Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 982873 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #400 on: December 09, 2010, 05:47:01 PM »
rd, have you seen any good sign up links for the Chase Hyatt card?  Am going to sign up for the two free nights but don't want to miss a better option. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 09, 2010, 10:09:03 PM »
rd, have you seen any good sign up links for the Chase Hyatt card?  Am going to sign up for the two free nights but don't want to miss a better option. 

I did this.  Didn't seem like a super deal but I was going to be able to put the 2 nights to use in a good location pretty quick.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 10, 2010, 07:41:45 AM »

I did this.  Didn't seem like a super deal but I was going to be able to put the 2 nights to use in a good location pretty quick.

The Hyatts in Hawaii are, like, $400 a night so I figure two nights there for signing up is a pretty good deal. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 10, 2010, 08:03:01 AM »
Posted this in pinstripe pak thread too.  up to $20 statement credit at a couple airport stores at a couple airports or on gogo inflight internet anywhere during the holidays for using an AMEX.  A few carriers are giving gogo away free over the holidays but this is great if you are flying one that doesn't.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/milesquest/2010/12/09/up-to-20-american-express-statement-credit-for-select-airport-purchases/

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 13, 2010, 09:53:42 PM »
SPG's new promo https://www.spgpromos.com/greatweeks/index.cfm?language=en_us&

Also, got Priority Club Rewards CC offer in email.  Had rewards account set up already, no points really, no cards started.
Their offer:
Now Earn 45,000 Points
 APPLY NOW 

Only with the ALL NEW Priority Club® Select Visa®
card will you get:
•  45,000 bonus points after your first purchase1
•  A Free Night certificate every year good at over
   4,400 hotels, worldwide2
•  No foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad3
•  Automatic 10% rebate on all point redemptions
  — up to 100,000 points back each year4
•  5 points per $1 spent at our hotels5
•  2 points per $1 spent on eligible gas, grocery
   and dining purchases5
•  Complimentary Gold Elite status6
•  No annual fee the first year — a $49 value3

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: December 15, 2010, 08:25:19 AM »
free flight and 10% back in form of southwest giftcards on up to first 5k in spend...

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/6000054/Default.aspx

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 19, 2010, 05:22:38 PM »
Posted about this earlier but they extended it and everyone should do this.  Register your Amex(s) here and you get a $25 statement credit if you spend $25 or more on one purchase at a small business (not a chain) before 12/31.  If you have more than one Amex you can register them all and each will get the $25 credit.  Read a story of a couple who had 13 different Amex accounts, registered all of them and bought 13 bottles of $25 wine getting $325 back in statement credits.  I don't think you can register your spouses card on the same account though as it has to be different accounts.  

https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/sbs/

Everybody getting their $25 credits? I got the $25 credit for SPG card when I registered it for Small Business Saturday. Registered SPG Business for the extended deal and haven't got $25 credit for December 4th purchase. Still haven't made purchase for Premier Rewards card. :ohno:

BTW, be on the lookout for an e-mail from AMEX for a $30 statement credit deal if you have the Premier Rewards card. This is the deal, https://onthecard.amexnetwork.com/GoldGet30c/. It says you have to be invited. Would probably be worth trying if you're not.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 05:31:48 PM by JavaCat »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 19, 2010, 05:26:18 PM »
Posted about this earlier but they extended it and everyone should do this.  Register your Amex(s) here and you get a $25 statement credit if you spend $25 or more on one purchase at a small business (not a chain) before 12/31.  If you have more than one Amex you can register them all and each will get the $25 credit.  Read a story of a couple who had 13 different Amex accounts, registered all of them and bought 13 bottles of $25 wine getting $325 back in statement credits.  I don't think you can register your spouses card on the same account though as it has to be different accounts. 

https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/sbs/

Everybody getting their $25 credits? I got the $25 credit for SPG card when I registered it for Small Business Saturday. Registered SPG Business for the extended deal and haven't got $25 credit for December 4th purchase. Still haven't made purchase for Premier Rewards card. :ohno:

Got em all.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 28, 2010, 05:53:53 PM »
travel related  :ck:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 31, 2010, 07:46:12 AM »
I think I linked to this before but it's on topic for nerd travel

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 31, 2010, 11:30:05 AM »
Forgot to post this the other day.  Freaking wedding in DFW International Termy

The groom seemed excited as we passed on the escelator

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 31, 2010, 11:55:54 AM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 31, 2010, 12:24:57 PM »
5 stays away from SPG Gold with a week left in the year and only planning a 5-night stay at a Sheraton?  Book each night separately and stop by the lobby at some point each day to check in/out.  I'm now Gold.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 31, 2010, 12:26:19 PM »
5 stays away from SPG Gold with a week left in the year and only planning a 5-night stay at a Sheraton?  Book each night separately and stop by the lobby at some point each day to check in/out.  I'm now Gold.

