Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1004158 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #10500 on: June 29, 2018, 07:10:49 PM »
I kind of hope I get denied again just so this becomes a routine saga in this thread.

You will.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10501 on: June 29, 2018, 07:14:38 PM »
Well god rough ridin' dammit.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10502 on: June 29, 2018, 07:20:48 PM »
When they deny you, call them and explain that you're a rough ridin' idiot (note that your business pursuit is rock music after all, duh).  Tell them that you're just trying to get a card that you can isolate your band expenses for and stupidly thought you needed a TIN when the reality is that BtA isn't a separate entity, it's just your trade name when you play shows.  Tell them that accordingly, you should've just listed your SSN; the business is you the sole proprietor and the history they should be checking is your own under your name and address and SSN.  And apologize for having forced them to go through this trouble for you and that you appreciate it.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10503 on: June 29, 2018, 07:22:38 PM »
That sounds a lot like my first go around with these tightwads.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10504 on: June 29, 2018, 08:19:50 PM »
These business cards hate businesses. Only like fake people ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10505 on: June 29, 2018, 08:20:05 PM »
Also gE which I have some for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10506 on: June 29, 2018, 08:42:39 PM »
Certainly runs counter to the normal MO of signing up anything that’s breathing to a 35% annual interest rate.  I’ve been a dog trainer and other weird crap before and got approved just fine but it’s a fickle game.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10507 on: June 29, 2018, 10:00:22 PM »
Stevesie, did you or do you already have a Sapphire (Preferred or Reserve)?  If so, which one and when did you get your sign-up bonus points?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10508 on: June 29, 2018, 11:49:25 PM »
Why in the world would the interest rate be a factor at all?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10509 on: June 30, 2018, 09:11:06 AM »
i have a tax id # and don't use it for applications.  i think it's harder (don't know, just guessing).
Confirmed. Had a legit LLC and it was a huge pain to get a card with it's TIN.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10510 on: June 30, 2018, 09:27:04 PM »
Stevesie, did you or do you already have a Sapphire (Preferred or Reserve)?  If so, which one and when did you get your sign-up bonus points?

Preferred and like a month ago.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10511 on: June 30, 2018, 09:58:04 PM »

Preferred and like a month ago.

Then you'll need to explicitly follow directions and get the Ink. 

If that fails, maybe get the Hyatt that mocat and I posted about in the last day or so.  You'd be able to combo your CSR's with those points and Dylan McKay a Hyatt for a bit.  The Marriott card also is a bit more appealing now that it's got a lot of the best SPG program aspects tied to it.

Related, SPG cards were always great and I think they still are even w/the Marriott thing in play, but SD can confirm.

I've never really gone outside Chase as far as other general point-earners that you can transfer into various programs.

Alaska cards are easy and fun to churn, but I'm sure they're way less useful for you than I.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10512 on: July 01, 2018, 09:08:13 AM »
grumblings chase is making ALL cards fall under 5/24 rules.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10513 on: July 01, 2018, 11:29:03 AM »
grumblings chase is making ALL cards fall under 5/24 rules.

i don't think i care?  their non 5/24 cards are pretty garbage.  unless they mean bus cards too.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10514 on: July 01, 2018, 12:17:36 PM »
When they deny you, call them and explain that you're a rough ridin' idiot (note that your business pursuit is rock music after all, duh).  Tell them that you're just trying to get a card that you can isolate your band expenses for and stupidly thought you needed a TIN when the reality is that BtA isn't a separate entity, it's just your trade name when you play shows.  Tell them that accordingly, you should've just listed your SSN; the business is you the sole proprietor and the history they should be checking is your own under your name and address and SSN.  And apologize for having forced them to go through this trouble for you and that you appreciate it.

