Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 997742 times)

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #425 on: January 06, 2011, 09:28:17 AM »
Yeah, don't waste your time on a 10k SPG signup.  Hyatt's Chase card gives you two free nights so you and the wife each signing up would net you 4 Hyatt nights.  Their Maui and Kauai properties go for $350-$500 a night.

Any way to get out of the $75 annual fee?  Not that it's that big of a deal -- $2K worth of hotel rooms on Maui for $150 total is still increds.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 06, 2011, 09:50:40 AM »
Yeah, don't waste your time on a 10k SPG signup.  Hyatt's Chase card gives you two free nights so you and the wife each signing up would net you 4 Hyatt nights.  Their Maui and Kauai properties go for $350-$500 a night.

Any way to get out of the $75 annual fee?  Not that it's that big of a deal -- $2K worth of hotel rooms on Maui for $150 total is still increds.

no

Offline prome05

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 06, 2011, 02:27:36 PM »
I have 50,000 United miles, but none of my friends have any miles or money, so I kinda just fantasize about going to places but never do. :frown:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 06, 2011, 02:29:11 PM »
I have 50,000 United miles, but none of my friends have any miles or money, so I kinda just fantasize about going to places but never do. :frown:

You could go somewhere with a special lady/man :dunno:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 06, 2011, 09:17:42 PM »
So my goal this year is to take a trip to Hawaii with my wife in late Dec.  Would like to fly first class, at least on the way over to the island.

Starting with 20k Delta miles in my acct, none in wife's.  Set up an awardwallet acct -- kind of sad, most of the accounts are empty, or have very few points/miles.

Any decent options for cards going on now?  Do not care which airline.

Found this link:  away5.citicards.com which has several 75k Citi AA offers after spending $1.5k, the page says the offer expired Oct 31st, but other forums say the offer may still be good.

Yeah, you and the wife need to both do the 75k AA card and think about doing a business card as well until you have enough to fly first class roundtrip.  There are still 75k AA offers out there if you look.  That is your best bet to fly first class.  Then I would look at each getting a SPG or Hyatt card to get 4 or 5 nights free. 

Awesome.

Found a link for the 75k offer last night, and signed up both the wife and I.  The new offer requires 4k spending per card withing 6 months to get the 75k miles.  Didn't plan on spending that much, but worst case, I'll buy 4k worth of grocery store and walmart/target gc's and spend zero out of pocket when shopping the rest of the year. 

What Hyatt/SPG cards are out there to get 4/5 nights free?  The SPG cards I found only gave 10k points upon signup.

link?

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 07, 2011, 09:38:28 AM »
So my goal this year is to take a trip to Hawaii with my wife in late Dec.  Would like to fly first class, at least on the way over to the island.

Starting with 20k Delta miles in my acct, none in wife's.  Set up an awardwallet acct -- kind of sad, most of the accounts are empty, or have very few points/miles.

Any decent options for cards going on now?  Do not care which airline.

Found this link:  away5.citicards.com which has several 75k Citi AA offers after spending $1.5k, the page says the offer expired Oct 31st, but other forums say the offer may still be good.

Yeah, you and the wife need to both do the 75k AA card and think about doing a business card as well until you have enough to fly first class roundtrip.  There are still 75k AA offers out there if you look.  That is your best bet to fly first class.  Then I would look at each getting a SPG or Hyatt card to get 4 or 5 nights free. 

Awesome.

Found a link for the 75k offer last night, and signed up both the wife and I.  The new offer requires 4k spending per card withing 6 months to get the 75k miles.  Didn't plan on spending that much, but worst case, I'll buy 4k worth of grocery store and walmart/target gc's and spend zero out of pocket when shopping the rest of the year. 

What Hyatt/SPG cards are out there to get 4/5 nights free?  The SPG cards I found only gave 10k points upon signup.

link?

Two current offers:

50k w/ $2k in purchases:  http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc/Travel/AA/Multi/Nov10/Triple/50k/default.htm?Promocode=away4&BT_TX=1
75k w/ $4k in purchases:  http://travel2.citicards.com

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 07, 2011, 02:55:06 PM »
Just got going on award wallet.  I am signed up with PC, SW air, and American at the moment.  What clubs do I need to join yet? 
To do list:
-Hilton Honors
-Starwood
-Maybe United/Us air/Cont?

Anything I'm missing?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 07, 2011, 03:21:07 PM »
Just got going on award wallet.  I am signed up with PC, SW air, and American at the moment.  What clubs do I need to join yet? 
To do list:
-Hilton Honors
-Starwood
-Maybe United/Us air/Cont?

Anything I'm missing?

I have Hyatt, Marriott, priority club, hilton, wyndham, starwood, british, american, us, sw, united, continental, frontier, delta, enterprise, hertz, national, expedia rewards, thank you network, e-mails

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 07, 2011, 04:35:32 PM »
and am I to understand correctly on the AA deals, you can combine the miles from 1 personal and 1 corp card into 1 account?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 07, 2011, 04:47:38 PM »
A question about the airline reward programs -

Can you and a sig other fly with the points going to one account?  (Is there a pretty blanket policy with this or is it an airline by airline thing?)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: January 07, 2011, 05:01:43 PM »
and am I to understand correctly on the AA deals, you can combine the miles from 1 personal and 1 corp card into 1 account?

yes

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 07, 2011, 05:04:22 PM »

Can you and a sig other fly with the points going to one account?  (Is there a pretty blanket policy with this or is it an airline by airline thing?)

