Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1006045 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #9050 on: June 25, 2016, 01:34:54 PM »
that sounds more like me.  i flyertalk check everything.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9051 on: June 25, 2016, 01:47:02 PM »
so no one has any experience or success stories of stashing and rescuing ur points?  maybe i'll hedge and do half and half.

if I were you I'd transfer to United instead of potentially never getting more than 1 CPM for them. Or Hyatt.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9052 on: June 25, 2016, 01:55:17 PM »
i've got ~75k UR points, am i supposed to be hiding them or something?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9053 on: June 25, 2016, 02:09:58 PM »
i've got ~75k UR points, am i supposed to be hiding them or something?

no, just don't be a dumbass and cancel your CSP. or, alternatively, get an Ink and transfer them to it before you cancel the CSP.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9054 on: June 25, 2016, 02:15:52 PM »
tinder for airports  :lol:

http://btrfly.net/

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9055 on: June 25, 2016, 02:20:58 PM »
if I were you I'd transfer to United instead of potentially never getting more than 1 CPM for them. Or Hyatt.

i'm going to send 5-10 k to the freedom to see how it goes and the rest to united.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9056 on: June 25, 2016, 02:24:20 PM »
How much is the ink renewal fee?  Just do it and see to it you get a sapphire by next year and splurge on office supplies and phone/cable bills in the meantime.  Maybe get crazy and have your own espn3 link for the upcoming hoops season.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9057 on: June 25, 2016, 02:28:55 PM »
How much is the ink renewal fee?  Just do it.

$95.  no way.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9058 on: June 25, 2016, 02:29:44 PM »
how many UR points are we talking about here?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9059 on: June 25, 2016, 02:31:34 PM »
61k plus there's 35-40k or so already in the freedom that will also be (hopefully temporarily) stranded as soon as the ink is cancelled.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9060 on: June 25, 2016, 02:34:27 PM »
61k plus there's 35-40k or so already in the freedom that will also be (hopefully temporarily) stranded as soon as the ink is cancelled.

pay the Ink fee. I probably owe you and KK some $ for the MLB login I've been using so you can use that as the reason to break your vows and bill me via PM.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9061 on: June 25, 2016, 02:36:10 PM »
nope.  if i was going to pay a card fee, it wouldn't be for this ink.  my wife will be able to get a csp in a few months and i don't use the ink that much.  certainly not enough to justify paying for it.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9062 on: June 25, 2016, 02:36:58 PM »
i mean, there's no reason to think stashing the points on the freedom won't work.  it's just paranoia, you know?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9063 on: June 25, 2016, 02:51:55 PM »
i mean, there's no reason to think stashing the points on the freedom won't work.  it's just paranoia, you know?

probably. it makes a lot more sense now that you said your wife was getting the CSP. Didn't know if you had an eventual out planned. that said, you have to be an additional user on her CSP to transfer your UR to her account. That counts against your 5/24. last I recall your strategy was to just do 5 chase cards every two years. that wouldn't be a smart move if that's still the case.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9064 on: June 25, 2016, 02:54:47 PM »
transactions are now complete.  debate on this issue is closed.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9065 on: June 25, 2016, 02:59:24 PM »
you have to be an additional user on her CSP to transfer your UR to her account.

you can move them between spouses without having additional users.  like i just did to move from my ink to her freedom.  unless chase does something dickish like makes 5/24 into 5/36 or changes ur point sharing between freedoms and real ur cards they'll go from her freedom into her new csp in october.

i guess they could also just not have a good signup bonus this fall, but then it'd presumably just be a matter of waiting a little longer.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9066 on: June 25, 2016, 03:04:01 PM »
you have to be an additional user on her CSP to transfer your UR to her account.

you can move them between spouses without having additional users.  like i just did to move from my ink to her freedom.  unless chase does something dickish like makes 5/24 into 5/36 or changes ur point sharing between freedoms and real ur cards they'll go from her freedom into her new csp in october.

i guess they could also just not have a good signup bonus this fall, but then it'd presumably just be a matter of waiting a little longer.

huh, mrs dave is an additional user so I have no first person experience with any of them but I remember lucky posting this. Maybe it was never enforced?

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2015/11/16/chase-makes-changes-to-ultimate-rewards-points-transfers/

Previously you could transfer points to a spouse who wasn’t an authorized user on the card, while now transfers are strictly limited to those who are authorized users.

is this just for transfer to their airline/hotel program? That makes sense if so.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9067 on: June 25, 2016, 03:07:15 PM »
he's talking about transfers of ur points to miles or hotel points or whatever.  the sharing of points between spousal ur accounts is still ok.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9068 on: June 25, 2016, 03:09:16 PM »
he's talking about transfers of ur points to miles or hotel points or whatever.  the sharing of points between spousal ur accounts is still ok.

:thumbs:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9069 on: June 25, 2016, 03:14:06 PM »
I hit SWA A-List Preferred this month, with no card bonuses...did it the old school way.   Here's the thing I am curious about, will the 100% earning bonus apply to credit card points or just points doe flights?   Anyone know?

A list preferred is pretty easy if you fly biz select every time you fly.  Lots of flights out of MCI don't have wifi so that's a rip

I rarely am able to get away with biz select for work.  Only on short notice stuff, a most of my travel are that large multiple month projects where travel schedules are known WAY in advance.

I don't really care that much about the wifi.  When I work on the plane, I just answer emails in the queue offline.  It's that 100% bonus that's the doozy of a perk.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9070 on: June 25, 2016, 03:22:57 PM »
I don't get what SW has to sell to business or frequent flyers. get on the plane earlier? WGAF, enormous families get on right after A and sit in entire rows in the front half before B and C board. Business select gets you an exit row or bulkhead seat. I love the crap out of southwest for flying my wife and kids somewhere a few times a year.

The Big Train

« Reply #9071 on: June 25, 2016, 03:37:37 PM »

oh man!  thats actually a really good idea

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9072 on: June 25, 2016, 05:21:43 PM »

oh man!  thats actually a really good idea

michelle, designer, 28  :Jeffy:

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9073 on: June 25, 2016, 05:26:44 PM »
I hit SWA A-List Preferred this month, with no card bonuses...did it the old school way.   Here's the thing I am curious about, will the 100% earning bonus apply to credit card points or just points doe flights?   Anyone know?

A list preferred is pretty easy if you fly biz select every time you fly.  Lots of flights out of MCI don't have wifi so that's a rip

I rarely am able to get away with biz select for work.  Only on short notice stuff, a most of my travel are that large multiple month projects where travel schedules are known WAY in advance.

I don't really care that much about the wifi.  When I work on the plane, I just answer emails in the queue offline.  It's that 100% bonus that's the doozy of a perk.

i've only been on one in the past couple years w/o wifi but i think i've transitioned into a delta man for most of my flights from now on.  but ya the first thing i do when i get to my gate is look for that hump on the top of the plane.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9074 on: June 27, 2016, 10:58:12 AM »
My aa miles expired.  This stuff is a joke