Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1005225 times)

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #8375 on: December 28, 2015, 06:51:33 PM »
The one time I used a real business with it's own TIN, it was harder than just saying whatever rando business you can think of.

I can relate to this.  It sucks when you actually want to build a credit history for a legit business.
@mikec2w

The Big Train

« Reply #8376 on: December 28, 2015, 07:07:33 PM »
gE isn't a legit business :surprised:

The Big Train

« Reply #8377 on: December 28, 2015, 07:08:22 PM »
Maybe it's a front for tons of money laundering :horrorsurprise:

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: December 28, 2015, 07:25:47 PM »
gE isn't a legit business :surprised:
your face isn't a legit business

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8379 on: December 29, 2015, 07:24:03 AM »
I'm experiencing my first huge difference in airline miles vs. credit card reward points since listening to the SD teachings.  3x more Thank You Reward points for a business class open jaw to united kingdom versus what it will cost me in AA points.  Lesson learned.

yeah, works both ways. sometimes you'll find the opposite. that's why it's great to have a bunch of different point currencies.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: December 29, 2015, 10:43:41 AM »
Trying to get my brother this card and get the 2 free nights at Hyatt (https://creditcards.chase.com/lp/hyatt50).

The offer details state: "Offer only available to you if you have stayed at a Hyatt property since May 1, 2015."

If he uses that link, but hasn't stayed at a Hyatt property will they not give him the 2 free nights?  Trying to take him back to Hyatt Zilara in Cancun next year w/ me.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: December 29, 2015, 02:06:11 PM »
what in the world. I didn't know of that qualification. I also don't think it will be enforced but don't know for sure.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: December 29, 2015, 02:12:08 PM »
I got the Hyatt card in Juneand got the 2 free nights (using them in about a month) and I don't think I had stayed at a Hyatt within a certain timeframe - I didn't even have a Hyatt account before I got the card.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: December 29, 2015, 02:14:34 PM »
How long should Gooch have to wait to heard back from Citi about his United business card? It has been about 2 weeks (I think) and no response yet.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8384 on: December 29, 2015, 02:17:16 PM »
How long should Gooch have to wait to heard back from Citi about his United business card? It has been about 2 weeks (I think) and no response yet.

I can guarantee you Citi will never contact him about it

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8385 on: December 29, 2015, 02:18:23 PM »
but if he gives chase a call they can probably tell him over the phone if he's getting it or not (probably will, sometimes you just have to tell them to issue it). google "chase credit card reconsideration number" or something similar and call them up.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8386 on: December 29, 2015, 02:24:38 PM »
OK, whichever bank it was. I don't know.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8387 on: December 29, 2015, 04:01:40 PM »
I got the Hyatt card in Juneand got the 2 free nights (using them in about a month) and I don't think I had stayed at a Hyatt within a certain timeframe - I didn't even have a Hyatt account before I got the card.

Thanks, I guess we'll go for it.  What's the worst that could happen?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #8388 on: December 29, 2015, 04:12:05 PM »

looks like that requirement was added in october and only applies to the $50 statement credit, not the 2 free nights

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8389 on: December 30, 2015, 11:47:34 AM »

looks like that requirement was added in october and only applies to the $50 statement credit, not the 2 free nights

Offer Details

2 Free Nights: Exclusive offer only available for guests who have had a stay after May 1, 2015.
This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this consumer credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this consumer credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card within the last 24 months. To qualify and receive your two Hyatt Gold Passport® Free Night Awards, you must make Purchases totaling $1,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. (“Purchases” do not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) Each Free Night Award is valid for use within one year from issuance for one (1) night in any available standard room at any Hyatt Hotel or Resort worldwide or participating M life resorts. Free Night Awards at Hyatt Zilara and Hyatt Ziva are based on single or double occupancy only. Awards are not transferable. After qualifying, please allow 10 days for your Free Night Award(s) to post to your Hyatt Gold Passport account. For complete terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program including the use of Free Night Awards, see goldpassport.com. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment. If your account is not open for at least 3 months, Hyatt and Chase reserve the right to deduct the Free Night Awards from your Hyatt Gold Passport account.

$50 Statement Credit:
This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this consumer credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this consumer credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card within the last 24 months. You will qualify for and receive your statement credit after your First Purchase. (“First Purchase” does not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for your statement credit to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8390 on: December 30, 2015, 11:59:45 AM »
Just go get the 2 free night offer that everyone can get at chase.com instead of f'n w/that thing that has the 50 in the link and gets you a $50 statement credit but doesn't get you the 2 nights unless you stayed there since May or whatever.  Y-W.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #8391 on: December 30, 2015, 12:04:43 PM »

Offer Details

2 Free Nights: Exclusive offer only available for guests who have had a stay after May 1, 2015.
This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this consumer credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this consumer credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card within the last 24 months. To qualify and receive your two Hyatt Gold Passport® Free Night Awards, you must make Purchases totaling $1,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. (“Purchases” do not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) Each Free Night Award is valid for use within one year from issuance for one (1) night in any available standard room at any Hyatt Hotel or Resort worldwide or participating M life resorts. Free Night Awards at Hyatt Zilara and Hyatt Ziva are based on single or double occupancy only. Awards are not transferable. After qualifying, please allow 10 days for your Free Night Award(s) to post to your Hyatt Gold Passport account. For complete terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program including the use of Free Night Awards, see goldpassport.com. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment. If your account is not open for at least 3 months, Hyatt and Chase reserve the right to deduct the Free Night Awards from your Hyatt Gold Passport account.