Like I said, this is almost exactly what I did the first time. Used my SSN. Phone call, told them I'm just trying to keep band stuff on their to track expenses and that I was planning on recording and buying a lot of merch soon and she asked for my TIN. When I didn't have one she said she couldn't help me. So, looks like Hyatt will be my next endeavor.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10515 on: July 01, 2018, 12:36:36 PM »

Like I said, this is almost exactly what I did the first time. Used my SSN. Phone call, told them I'm just trying to keep band stuff on their to track expenses and that I was planning on recording and buying a lot of merch soon and she asked for my TIN. When I didn't have one she said she couldn't help me. So, looks like Hyatt will be my next endeavor.

Yeah, but this is you trying to salvage something after screwing it up from the start.  Next time, do what's been posted from the outset.  Apply with your own name as the business name and your own SSN as the TIN.  Your band or whatever you want to make up as your side gig won't be part of the process at all other than when you may have to orally explain it to them, and there definitely won't be a number aside from your own SSN involved.

You're throwing the whole thing off track from jump by adding other names and numbers to the mix.  When you do that, they start digging into those names and numbers and obviously finding no history whatsoever.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10516 on: July 01, 2018, 02:19:14 PM »
Gotcha. Time to find another one then!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: July 01, 2018, 02:33:55 PM »
If you give up and settle on a Hyatt card, besides it combo'n well w/Sapphire points, I believe it also still gives you a bumped Hyatt status and in turn you get a matching MLife status that helps for half of Vegas.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: July 02, 2018, 03:16:42 PM »
If you give up and settle on a Hyatt card, besides it combo'n well w/Sapphire points, I believe it also still gives you a bumped Hyatt status and in turn you get a matching MLife status that helps for half of Vegas.

After I decide to stop vulturing sign-up bonuses on random cards from random makers, I'll probably just settle on an easy chase rotation.

Chase Freedom
CSR
SW Plus
SW Premier
Hyatt

Pretty much gets me anything I need. Most have good anniversary bonuses and easiest use.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: July 02, 2018, 07:08:16 PM »
don't rotate freedom.  keep it for the bonus category spend and to stash ur's. 
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10520 on: July 02, 2018, 07:19:04 PM »
don't rotate freedom.  keep it for the bonus category spend and to stash ur's.

Yes
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline bigdavefreemaw

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: July 02, 2018, 10:08:51 PM »
I'm already rocking the Sapphire Reserve, the Chase business card, and the freedom unlimited. Is there a better option for my next card then the Marriott card with 100,000 sign up points? I don't travel enough to have/be working towards any airline status. Same for hotels. This seems like a good starting option for hotels though. What say you gE?

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/marriottpremierplus/naep?CELL=6H8X&AFFID=pngc6t7Ewoo-B42zkdmtj9o9rYqCmFLIGA&pvid=7392d1b541bd4384baaae403ead9cd4f&jp_cmp=cc/583998/aff/3-10002981/na

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10522 on: July 02, 2018, 10:21:00 PM »
yeah, it or the new hyatt are both great. obv 5/24 implications. amex biz plat has a 100k which is good. aa has a decent citi one. some other crap. but if you have some chase availability then either the hyatt or marriott are decent.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10523 on: July 05, 2018, 11:12:18 AM »
If I understand correctly, you're not allowed to get points or meet the minimum spending requirements by PayPal or VenMo transactions, right?

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #10524 on: July 07, 2018, 11:44:09 PM »
I'm already rocking the Sapphire Reserve, the Chase business card, and the freedom unlimited. Is there a better option for my next card then the Marriott card with 100,000 sign up points? I don't travel enough to have/be working towards any airline status. Same for hotels. This seems like a good starting option for hotels though. What say you gE?

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/marriottpremierplus/naep?CELL=6H8X&AFFID=pngc6t7Ewoo-B42zkdmtj9o9rYqCmFLIGA&pvid=7392d1b541bd4384baaae403ead9cd4f&jp_cmp=cc/583998/aff/3-10002981/na

The new Marriott card is really good and you can even use this referral so I can get point

https://www.referyourchasecard.com/252/Q48LZFAAEF

Thanks
emaw