Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1002623 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #8525 on: January 26, 2016, 09:18:59 AM »
probably been discussed, but does adding an authorized user count towards the number of Chase cards during the new cards per period rules?

Yes

affirmative

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8526 on: January 26, 2016, 09:20:59 AM »
damn, so i'm assuming the new steve dave stance is don't ever do the auth user unless you need it to hit the min spend?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #8527 on: January 26, 2016, 09:21:54 AM »
OK, just so you're up to speed on the new Chase card requirements for you and your authorized users. I don't want your CSP UR points becoming garbage Freedom UR points with no escape route.

I think my strategy will work. I don't travel enough to pay the fee and now that I will have the companion pass and plenty of SW miles, I'll prob have no reason to need to transfer CSP points for a while. Plus, Mrs SF doesn't like the credit card game much and gets mad at me when I get mad at her for using the wrong card.

Or I will just pay the fee

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8528 on: January 26, 2016, 09:24:06 AM »
damn, so i'm assuming the new steve dave stance is don't ever do the auth user unless you need it to hit the min spend?

my stance is keep one freedom and one CSP card in my name and never cancel them and churn other stuff. we had a good debate about it at some point in the last thousand pages.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8529 on: January 26, 2016, 09:29:20 AM »

Right. I just make Gooch pay for ever-y-thing since only he has our latest card that we are spending on.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8530 on: January 26, 2016, 09:36:26 AM »

my stance is keep one freedom and one CSP card in my name and never cancel them and churn other stuff. we had a good debate about it at some point in the last thousand pages.

I've probably read, but didn't want to go thru 1,000 pages to figure it out, and appreciate you restating it for me.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8531 on: January 26, 2016, 09:37:01 AM »

Right. I just make Gooch pay for ever-y-thing since only he has our latest card that we are spending on.

ty

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #8532 on: January 26, 2016, 09:38:09 AM »

Do you do the same for Mrs SD?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8533 on: January 26, 2016, 10:12:55 AM »

Do you do the same for Mrs SD?

she has had a CSP, Ink, and Freedom before but now is just an authorized user on my CSP and Freedom (both cancelled the Ink). And yes, she churns all the cards I do at the same time.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8534 on: January 26, 2016, 02:14:29 PM »
So if you transfer your UR points to freedom and close the csp, can you not transfer them back to UR if you churn another CSP in the future?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8535 on: January 26, 2016, 02:34:46 PM »

So you don't ever churn CSP?  Is that a dumb noob question? I just cancelled mine a year ago.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8536 on: January 26, 2016, 08:32:11 PM »
Correct, I do not churn it

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8537 on: January 26, 2016, 08:41:31 PM »
I just got a United 50k offer in the mail.  :Woohoo:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8538 on: January 27, 2016, 12:24:12 PM »

It said Decision Pending. If I got a targeted offer in the mail, why didn't they instantly approve me?  :don'tcare:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8539 on: January 27, 2016, 04:44:18 PM »

It said Decision Pending. If I got a targeted offer in the mail, why didn't they instantly approve me?  :don'tcare:

just call them and they will. chase is super stupid about stuff like this.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #8540 on: January 27, 2016, 07:44:35 PM »

just call them and they will. chase is super stupid about stuff like this.

I got this when getting the 2 SW cards. I called and they said they auto denied me for applying for 2 cards the same day. I was nice and just told the guy I wanted 2 cards in the same day and he approved me.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8541 on: January 27, 2016, 08:11:58 PM »
Ok. So I'm working on getting my credit together. My score is crappy. Like 580 crappy. I'm paying off a lot of things in collections and working on being better off financially. How, if at all, would a credit card fit in with this? I do not currently have one.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8542 on: January 27, 2016, 08:18:02 PM »
Ok. So I'm working on getting my credit together. My score is crappy. Like 580 crappy. I'm paying off a lot of things in collections and working on being better off financially. How, if at all, would a credit card fit in with this? I do not currently have one.
Establishing good credit is definitely something that will get your score up,  but not by a huge amount until after those collections accounts are taken care of.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8543 on: January 27, 2016, 08:22:54 PM »
Establishing good credit is definitely something that will get your score up,  but not by a huge amount until after those collections accounts are taken care of.
Ok. Thank you. I spent the past year establishing some good payment history with my car loan. I'll just focus on the collections shiz then. Thanks.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8544 on: January 27, 2016, 08:27:21 PM »
Dave Ramsey is correct in that a credit score is simply a way to quantify your proven ability to get in debt, manage debt, and ease with which you can get into further debt. So, even though I put my credit score in a different thread, it is nothing to be overly proud of.  Having a poor score will impact rates you can get if you are trying to go further in debt.
It is a really stupid number if you think about it, but it is the system that is used, so it is what it is. (5/7 on Wednesday night)

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

The Big Train

« Reply #8545 on: January 27, 2016, 08:32:33 PM »
Dave Ramsey is correct in that a credit score is simply a way to quantify your proven ability to get in debt, manage debt, and ease with which you can get into further debt. So, even though I put my credit score in a different thread, it is nothing to be overly proud of.  Having a poor score will impact rates you can get if you are trying to go further in debt.
It is a really stupid number if you think about it, but it is the system that is used, so it is what it is. (5/7 on Wednesday night)

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

:ohno:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8546 on: January 27, 2016, 08:42:26 PM »

if you can afford it, get a secured card, set it up to autopay your monthly statement amount
it will help to continue to establish your credit worthiness
bankrate is a good resource for card recommendos

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8547 on: January 27, 2016, 08:44:06 PM »
Credit Karma has suggested some secured cards. I didn't know what that meant.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8548 on: January 27, 2016, 08:51:03 PM »
My Capitalone quicksilver approval odds rotate from good to fair. I'll probably just wait til it stays good for a while and see about that. I don't want to get one to just to get one.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8549 on: January 27, 2016, 08:57:47 PM »
Credit Karma has suggested some secured cards. I didn't know what that meant.
i think they suggest cards that pay for the suggestion, i don't think that bankrate does (but maybe they do)

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.