$50 Statement Credit:
This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this consumer credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this consumer credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card within the last 24 months. You will qualify for and receive your statement credit after your First Purchase. (“First Purchase” does not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for your statement credit to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.

according to others they have had no issue getting the 2 nights, but have been told for the statement credit they needed a confirmation number from a stay

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8392 on: January 01, 2016, 12:00:05 PM »
Debated putting this in the travel thread, but ultimately decided I needed points advice from SD and RD more than where-to-stay advice, although I do need and would welcome both.

Mrs. WonderMeal and I are having some work done on Casa WonderMeal from 2/9 to 2/13 (four nights), and I figured it would be good to use this as an excuse to go to take the three kids to an all-inclusive. We need a little bit of points help to get there, though. 

Right now we're thinking Cancun, because it's pretty easy to travel to/from for us, and we have two free Hyatt nights that I'm thinking we could use at the new Hyatt Ziva. Other items that we have in our points portfolio right now:

-110k SW points + companion pass
-Two free Hyatt nights
-Two free weekend nights at a Hilton (apparently not valid at all-inclusives?)
-103,000 URs
-103,000 Amex points
-Ability to apply for pretty much any non-Chase card (SPG? Marriott?) for free nights

We're open to switching resorts at some point, or spending part of the vacay in a hotel. We're also not 100% tied to Cancun, although we will need to stay somewhere with kiddos.

Tell me, gE travel studs, what remaining cards should I get, and where should we stay?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8393 on: January 01, 2016, 12:08:54 PM »
I think the Ziva would be great. I'd try to stay there the entire time if it's just 4 nights.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8394 on: January 01, 2016, 12:14:54 PM »
Also are there referral links for that Hilton free weekend card?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8395 on: January 01, 2016, 11:48:15 PM »
hampton inns are (usually) a great value for hh redemptions in latin america.  nothing in cancun, but you could skip over to merida after your cancun ziva nights and stay there for like two weeks on a single hh credit card bonus if you wanted.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #8396 on: January 03, 2016, 06:23:11 PM »
hampton inns are (usually) a great value for hh redemptions in latin america.  nothing in cancun, but you could skip over to merida after your cancun ziva nights and stay there for like two weeks on a single hh credit card bonus if you wanted.

good info for when I get more stupid hilton points from stupid work
emaw

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8397 on: January 03, 2016, 07:00:09 PM »

Debated putting this in the travel thread, but ultimately decided I needed points advice from SD and RD more than where-to-stay advice, although I do need and would welcome both.

Mrs. WonderMeal and I are having some work done on Casa WonderMeal from 2/9 to 2/13 (four nights), and I figured it would be good to use this as an excuse to go to take the three kids to an all-inclusive. We need a little bit of points help to get there, though. 

Right now we're thinking Cancun, because it's pretty easy to travel to/from for us, and we have two free Hyatt nights that I'm thinking we could use at the new Hyatt Ziva. Other items that we have in our points portfolio right now:

-110k SW points + companion pass
-Two free Hyatt nights
-Two free weekend nights at a Hilton (apparently not valid at all-inclusives?)
-103,000 URs
-103,000 Amex points
-Ability to apply for pretty much any non-Chase card (SPG? Marriott?) for free nights

We're open to switching resorts at some point, or spending part of the vacay in a hotel. We're also not 100% tied to Cancun, although we will need to stay somewhere with kiddos.

Tell me, gE travel studs, what remaining cards should I get, and where should we stay?

I am in Cancun burning Marriott points at the moment.  That Hyatt looked nice from the road, but that's all I know about it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8398 on: January 04, 2016, 06:58:11 AM »
yeah, that hyatt would be a great usage. do that WM. See if you can fly SW using that comp pass if you don't mind flying that far on SW.

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8399 on: January 04, 2016, 07:06:21 AM »
My only concern is that staying at the Ziva for two additional nights (beyond the two free) would pretty much bankrupt me of UR points. Given that Chase is now denying people left and right (including Mrs. WonderMeal), I'm worried that I'd be without URs for a long long time.

Is there any way to use the Amex points (transfer to SPG) for the remaining two nights? Is there a card I can get and meet the spend for pretty quick that would also get me free nights? Or should I just bite the bullet and spend all my UR?

Related question: Hyatt says the Ziva would be either 20k or 25k Hyatt points per night, plus 10,000 extra for each additional person. Does anyone know if that counts the Little 'Meals? Because if so, a night at the Ziva using URs/Hyatt points would be 50k or 55k. Woof.

Edit: looks like the Li'l 'Meals would bump up the price of a standard room to 55k/night, or all of my remaining UR. Double woof. Definitely looking for help on the other two nights now.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 07:16:20 AM by WonderMeal »