Have thought about doing this before

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 31, 2010, 03:41:36 PM »

Have thought about doing this before

I wouldn't have tried it had it not worked unintentionally at OKCPak when everyone's plans kept changing and I had to book the rooms separately.  When checking to see what I needed, I saw I got 2 stays for those 2 nights.  Figured I'd see how far I could push it.

Also looks like I got credit for a stay back at FarmageddonPak when I used free nights but paid a couple bucks for phone or internet or parking or something.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 02, 2011, 12:19:39 PM »
So my goal this year is to take a trip to Hawaii with my wife in late Dec.  Would like to fly first class, at least on the way over to the island.

Starting with 20k Delta miles in my acct, none in wife's.  Set up an awardwallet acct -- kind of sad, most of the accounts are empty, or have very few points/miles.

Any decent options for cards going on now?  Do not care which airline.

Found this link:  away5.citicards.com which has several 75k Citi AA offers after spending $1.5k, the page says the offer expired Oct 31st, but other forums say the offer may still be good.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 02, 2011, 12:23:14 PM »
Found this link:  away5.citicards.com which has several 75k Citi AA offers after spending $1.5k, the page says the offer expired Oct 31st, but other forums say the offer may still be good.

I did that one.  Got the 75K.  No idea if it'll still work past expiration, but the 75K would be enough to get you at least the first-class out there if you planned in advance.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 02, 2011, 02:32:02 PM »
So my goal this year is to take a trip to Hawaii with my wife in late Dec.  Would like to fly first class, at least on the way over to the island.

Starting with 20k Delta miles in my acct, none in wife's.  Set up an awardwallet acct -- kind of sad, most of the accounts are empty, or have very few points/miles.

Yeah, you and the wife need to both do the 75k AA card and think about doing a business card as well until you have enough to fly first class roundtrip.  There are still 75k AA offers out there if you look.  That is your best bet to fly first class.  Then I would look at each getting a SPG or Hyatt card to get 4 or 5 nights free. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: January 04, 2011, 07:37:03 AM »
Watch this video about bose headsets (or just let it run in the background) and have your AA number ready.  150 free AA miles.  They do this every year iirc.

https://www.aadvantagemilesforbose.com/video.htm

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 04, 2011, 09:20:26 AM »

Yeah, you and the wife need to both do the 75k AA card and think about doing a business card as well until you have enough to fly first class roundtrip.  There are still 75k AA offers out there if you look.  That is your best bet to fly first class.  Then I would look at each getting a SPG or Hyatt card to get 4 or 5 nights free. 

Awesome.

Found a link for the 75k offer last night, and signed up both the wife and I.  The new offer requires 4k spending per card withing 6 months to get the 75k miles.  Didn't plan on spending that much, but worst case, I'll buy 4k worth of grocery store and walmart/target gc's and spend zero out of pocket when shopping the rest of the year. 

What Hyatt/SPG cards are out there to get 4/5 nights free?  The SPG cards I found only gave 10k points upon signup.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 04, 2011, 09:27:42 AM »
Yeah, don't waste your time on a 10k SPG signup.  Hyatt's Chase card gives you two free nights so you and the wife each signing up would net you 4 Hyatt nights.  Their Maui and Kauai properties go for $350-$500 a night.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 04, 2011, 04:24:07 PM »
Yeah, don't waste your time on a 10k SPG signup.  Hyatt's Chase card gives you two free nights so you and the wife each signing up would net you 4 Hyatt nights.  Their Maui and Kauai properties go for $350-$500 a night.

Priority Club is doing 2 to 3 free nights on their chase visa card depending on where you find the deal. Prob not as nice of properties in Hawaii but better # of properties if you're going anywhere else

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 04, 2011, 07:16:04 PM »

Priority Club is doing 2 to 3 free nights on their chase visa card depending on where you find the deal. Prob not as nice of properties in Hawaii but better # of properties if you're going anywhere else

Yeah, there aren't any priority club properties in Maui or Kauai.  Some on Oahu.