All are different but usually you can purchase tickets for yourself and anyone else with your points.  There are times/carriers you can't though.  Like, mrs. dave and I "combined" our British Airways accounts to make them a household account.  The benefit here is that if I'm a few miles short of a reward flight I can use some of hers and mine.  But, BA then makes it so only the people in the joined account can fly on the rewards.  Easy tradeoff for me because I'm not buying any other loser a ticket with my miles. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 07, 2011, 05:06:58 PM »

All are different but usually you can purchase tickets for yourself and anyone else with your points.  There are times/carriers you can't though.  Like, mrs. dave and I "combined" our British Airways accounts to make them a household account.  The benefit here is that if I'm a few miles short of a reward flight I can use some of hers and mine.  But, BA then makes it so only the people in the joined account can fly on the rewards.  Easy tradeoff for me because I'm not buying any other loser a ticket with my miles. 

I was wondering more about accumulating together?  By what you said, I'm assuming BA allows it but otherwise its rare

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 07, 2011, 05:08:39 PM »

I was wondering more about accumulating together?  By what you said, I'm assuming BA allows it but otherwise its rare

Yeah, I don't know of anyone that does it other than British Air

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 07, 2011, 08:54:58 PM »
Yet another question from a noob: Does the amount of CCs you have through one company effect your acceptance?  For example, I currently have one thru Chase.  If I applied now for the Hyatt offer (2 free nights), could Chase not let me do a future BA offer ( :pray: ) because Chase has already have given me 2 cards?

I like the Hyatt deal, but may hold out for something better if this is the case...

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 07, 2011, 09:09:49 PM »
Yet another question from a noob: Does the amount of CCs you have through one company effect your acceptance?  For example, I currently have one thru Chase.  If I applied now for the Hyatt offer (2 free nights), could Chase not let me do a future BA offer ( :pray: ) because Chase has already have given me 2 cards?

I like the Hyatt deal, but may hold out for something better if this is the case...

It's not really the amount you have gotten from them in the past but the amount you currently have with each will effect it.  I usually only have 2 Chase or Citi cards at any one time.  I have had 3 or 4 AMEX's at a time though.  If they reject your application you can call them and ask if you can cancel an older card and they will sometimes let you do that and go ahead and approve the new card you applied for.  They want to get you approved as much as you want to be approved.  It's all commission. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 07, 2011, 11:38:55 PM »

A bunch of mine are through Chase.  On the last few, they call and are all, "you know you've got these other chase cards right?"  I say yes and they tell me that my limit on the new one will be less because I've got others and I tell them as long as it's $100 or $500 or $1000 or whatever I need to get my thousands of bonus points I don't give a crap.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 07, 2011, 11:56:02 PM »
i must have a shitty credit rating or something.  keep getting turned down for all the cards that interest me.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 08, 2011, 08:44:09 AM »
i must have a shitty credit rating or something.  keep getting turned down for all the cards that interest me.

I bet you haven't established credit.  That is one benefit of haveing $80k in student loan debt.  :cool:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 09, 2011, 11:50:51 AM »
http://www.staralliance.com/en/about/campaigns/

I nailed the miles question, you guys can try for the consolation prizes tho

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 16, 2011, 05:31:55 PM »
Free Priority Club Points for Quick Surveys (with Answers!)
This post on Flyertalk notes 3 quick Priority Club surveys which offer free points:

100 points: http://usa-survey.priorityclub.com/unfvmw
Answers are : C,D,B

100 points: http://usa-survey.priorityclub.com/fhaidt
Answers are: D,A,D

300 points: http://usa-survey.priorityclub.com/mwpvwj
Answers are: D, D, D, D, C

I had already taken the second and third surveys, it wouldn’t let me take them again. But it did let me take the first one.

pretty sure the middle one is C instead of D on the last one as there are only 3 answers
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 05:34:34 PM by steve dave »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 17, 2011, 12:34:27 PM »
Just found out Mrs. Dave made SPG Gold for 2011.  So, I am gold in PC & Hilton and she is in SPG.  Should make for a good travel year. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 19, 2011, 11:01:48 AM »
So, just found out that I'm a SPG Gold for this coming year.  I think they must have either screwed up or decided what the hell and gave it to me anyway.  I know for a fact I was a few nights short.  Oh well, just ordered my personalized SPG card too:

https://www.spgpromos.com/mycard/index.cfm?language=en_us&EM=VTY_SPG_MYCARD_PROMOTION

:emawkid:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 19, 2011, 11:15:45 AM »

I bet you haven't established credit.  That is one benefit of haveing $80k in student loan debt.  :cool:
CUT UP YOUR CREDIT CARDS IMMEDIATELY!!!1
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 20, 2011, 07:33:53 AM »
Enter your HH login info here:

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/processLanding6.aspx?lp=justgowithit

Drawing is for: