Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 982834 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #10175 on: November 12, 2017, 06:53:10 PM »
imma hit up another CSP, anyone want me to use their referral? are there referrals?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10176 on: November 12, 2017, 07:43:29 PM »
Yeah, I’ll refer you. PM name and email.

Offline LilSmokyMcIntyre

• Fan
  • The (wo)man the myth the legend
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/#!/HotDogsKC
« Reply #10177 on: November 17, 2017, 06:12:50 PM »
Flying to Edinburgh, Waldorf Caledonian, Virgin train to London, London Edition, flying home from London. Seems like I would be doing more things for 3/4 of a million points/miles. BUT NOPE.

Did that trip but in reverse a year ago. Even stayed at that Waldorf Hotel, complimentary of course. Excellent location and the Hotel has history like everything does over there but the hotel itself is a little underwhelming.  There are some excellent pubs northeast of the Hotel within walking distance. Edinburgh is a gem of Scotland.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10178 on: November 17, 2017, 07:12:15 PM »
Flying to Edinburgh, Waldorf Caledonian, Virgin train to London, London Edition, flying home from London. Seems like I would be doing more things for 3/4 of a million points/miles. BUT NOPE.

Did that trip but in reverse a year ago. Even stayed at that Waldorf Hotel, complimentary of course. Excellent location and the Hotel has history like everything does over there but the hotel itself is a little underwhelming.  There are some excellent pubs northeast of the Hotel within walking distance. Edinburgh is a gem of Scotland.

Yeah, the location and the fact that I had over a billion hilton points to burn were the reason we're staying there. The Glasshouse on Marriott points looks more interesting (if we're just talking hotels on points) but I'm using those in London at The Edition and the location of the Waldorf is better. Any Edinburg pro-tips feel free to PM or post.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10179 on: November 17, 2017, 07:12:41 PM »
imma hit up another CSP, anyone want me to use their referral? are there referrals?

ZERO PM'S RECEIVED  :angry:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #10180 on: November 17, 2017, 07:55:47 PM »

ZERO PM'S RECEIVED  :angry:

hi steven,

thank you very much for your support, but an earlier bird beat you to the worm AND that bird did not ask me to do the tedious additional legwork of trying to figure out how to send a pm

you can call next maybe??

Offline LilSmokyMcIntyre

• Fan
  • The (wo)man the myth the legend
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/#!/HotDogsKC
« Reply #10181 on: November 17, 2017, 08:22:25 PM »

Yeah, the location and the fact that I had over a billion hilton points to burn were the reason we're staying there. The Glasshouse on Marriott points looks more interesting (if we're just talking hotels on points) but I'm using those in London at The Edition and the location of the Waldorf is better. Any Edinburg pro-tips feel free to PM or post.

Edinburgh Castle is nice and easily walkable from the Waldorf. Pro tip is buy your tickets online. Did this while standing in line and bypassed about 300 people in line. The bar / shopping strip is pretty nice with a lot of options. I’d recommend a day tour. We did one that took us along the ocean culminating in the city that has St. Andrews Golf Course.  If you can go on Sunday you can roam the course for free.  Getting a tee time takes many months. Hit up any of the scotch distilleries you can. Glenlivet is amazing. The drive to get there is pretty intense. The drive home is even more so :driving:

We stayed at Marriott hotel county hall in London.  Location is really good but there’s a ton of options in London. London is pretty amazing. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10182 on: November 18, 2017, 04:49:10 AM »
Yeah, I’ve been to London multiple times. Thanks lil smok

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10183 on: November 21, 2017, 01:18:13 PM »
United MP: Is there a limit on the number of miles seats they'll book per flight? Or is it the case that you can use miles to book a seat as long as there are available seats on a flight?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10184 on: November 21, 2017, 03:10:16 PM »
Yes, at the lower point levels. At the higher levels it’s easier to book a ton of seats.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10185 on: November 21, 2017, 03:42:43 PM »
Was angling for the SW Companion Pass to start 2018 but looks like I've missed the 50,000 and 60,000 signup bonuses. 40k is not going to get the job done. Is there any service that will send me an alert when they go back up to 50k?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #10186 on: November 21, 2017, 04:27:47 PM »
Was angling for the SW Companion Pass to start 2018 but looks like I've missed the 50,000 and 60,000 signup bonuses. 40k is not going to get the job done. Is there any service that will send me an alert when they go back up to 50k?

find a thread on FT or somewhere about it and set up a subscription or alert, hope someone bumps it.    But it's not that hard to just check every couple of days.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10187 on: November 21, 2017, 08:41:53 PM »

We got 2 60k and now 2 40k and will have 2 Comp passes for our giant brood of kids for the next 2 years. If it goes back to 50k+ you can just see it here for free.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10188 on: December 02, 2017, 04:24:56 PM »
60k delta points is a good deal, even with the annual fee.  if you want them, please use this link.

Apply for the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card with this link. We can both get rewarded if you're approved!
http://refer.amex.us/MARIAM2EXu?xl=cp35
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10189 on: December 02, 2017, 04:39:57 PM »
they periodically have a 70k but 60k is decent. had a 100k one time.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10190 on: December 02, 2017, 04:41:19 PM »
After all these SW cards I'm about to put our family on a two year 5/24 ineligible status because I'm blowing up the barclay AA, citi AA offers. need to build my AA back up.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10191 on: December 02, 2017, 08:21:08 PM »
delta is running the 70k, $3k + $100 statement credit w/a  delta purchase + annual companion pass again too.  $195/annual fee

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10192 on: December 02, 2017, 08:59:27 PM »
delta is running the 70k, $3k + $100 statement credit w/a  delta purchase + annual companion pass again too.  $195/annual fee

i think the 60k for $95 is the better deal, but it depends somewhat on whether you're going to make a delta purchase right quick.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10193 on: December 04, 2017, 11:47:54 AM »
i got my 60k AA points from the barclay aviator card.  haven't flown AA in awhile, best redemption from MCI with those?

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10194 on: December 08, 2017, 12:13:24 AM »
Best card that I would hang onto and use for a legit small business?  Would be nice if the card earned points compatible with Delta (without taking a killing on transfers) but not a must.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10195 on: December 08, 2017, 05:00:05 AM »
i got my 60k AA points from the barclay aviator card.  haven't flown AA in awhile, best redemption from MCI with those?

You can fly anywhere but finding saver space on AA is tough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10196 on: December 08, 2017, 05:00:43 AM »
Best card that I would hang onto and use for a legit small business?  Would be nice if the card earned points compatible with Delta (without taking a killing on transfers) but not a must.

Ink, though no Delta. Plat Amex is compatible with Delta and would be option 1A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10197 on: December 08, 2017, 10:50:17 AM »
I think i’ve had success lately using URs to buy delta flights thru the portal. Maybe could’ve got a better deal with a convoluted process of transferring among partner hotels and airlines, but whatever.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10198 on: December 08, 2017, 10:52:17 AM »
I think i’ve had success lately using URs to buy delta flights thru the portal. Maybe could’ve got a better deal with a convoluted process of transferring among partner hotels and airlines, but whatever.

i never thought i would use the portal but i just got a nonstop RT to seattle ( :surprised: ) on Alaska for 20k URs

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10199 on: December 08, 2017, 11:28:39 AM »

i never thought i would use the portal but i just got a nonstop RT to seattle ( :surprised: ) on Alaska for 20k URs

Yeah, I'm now checking regular award options against the portal every time.  I've had trips where using the direct award is much cheaper than the portal one direction, and the opposite coming back.