cancel that one and should have better luck getting a United deal.  Really trying to get this lined up so I end up with 100K+ United miles after the merger.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 06, 2011, 08:24:26 AM »
750 United just for signing up for this site.  I would use a non-primary email account if you have one as they will email you crap wanting you to visit their site or whatever. 

https://www.mypoints.com/emp/u/ma/ump750.vm?campaign=9VLHUXadLCiDih_Oyznc

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 06, 2011, 08:28:15 AM »

I joined recently but I probably won't get the invite if it's a Chase card.  When I got the Continental, a Chase person called and was all "WTF are you trying to do with all these cards?".  Once I get the extra 25K on Continental and confirm there's no need for a Houston trip in April, I'll cancel that one and should have better luck getting a United deal.  Really trying to get this lined up so I end up with 100K+ United miles after the merger.

How many Chase cards did you get until the "WTF" call?  I might be getting close to this

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 06, 2011, 08:29:20 AM »

How many Chase cards did you get until the "WTF" call?  I might be getting close to this

I have three right now and haven't had any problems.  I make a point to cancel one right before signing up for another to keep it at 3. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 06, 2011, 11:06:11 AM »

I'd already had a non-travel miles card and my car payment (I buy brand-new cars I want and finance what I don't pay with my down payment).  Got Marriott first, no problem.  Got Priority Club and they called to say they were going to shift credit limits between cards, told them I didn't care.  Got Hyatt, no problem.  Applied for Continental, was taking a while, they came out with the $50 statement credit in the meantime, applied again, they called asking if I wanted 2 continental cards and also stating my credit limit wouldn't be much on it as I had 5 other chase accounts, told them I just wanted one and I didn't care what the limit was and in fact $1000 was fine as that's more than enough to get a plane ticket.

Will probably cancel out Continental and Hyatt by summer.  Then get United.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 06, 2011, 11:27:12 AM »
Yea, I got the PC and United.  Plan on getting the CO before the merger and the Hyatt when I am certain I can head to Hawaii within the year ($75 for a 400/nt x2 @ grand Kauai).

Next question that I am way too terrified to ask on FT, do you know if there is a points multiplyer for booking AA flights on your Citi AA card?  I can't find one listed anywhere but I would of thought there would be one.  Am probably booking 6 fam tickets to France and 2 first class.  Would love to get a crap ton of points for this.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 09, 2011, 07:27:57 AM »
So, Bosz56 bought flyertalk or something and now the guy who originally started flyertalk and some of his bros have started goFLYERTALK.com or something.  It's now in beta.  I signed up.  So far it looks like a worse designed goEMAW with the exact same lineup of threads that flyertalk has.  Probably will suck.  Here is the beta link.

http://milepoint.com/forums/pages/beta/

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 10, 2011, 07:35:20 AM »
If you are going to be staying in some Hiltons over a three month span you can register here and get fast track to Gold status.  Only takes 4 stays or 9 days over a 90 day period to get gold.  You register and then pick the start date for your 90 day period.  As I've mentioned before Hilton Gold seems to be better than most other similar level program status's as you get free breakfasts and club room upgrades where available. 

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/landingpages/mvp.aspx

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 10, 2011, 08:39:17 PM »
Got the GF some flowers @ a 30 AA mile bonus per dollar via FTD.  Delta did a 45 mile bonus thru another flower company, but I don't fly them as often.  Makes me feel better about spending V-Day $$$

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 10, 2011, 09:56:15 PM »
If you are going to be staying in some Hiltons over a three month span you can register here and get fast track to Gold status.  Only takes 4 stays or 9 days over a 90 day period to get gold.  You register and then pick the start date for your 90 day period.  As I've mentioned before Hilton Gold seems to be better than most other similar level program status's as you get free breakfasts and club room upgrades where available. 

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/landingpages/mvp.aspx
[/quote

Do you have to set the date right away? I'll probably do 4 stays in 3 months, but not sure when that might be.   :excited:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 11, 2011, 07:03:58 AM »
I don't know for sure, when you sign up it asks you for a date.  I didn't put in a date because I don't know my schedule either for the year.  was planning on going back and trying it when I had dates set.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 11, 2011, 07:25:23 AM »
Apparently this is the first time you could get the US Air card with no first year fee.  It doesn't have a huge sign up bonus though (35k).  US Air barely has a footprint in Omaha so I never fly them.  I know Dax does quite a bit.

http://www.mostmiles.com/Chairmans

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 11, 2011, 10:45:50 AM »
do you fly delta and like to drink? well here you go, 80 free ones. supposedly can sign up under the new york/nj/etc link with a fake address and then just change the address to your current one when you decide to redeem...also would be enough for a free roundtrip domestic if you don't like to drink or whatever. sign up is fairly complicated. not entirely sure if you really need a fed tax id or can make one up.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfromthewing/2011/01/17/20-free-drink-coupons-and-more-from-deltas-small-business-rewards-program/

also thinking about asking a mod to rename this thread "daris and sd discuss things that are posted on viewfromthewing and flyertalk"

How long did it take to get the drink coupons?  Just found out that I have to fly Delta tomorrow for work.  Are they something that can be printed, or do they mail them to you?

Filed under: Things The Whale should have done immediately after reading it on goEMAW